Haspen
- 12 (30.8%)
IWBTG
- 9 (23.1%)
I'm scared
- 9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC: Over and out  (Read 46841 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2013, 04:04:14 pm »

The original can attest to my waitlister patience, as I got in a full year after hopping on the waitlist.

Then it died.  Sadface.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2013, 05:18:23 pm »

OTOH, the waitlisters who didn't get in have probably mostly gone "welp, didn't get in, balls to that thread then", so... yeah.
Those waitlisters give us a bad name.
Indeed.

Anyways, one thing that occurred to me is having some kind of roll instead of a deadline--either a percentage roll (You have a 40% chance to die each turn you're KO'd) or base it on 'Stache or something. Either way, a small chance that you are still unconscious but don't need to worry about dying (ie a stabilization roll of sorts).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2013, 05:33:24 pm »

Anyways, one thing that occurred to me is having some kind of roll instead of a deadline--either a percentage roll (You have a 40% chance to die each turn you're KO'd) or base it on 'Stache or something. Either way, a small chance that you are still unconscious but don't need to worry about dying (ie a stabilization roll of sorts).

Mm. Leaving player death each turn down to outright chance would break tactics. "Don't worry, I've got you - oh, nope, you failed your roll. LOL!" Main reason why I made it 2 turns.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2013, 03:10:58 pm »

By the way, if anyone wants me to redo or change something about their mapsprites/talk sprites, just say so. I'm not always that great at interpreting appearances/styles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2013, 03:33:40 pm »

Mm. Leaving player death each turn down to outright chance would break tactics. "Don't worry, I've got you - oh, nope, you failed your roll. LOL!" Main reason why I made it 2 turns.
To each their own. Not how I'd interpret it, but I'm neither GM nor current player.
(Personally, I would prefer a little randomness over not feeling like I'm in any danger from the KO'ing until that last turn or so.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2013, 04:27:07 pm »

By the way, if anyone wants me to redo or change something about their mapsprites/talk sprites, just say so. I'm not always that great at interpreting appearances/styles.

You know, when I typed in 'bandanna' on my chars description, my mental image was more something like she was wearing this...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That being said, it's fairly minor nitpick and not terribly pressing. Not sure if I would include a skull.

And I've got Caellath maybe hopefully working on my own high quality chatpsprite anywho-he's the one who did Sadie, who has been occupying my sig for a long while. However that turns out, you probably dont need to bother much.

Edit: Should also ask, Kammy had a nice wand. :P Is it possible to loot enemies of their equipment or not something we should worry about?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:39:52 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2013, 05:31:44 pm »

Well, I'd like Vilhelmas' hair a bit shorter, otherwise it's good.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2013, 06:15:07 pm »

Bwahahaha, nice post Dwarmin. Betting that long legalese speech probably confused Bowser long enough for the brothers to either stomp him, or rescue the princess.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2013, 06:19:56 pm »

I'm impressed by that speech.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2013, 06:29:36 pm »

It is pretty impressive.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2013, 08:35:19 pm »

"You gonna get Mari-owned."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2013, 09:41:00 pm »

Mind if I note something?

This is hilarious, and makes me really sad I'm stuck on the waitlist.
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2013, 09:57:23 pm »

Holy shit XD Really, I would have picked Dwarmin at the start even if I hadn't really liked his sheet. JUST BECAUSE OF THINGS LIKE THIS.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2013, 10:18:25 pm »

Hahaha, classic dwarmin! Definately has a certain style to it, I'd say. Just gonna make my contribution to bowser bashing in what I imagine Teressa would say in this situation.

Also, for my talk sprite: I would like to have her hair as a darker red (thinking of blood red) and the blonde streaks to be over her forehead instead of down the sides of her head.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2013, 10:19:29 pm »

Teressa was somewhat astounded by her companions, this was a time for ACTION, not legal discussions and debates!
Que "following charges" speech.  ::)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38