Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4171819 times)

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3285 on: February 02, 2016, 09:56:17 am »

GUI for keybindings...doesn't update the Green to show the currently selected keybinding.

jaardichten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: February 02, 2016, 11:33:33 am »

CLA has some changes to punctuation and other symbols used in text (as a compromise between text and graphics - like the '+' in your screenshot), while Myne and Haowan don't have these. As you use the tileset specifically for text, it would be much better to directly use those instead.
Thx CLA, yeah, changed it to Haowan. Also found out, method only works with DFhack turned on.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: February 02, 2016, 01:52:37 pm »

Armok be praised!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: February 02, 2016, 08:41:47 pm »

GUI for keybindings...doesn't update the Green to show the currently selected keybinding.

Gah, I though I'd fixed that - it actually does install whatever you select now, but doesn't show it.  I'll investigate.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: February 03, 2016, 01:12:55 am »

DFHack seems to be working just fine, although I don't really use any of the advanced tools. I'm sure somebody has already asked this, but I can't remember: can you set it up so that it displays tiles when selecting an embark with TWBT enabled? I like the readability that TWBT adds, but I don't like using ASCII when looking at the world map. Side note: while zombies are easier to kill than before, they are still a very credible threat to a young fort. I lost my first place after a necromancer showed up with about twenty minions in winter of year one.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: February 03, 2016, 01:17:04 am »

can you set it up so that it displays tiles when selecting an embark with TWBT enabled? I like the readability that TWBT adds, but I don't like using ASCII when looking at the world map.

Only by setting your FONT tileset to the same as GRAPHICS_FONT, and changing back (inc. restarting DF) before embarking.

Mifki was working on a major TwbT update, but I think getting df-ios to a releasable stage took up most of his free time.  Maybe sometime soon now?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: February 03, 2016, 01:29:54 am »

Thanks for the prompt response. It's good to have a workaround, but here's to hoping on the update.

ColleX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: February 03, 2016, 03:16:38 am »

Hello, thanks for this pack, but I have some font issues, is there a way to fix it? Tried different settings but none seems to help. Notice some weird tiles, uppercase-only letters like Y and G and grey squares.
http://imgur.com/cx1cIni
http://imgur.com/DhPwf7U

rawrcakes

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: February 03, 2016, 07:55:25 am »

Thank you for your continued excellent work, PeridexisErrant.
Niding absolutely detests humans. || twitch.tv/onnings

gasznak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: February 03, 2016, 01:44:29 pm »

Hello, thanks for this pack, but I have some font issues, is there a way to fix it? Tried different settings but none seems to help. Notice some weird tiles, uppercase-only letters like Y and G and grey squares.

Is your Dfhack enabled? :) It's required for Twbt to work.

--------------------

My only issue with current Starter Pack is that no matter which Dfhack options I toggle in PyLNP (workflow, perf tweaks etc.) the .init files aren't changed (dfhack.init, dfhack_PeridexisErrant.init and onMapLoad_PeridexisErrant.init) and therefore those plugins/scripts are being disabled by default when map loads (it changes to green in PyLNP but does not modify .init files). My current workaround is to just modify the .init files on my own. :) Other than that, everything works great.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:46:50 pm by gasznak »

jaardichten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: February 04, 2016, 12:02:55 am »

Thanks for the prompt response. It's good to have a workaround, but here's to hoping on the update.
I hope for this as well, also because I use non square tiles for the font.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: February 04, 2016, 02:22:33 am »

So, short of destroying all plant life on the surface, has anyone found a workaround for dwarves constantly getting stuck up in trees and dying of dehydration like particularly stupid cats?

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: February 04, 2016, 09:39:23 am »

OT:
1. Cut down each tree as needed...Dwarves bounce like kids (a little).
2. Idle hands are the devils playground - put those Dorfs to work cutting stone, or mining out the great hall, or swimming lessons in the magma pools.

Ariachus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: February 04, 2016, 11:48:50 am »

Hey Peridexis, first off I absolutely love the pack and cannot thank you enough for upkeeping it through many many updates. Would there be any chance that you could tweek the copy old data to copy over custom embark profiles? i know the pack already knows how to dynamically enable or disable the specific categories so it could it just sense which hare not the default and create and carry over a new txt file possibly labeled custom embark profiles? Mainly this comes down to i'm lazy because I can recreate profiles pretty quickly but it would be convenient.

ColleX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: February 04, 2016, 03:29:09 pm »

Is your Dfhack enabled? :) It's required for Twbt to work.

It is now, thank you, didn't know about dfhack requirement.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 385