Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4170774 times)

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3135 on: January 05, 2016, 09:16:57 pm »

Enjoy your trip, and safe travels home.

We all know he's secretly doing a DF live action disguised as camping trip so, as an experienced player, he probably loaded a crossbow, quiver and some bolts when packing his things, he will be safe.

Or, is he attempting the one-pick-camping-trip?

Silently digging out his bunker as we speak. Now he just has to knap a few rock mugs to trade with a passing caravan. Priority being an anvil but I doubt the hendersons carry one in the back of their wagon. He will probably have to make due with leather armor and his pick for defense, unless there is obsidian near by. Heres to hoping there is no aquifer and he can find some berries to brew into wine before he sobers up enough to realize he is wearing xxclothingxx. Luckily he can butcher a horse and eat *horse tallow roasts* until the park ranger finds him, accuses him of slaughering trees, insults his stature, and promptly carries him off to the hospital so he can get treatment for his dented right 4th toe. There, unfortunately, no one will do any Feed/Water prisoner tasks and his bed will need to be deconstructed around him. Next thing he knows hes woke up in some meadhall wondering why his toe hurts. Luckily he can exit the meadhall and fast travel home to upload the latest version of the starter pack.

Very funny  :P

Back in town this morning due to a slight flooding incident, so this is more accurate than I might like.

Also had traditional Slovakian "cats eye" biscuits from my cousin, though apparently named for shape instead of ingredients...

Maybe a pack tomorrow, since there's a work meeting I need to make too.  A camping trip with far more interruptions than usual...

PeridexisErrant cancels Sleep: Dangerous terrain.
Damp stone located.

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: January 06, 2016, 11:04:40 am »

We all know he's secretly doing a DF live action disguised as camping trip so, as an experienced player, he probably loaded a crossbow, quiver and some bolts when packing his things, he will be safe.

Silently digging out his bunker as we speak. Now he just has to knap a few rock mugs to trade with a passing caravan. Priority being an anvil but I doubt the hendersons carry one in the back of their wagon. He will probably have to make due with leather armor and his pick for defense, unless there is obsidian near by. Heres to hoping there is no aquifer and he can find some berries to brew into wine before he sobers up enough to realize he is wearing xxclothingxx. Luckily he can butcher a horse and eat *horse tallow roasts* until the park ranger finds him, accuses him of slaughering trees, insults his stature, and promptly carries him off to the hospital so he can get treatment for his dented right 4th toe. There, unfortunately, no one will do any Feed/Water prisoner tasks and his bed will need to be deconstructed around him. Next thing he knows hes woke up in some meadhall wondering why his toe hurts. Luckily he can exit the meadhall and fast travel home to upload the latest version of the starter pack.

Fan-*-tastic            *insert profanity here  (don't know how welcome/tolerated that is on these forums)

So glad I didn't try to do anything like that myself. I would have mangled an excellent opportunity.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:41:20 am by BlackSmokeDMax »

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: January 06, 2016, 11:29:47 pm »

Very funny  :P

Back in town this morning due to a slight flooding incident, so this is more accurate than I might like.

Also had traditional Slovakian "cats eye" biscuits from my cousin, though apparently named for shape instead of ingredients...

Maybe a pack tomorrow, since there's a work meeting I need to make too.  A camping trip with far more interruptions than usual...

PeridexisErrant cancels Sleep: Dangerous terrain.
Damp stone located.

It was inevitable.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: January 06, 2016, 11:36:54 pm »

Fan-*-tastic            *insert profanity here  (don't know how welcome/tolerated that is on these forums)

So glad I didn't try to do anything like that myself. I would have mangled an excellent opportunity.

fuckin'

the trick is to try it first, you'll probably get a warning unless nazi mods; despite the dumb photoshops circulating the internet, toady is not a nazi mod

Kuschelflummi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Nekos Geschichtenkörbchen
« Reply #3139 on: January 07, 2016, 03:05:32 am »

fuckin'

the trick is to try it first, you'll probably get a warning unless nazi mods; despite the dumb photoshops circulating the internet, toady is not a nazi mod
I'm sure, there is a Nazi Mod somewhere for DF :P

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: January 07, 2016, 03:24:02 am »

Considering we are bunch of folks who have no moral problems with dwarven childcare or harvesting merfolk bones, I would guess a bit of foul language occasionally wouldn't raise very many eyebrows. And if it raises, then we're hypocrites.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: January 07, 2016, 05:16:59 am »

Considering we are bunch of folks who have no moral problems with dwarven childcare or harvesting merfolk bones, I would guess a bit of foul language occasionally wouldn't raise very many eyebrows. And if it raises, then we're hypocrites.

Hey! It builds character! They'll be thankful to have the new skills when they're still just teenagers adults and have to work for their ale!
As for the bones? Well, the merfolk certainly don't need them, after all they're dead! Why not put their bones to good use as nice looking pointy spikes in inconvenient places on our clothes. Waste not want not after all!

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: January 07, 2016, 10:28:36 am »

Good to hear. I like a little profanity, just hadn't really noticed any, so didn't want to start off with an f-bomb. Don't really care much for riling up what seems a pretty good community.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: January 07, 2016, 11:34:50 am »

We're not all OK with what happens in the dwarven childcare thread or harvesting merfolk bones.  There's a pretty diverse group of people here.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: January 07, 2016, 11:48:27 am »

Let me pretend for a moment we are all monsters here. Anyway, considering complexity the game I think it is fair to assume we are all old enough to throw few swear words around.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: January 07, 2016, 12:24:32 pm »

Letting aside the empirical fact that we are all monsters at some degree, let me assure you fine gentlemen that this forum is one of the most tolerant towards profanity and foul language I found so far, that's it, within reasonable levels without devolving into endless threads of childish insults.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

jaardichten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: January 07, 2016, 01:12:29 pm »

Small correction. Because I know my beloved, super moral monster all knowing fellow citizens...

And if it raises, then we're hypocrites
germans.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: January 07, 2016, 08:14:14 pm »

Hey, some of us genuinely try to keep our dwarves happy...while simultaneously picking an embark full of hostile wildlife near to as many invaders and forgotten beasts as we can.

Benjamin the Rogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: January 08, 2016, 10:21:21 am »

So I'm having a bit of a problem with the pack and I don't know why. I downloaded the latest one for my nephew onto my mom's laptop and played it some before I left New York this Monday. I used Dwarf Therapist there with no problem. I come home yesterday, download the pack for my PC, and now for some reason instead of seeing numbers I see big or little boxes be they red or black. I don't have an issue with that, I know what they mean. I have an issue with the fact that Dwarf Therapist won't let me assign any labors. If I click on any labors it just selects the dwarf's row without any effect. I can't even see which labors are even active. It just looks like they have no jobs assigned except for hauling oddly enough. If I right click on the names of the dwarves, the "Assign All Labors", "Assign Skilled Labors", and "Clear All Labors" options are greyed out and inaccessible as well.

I looked through the options but nothing I see seems to sort this. I was wondering if anyone might know here.

Ayt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: January 08, 2016, 11:01:40 am »

The Dwarf Therapist included in the latest pack unfortunately isn't compatible with the version of DF included. Download version 35.00 and use that instead.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11420

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 385