Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4170384 times)

Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #2235 on: January 25, 2015, 06:14:41 pm »

It's like you are stalking me... I looked at what version DF was at last night, and then DFhack's, saw they were not in sync.

Get on the computer today and see this on Reddit, no more than 5 hours after looking to see if I could use dfhack with the current version of DF.

Get out of my head!

(And, like, thanks :D)

diegokilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: January 26, 2015, 11:44:02 am »

My game has been crashing a couple or few seasons in. I thought it may have been from me migrating everything from the .23 to the .24, so I re-downloaded the entire starter pack, started a new world and a new game. A few seasons into it again and it's crashing. I'm using soundsense and therapist, I let DFhack run though I haven't really used it for anything, phoebus tileset, no aquifers, no entomb pets, process priority high and seasonal autosave on. Other that this, I've left pretty much everything as the default settings. I'm really not sure if this is a vanilla bug, but I figured I'd start here. I poked around a bit looking for a crashlog. The closest thing I've found is the error log. If that or anything else on my end is needed please let me know. Also if this post belongs somewhere else, please point me in the right direction and I would greatly appreciate it.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: January 26, 2015, 08:26:54 pm »

I'm feeling that a hotfix with the new DFHack may be a good idea.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: January 26, 2015, 09:15:20 pm »

I'm feeling that a hotfix with the new DFHack may be a good idea.

Just got home, so in a couple of hours...  ;)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #2239 on: January 26, 2015, 11:58:50 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_24 r2!  As usual, you can get it here.

Mostly a bugfix release:  DFHack is complete and working well, and I've fixed a formatting issue that broke the DFHack tab in the launcher (along with the dropdowns for links and folders).  A new mirror is available, if little-tested, at http://df.wicked-code.com/

However, I did manage to include some new content too - a 2015 embark profile from CptnDuck's tutorial series, and a very nice new script which improves the 'view item' page.  It can even display ASCII art for items and creatures, so watch that space or lend a hand - Extended Item viewscreen and descriptions - content will be added to the starter pack as comes out.

Strike the Earth!

Changelog:
 - updated DFHack to 40.24-r1; complete release fixes plugin issues
 - added CptnDuck's 2015 embark profile to default set
 - minor fix to hfs-pit.lua
 - updated TwbT to v5.42
 - fixed PyLNP.json; had broken dfhack tab, folders & links lists
 - added script/mod to improve item viewscreens; much more info

MD5:  8643D3A759C67AC9DD13E7EB4B24C2D7
 Donations here.

Corambis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: January 27, 2015, 12:04:12 am »

Thanks so much for maintaining this, and for this last few updates. I'd been holding off on updating the game until this pack was updated. I'd had a crash the last time I played, which might have been DFHack, or just might have been the fire started by a dragon that was running wild through the forest around my fortress, causing all kinds of cave-ins.

A quick question though. Could I just extra this update right on top of R1? Or should it get a fresh install and then copy data over?

Thanks again.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: January 27, 2015, 12:54:36 am »

Fresh install is always prudent.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: January 27, 2015, 01:10:40 am »

Could I just extra this update right on top of R1? Or should it get a fresh install and then copy data over?

I'd go further; you should never extract over another pack.  Instead, extract the new pack to the same folder as the old (so they're 'siblings' in the directory tree) and use the script in the newer pack to copy your data to the new pack.
 Donations here.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: January 27, 2015, 06:26:50 am »

Man... the new location for DFFD improved the download speed by a factor of two million  :)
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Corambis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: January 27, 2015, 08:02:38 am »

Could I just extra this update right on top of R1? Or should it get a fresh install and then copy data over?

I'd go further; you should never extract over another pack.  Instead, extract the new pack to the same folder as the old (so they're 'siblings' in the directory tree) and use the script in the newer pack to copy your data to the new pack.

I was in a hurry to play the game, so I went with the copy option, so I could get in and deal with some messes I had left my dwarves with. When I get a chance, I'll try the clean install. So far this new update is working very well.

OzoneGrif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: January 27, 2015, 03:16:54 pm »

Thanks against for the update :3

I have a question! In this version, when I go to View creature then Thoughts and Preferences, there's an ASCII Art picture of the dwarf.
Sadly, it's quite buggy right now.

Is this from DFHack or from the vanilla game? Can it be disabled ?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: January 27, 2015, 03:53:28 pm »

Yep, that's a new dfhack script - and it's being updated fast, so hopefully it won't be buggy for long.

You can disable it by commenting out the last line in extra_dfhack_init.init ("nb_item_info...").
 Donations here.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: January 27, 2015, 04:09:53 pm »

Never mind
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:30:11 pm by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: January 27, 2015, 08:01:18 pm »

I use the Phoebus graphic set, is there any way to turn off or customize the engraving tilesets? They are super distracting, actually one of the main reasons I don't use the vanilla graphics.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: January 27, 2015, 08:02:56 pm »

It's in the d_init.txt file, called ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED. It's completely independent of graphics and you can turn it off with vanilla graphics. You can also turn it off with d->v.

AKA not a very good reason to not use vanilla graphics, since it's completely unrelated to vanilla graphics :P
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 385