Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4172269 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r4
« Reply #1500 on: October 11, 2014, 05:33:58 pm »

Just installed r4. My livestock and animal assignment lists no longer show genders! Help!  Is there an easy setting for this?
No idea what's happening here, but I think it's probably a dfhack change - the starter pack is running dfhack defaults on this. 
I'm not aware of any zone-related changes. Dusty328, what version of DFHack were you using before? If you were using DFHack 0.34.11-r5, it's possible that that version of this pack included versions of Falconne's plugins (including zone) that weren't merged into the official DFHack repo.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Burakin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 13, 2014, 04:26:14 am »

I like that site zoom has been disconnected from menu text zoom - but i cant figure out how to enlarge my font for the menu's - its just a tad small to keep staring at.

so on the risk of asking a real silly question:

What command can i use to 'zoom' the font size in the menus.
I have searched the forums and have looked at the keybinds file but that didnt help me along.
the 'special zoom' does something unclear - but not text.

the normal [ ] only zooms the map - (although in the main menu of DF it DOES zoom text size]

I am using 40.13 r4
Peridexiserrant keybindings
mayday of phoebus grapics (tried both)

D0rf on

B

edit: for other people having this problem: A workaround is: ESC to main menu and use [ and ] to zoom font size there. It persists when you return to menu.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:28:12 am by Burakin »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 13, 2014, 05:27:13 am »

Not a silly question at all - it's not always clear what component does what.

In this case, text is done by the dfhack addon "Text will be Text".  You can adjust the size of the text tiles with dfhack, by typing "twbt tilesize 8 12"  Those numbers will restore the default size.  I suggest trying "12 18" as an increment that should scale well. 

It's also possible to just use another tileset, but I don't have a suggestion for that.  If you do, just add it to /data/art/ and update the FONT tag in init.txt
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1503 on: October 13, 2014, 05:36:49 am »

As well as setting TWBT_LEGACY, you'll also need to find a tileset that has these symbols to set as FONT - otherwise you'll just have fuzzy and stretched ascii, and even with the required tileset I don't think it's worth it to have large and ill-kerned text.

What? In legacy mode world map will use GRAPHICS_FONT.
And the text, using FONT, will be rescaled from 8x12 to 16x16 and look fuzzy.

Yep, but the words "that has these symbols" above are wrong.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1504 on: October 13, 2014, 05:41:30 am »

In this case, text is done by the dfhack addon "Text will be Text".  You can adjust the size of the text tiles with dfhack, by typing "twbt tilesize 8 12"  Those numbers will restore the default size.  I suggest trying "12 18" as an increment that should scale well. 

No, this command adjust the size of graphics font. Probably I'll add a command to adjust the text size so that you can bind it to a key. In the meanwhile @Burakin found the correct workaround himself.

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: October 14, 2014, 03:49:31 pm »

I'm having a serious issue with this pack: Certain keys activate modded features that conflict with default keybindings, but only sometimes. Other times it works perfectly. So far I've noticed the following.

- Using q on a bed then trying to 'create bedroom' with r will open a weird, blank menu. I have to esc out of it to actually make the bedroom, and it's a pain in the butt when making lots of bedrooms.

- Using s for the quad menu opens a menu that does something I can't recall. I have to esc out to get to the squads menu.

- Pressing m activates a menu that lists the material preferences of dwarves. Pressing esc to exit it does not take me to the military screen, just the default top menu. This makes it impossible to access the military screen so long as the bug is active.

This is driving me crazy. Have I messed something up somewhere? How do I make it stop?
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

*I hope. It could just be lulling me into a false sense of security.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 14, 2014, 03:55:57 pm »

Are you alt tabbing while playing dwarf fortress? Just try it before you alt tab or try it and when it does mess up like you say go back to the main screen where you see the dwarves and can pause/ resume then do w.e and it shouldn't mess up.

Any time you press alt it isn't released by dfhack until it is pressed again (idk) or used to access one of the dfhack menus.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: October 14, 2014, 04:02:38 pm »

Does that problem only occur with DFHack, or can it occur with DF keybindings as well (for example, binding the buildings menu to Alt-M)?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: October 14, 2014, 04:11:20 pm »

Are you alt tabbing while playing dwarf fortress? Just try it before you alt tab or try it and when it does mess up like you say go back to the main screen where you see the dwarves and can pause/ resume then do w.e and it shouldn't mess up.

Any time you press alt it isn't released by dfhack until it is pressed again (idk) or used to access one of the dfhack menus.

I do alt-tab a lot. That sounds like it's it, except for the bit about it releasing alt when you use one of the menus; it'll open up the menus for me multiple times in a row.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:20:53 pm by Pyro627 »
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: October 14, 2014, 05:24:00 pm »

I run into similar problems if I have QuickFort running.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: October 14, 2014, 05:32:09 pm »

Does that problem only occur with DFHack, or can it occur with DF keybindings as well (for example, binding the buildings menu to Alt-M)?

That problem doesn't occur for me anyways I can press alt and alt tab and none of the dfhack menus popup for me on windows 7 64 bit. They work if I hold alt while I press the key they need. (Maybe this is a xp issue? or maybe the issue is fixed and I didn't know that. I've technically never "seen it" with my own eyes, but I do use full screen windowed mode so that could be it but there's no issue when I do press f11 to activate fullscreen and tab)

I can't say what/why you are having those issues pyro I can't duplicate them, it could be something to do with something in r4 (I only have r2/r3 but the dfhack versions are the same) OR possibly your hotkeys, I use Peridexis hotkeys as it allows z layer movement with the mousewheel.

@salithus Hmm could be the problem because those commands use alt + w.e do they not? From what I've seen, I don't have excel so I don't use quickfort. Maybe I do but it's starter edition and very unfriendly to use it with that version.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: October 14, 2014, 05:37:28 pm »

That problem doesn't occur for me anyways I can press alt and alt tab and none of the dfhack menus popup for me on windows 7 64 bit. They work if I hold alt while I press the key they need. (Maybe this is a xp issue? or maybe the issue is fixed and I didn't know that. I've technically never "seen it" with my own eyes, but I do use full screen windowed mode so that could be it but there's no issue when I do press f11 to activate fullscreen and tab)

I can't say what/why you are having those issues pyro I can't duplicate them, it could be something to do with something in r4 (I only have r2/r3 but the dfhack versions are the same) OR possibly your hotkeys, I use Peridexis hotkeys as it allows z layer movement with the mousewheel.

@salithus Hmm could be the problem because those commands use alt + w.e do they not? From what I've seen, I don't have excel so I don't use quickfort. Maybe I do but it's starter edition and very unfriendly to use it with that version.
Yeah, I didn't dig into it because :effort:, but there's definitely something in qf that's intercepting the alt key handling. I quit (or suspend) it and things work fine.

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: October 14, 2014, 05:49:40 pm »

I'm actually running in windowed more, if that helps.

I also don't think I'm running quickfort, but DF hack seems to have some version of it built in. I'll have to try killing the QF process if there is one.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: October 14, 2014, 07:18:52 pm »

DFHack has "digfort", which is basically QF-lite.

The alt-tab issue is fixed the first time you tap 'alt', so it's easy to fix or miss. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1514 on: October 15, 2014, 02:25:26 am »

Quick question, In my latest fort with r4 when I try to follow a dwarf instead of centering the screen it puts the dwarf I am following just off screen to the right. Does anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 385