Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4171184 times)

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_10 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #1080 on: August 31, 2014, 08:56:30 am »

when i zoom using Phoebus set its not zooming the graphics in the main play section of the 3 tabs the text and map overview are scaling just not the playing section of the screen
I'd like it to zoom both and still maintain Twbt. i'm also getting quite a few crashes when i am zooming in and out (while i was testing the zooming), using DF 40_10 Starterpack r3
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:58:05 am by BlueSteelAU »

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 31, 2014, 08:57:55 am »

when i zoom using Phoebus set its not zooming the graphics in the main play section of the 3 tabs the text and map overview are scaling just not the playing section of the screen
I'd like it to zoom both and still maintain Twbt. i'm also getting quite a few crashes when i am zooming in and out (while i was testing the zooming)
You need to update TwbT to 4.49 (SP has 4.48). Instructions are here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138754.msg5621244#msg5621244

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 31, 2014, 09:17:08 am »

adding in the extra keybindings worked , but its still crashing when zooming using mouse wheel using the updated TwbT to 4.49 (r1 folder)

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 31, 2014, 09:18:52 am »

adding in the extra keybindings worked , but its still crashing when zooming using mouse wheel using the updated dll's
hm, not sure there. I'd post in that thread (mifki, who develops TwbT, has been pretty active the last hour)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1084 on: August 31, 2014, 09:22:00 am »

adding in the extra keybindings worked , but its still crashing when zooming using mouse wheel using the updated dll's
hm, not sure there. I'd post in that thread (mifki, who develops TwbT, has been pretty active the last hour)

I can answer here:) Honestly, I almost don't use zoom myself, but of course I'll test it and fix if it will crash for me too.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 31, 2014, 09:23:52 am »

adding in the extra keybindings worked , but its still crashing when zooming using mouse wheel using the updated TwbT to 4.49 (r1 folder)

well being me having initially the problem and now it works like a charm, i added the recommended keybindings (the exact ones, didn't change them) to the dfhack.init at the end of the "generic dwarfmode bindings" section:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i downloaded the files from https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases (just to be clear) and i downloaded "twbt_nextgen-4.49-win.zip". from these archive i copied the three .dll files from the "40.10 r1" folder into DF/hack/plugins and of course overrid the old ones.

now my mousewheel scales the menue font and with shift+p or shift o i can increase / decrease the graphics, no crash for me so far (using the spacefox graphic set).

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 31, 2014, 10:38:30 am »

Question; how do I disable text will be text? It's messing with my font clarity.

Use a non twbt version? The twbt version just adds twbt. Twbt isn't enabled when you aren't using printmode:STANDARD. Which the non twbt versions shouldn't be using anyways. (seems there are non really in this pack, you can just use one from a earlier pack if you have it still. A version 40.09 one is the same)

as always thank you for the quick update of this awesome starter pack :).

i just booted the game up and it seems with spacefox there is a minor glitch with the twbt plugin (i assume):

now when i pressed F12 (which didn't change the font btw, but that might be twbt) it went back to normal, same when i deselected the game window and went back into it. like i said, a small glitch but i have to see if this things pops up again ingame and become an annoyance. from loading up the game till worldgen-menue this only seems to affect spacefox (tested phoebus, ironhand and mayday).

It's not that big of a problem, just some visual glitch (it's not a image in spacefox that I know of, it probably is a image that is being "seen through")... If you alt tab or do anything really it goes away which may or not have been a pain when reporting it. Which I did tell people about back in 40.08 twbts version.. So...

Actually it does show up on pheobus too, you can notice it if you look at the fps counter and it goes away when I alt tab it so I know it is happening. So it is because it's see through on spacefox which doesn't really matter.

I'm a little surprised there's only twbt versions, included in the pack. Though just switching to printmode:2D gets rid of twbt. But some packs aren't made for that, because they also edit the main tileset that non twbters would be using.

DeadlyDodo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 31, 2014, 10:53:59 am »

It seems with the latest Starter Pack, the graphics packs (Ironhand in my case) gets loaded and immediately unloaded, anybody else have the same problem?

[Edit: OK, so TWBT caught me off guard, LOL, I'll leave my original message up for posterities sake (and your enjoyment)]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:05:26 am by DeadlyDodo »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1088 on: August 31, 2014, 10:58:23 am »

Oh, PeridexisErrant, you'll have so much fun now with people discovered twbt for the first time)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 31, 2014, 11:04:11 am »

Ptw
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 31, 2014, 11:10:30 am »

Oh, PeridexisErrant, you'll have so much fun now with people discovered twbt for the first time)
Lol.  ;D

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 31, 2014, 12:58:06 pm »

ok, with my current save after some ingame days i get a constant crash:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

here is my current save-folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i76p53byyfc7m92/region1.rar

i am using the spacefox tileset (the one included in the starter pack) and i updated the pack with the 4.49 twbt update and added two keybindings to dfhack.init...nothing more.

Edit: ok tried phoebus tileset now, getting crash either way :/.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:18:08 pm by Xerberus »

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 31, 2014, 02:17:10 pm »

So, new game on r3, just starting it up, and my DF crashes. It happens consistently when I move the cursor to the left to look over the embark map. And I don't know if it's related but when I go look at what tileset I'm using, it's not the one I chose for it. I get something like "Shizzleclean" or Phoebus with a string of letters after it.

I don't use a mouse for DF, if that helps clarify the problem at all. Just used to using the keyboard for this game.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 31, 2014, 02:23:28 pm »

So, new game on r3, just starting it up, and my DF crashes. It happens consistently when I move the cursor to the left to look over the embark map. And I don't know if it's related but when I go look at what tileset I'm using, it's not the one I chose for it. I get something like "Shizzleclean" or Phoebus with a string of letters after it.

I don't use a mouse for DF, if that helps clarify the problem at all. Just used to using the keyboard for this game.

i can only answer your confusion regarding the tileset. i currently use the spacefox tileset, if you load it for the first time in the browser then it will show you the name as in the list under "currently installed graphics", if you close and restart the DF starter pack launcher then it will show you another name, this is no problem and always happening for me. i am no modder but i think when you select it from the list and load it up then it uses the name from the list to show in the "currently installed graphics", but if you restart the launcher then it uses the main tileset-filename i guess.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 31, 2014, 02:27:33 pm »

i can only answer your confusion regarding the tileset. i currently use the spacefox tileset, if you load it for the first time in the browser then it will show you the name as in the list under "currently installed graphics", if you close and restart the DF starter pack launcher then it will show you another name, this is no problem and always happening for me. i am no modder but i think when you select it from the list and load it up then it uses the name from the list to show in the "currently installed graphics", but if you restart the launcher then it uses the main tileset-filename i guess.
specifically, it's grabbing the FONT value from init.txt
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 385