Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4172048 times)

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile

Running on XP, yes. And this is specific to this pack. I ran the old LNP without issue.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile

What's with this error?

Dwarf Fortress.exe - Entry Piont Not Found
"The procedure entry point QueryFullProcessImageNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll"?
QueryFullProcessImageName was introduced in vista, though it seems extremely unlikely that toady would have dropped XP support without anyone noticing.
Running on XP, yes. And this is specific to this pack. I ran the old LNP without issue.

I've been looking into this for a while now.
QueryFullProcessImageName isn't used explicitly anywhere in the GUI and all related system calls are unchanged from the original release.
From this, I can conclude that it's probably being used implicitly by VB, however the inner workings of the build process for VB are rather opaque so this is proving difficult to track down.
I don't have an XP machine to test/debug/build this on so unless anyone knows a definite fix (as I would be unable to test the result myself), this is not an issue I have the resources to resolve.
If anyone else wants to give it a go the source code can be found here.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile

It only shows when I start the game. It still plays, though, but I'm afraid I might be missing out on some feature.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Pack updated to r51. 

Changelog: 
 - removed a lot of stuff that was cluttering up the Dwarf Fortress folder...
 - everything under LNP/extras was copied over; now renamed to LNP/useful
 - I upgraded the legends exports processor so it now works entirely from a folder in LNP/utilities; deleted all related files from the DF folder and set it up as a utility.  This is release v3.0
 - keybinding for dfstatus changed from ctrl-I to ctrl-shift-I, to avoid conflict with default for 'gui/workflow status'
 - upgraded script log-region, so it won't throw an error if you load legends or adventure mode
 - added dfhack.init call "tweak patrol-duty" (military training does not give unhappy thoughts)
 - fixed spelling in exportmaps
 - new script "exportlegends", bound to shift-A.  Exports the map/gen info, the legends XML, and all the detailed maps.
 - removed script "processlegends", as it was always dodgy and now broken

It looks like a lot of changes, but it's basically a lot of script fixes for dfhack, and a big upgrade for legends mode exports.  Now, just run "exportlegends" from dfhack and then use "__Process Legends Exports" in the LNP utilities list.  All exported and processed, ready for Legends Viewer!

I've also seen a few reports of odd tiles messing up names in newly generated worlds - if anyone can reliably replicate this or work out what's happening, please let me know!  (looks like this)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

achaeriosis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I can confirm the text jumbling issue. I generated 2 worlds and it happened in both, using r50. Changing texture packs does not solve it.

Slive

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I replied to this in another forum, but regarding the text-jumbling issue:

I recently downloaded this gentleman's save file -- http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/213ckj/how_do_you_handle_migrants/, as he was looking for advice.  When I opened it, many of the symbols were "wrong."

Screenshots are here: notice the walls. http://imgur.com/aC1hqkl,bHk5x9H,xskltjn

* Yellow Ä - Sandy Clay Wall

* Red â - Rough-hewn Cinnabar Wall

* White å - Rough-hewn Quartzite Wall

Now, I'm not sure if TehFrederick (the author of that thread) uses a texture pack, but that may be where the mixup is coming from.

I use the [12x8] ASCII Default 0.34.11 textures.  In worlds that I've created (which start with ASCII graphics), the walls are of the usual ÷, ▓, ▒, ░ variety.  I still get the jumbled names, though.

Many of the "jumbled" symbols are used in walls; similarly, they appear in names where characters with umlauts or accents would normally occur.

I'm pretty sure there's something wonky going on in the translation between texture packs and characters with accents, substituting wall textures like ╕ or ╝ to get thrown in where accented characters should be.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

This happens when you use raw folder of a texture pack (like phoebeus) instead of the ascii raw folder, because the tile mappings are different. Easy to fix, just copy the correct object folder to /data/save/regionx/raw, or even better use the GUI to update the save games. You should do it every time when you "install" a new save game that you download.

I've also seen a few reports of odd tiles messing up names in newly generated worlds - if anyone can reliably replicate this or work out what's happening, please let me know!  (looks like this)
I'm pretty sure there's something wonky going on in the translation between texture packs and characters with accents, substituting wall textures like ╕ or ╝ to get thrown in where accented characters should be.
This however I have no clue about. Never seen it besides these reports.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 09:27:13 am by fricy »

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's with this error?

Dwarf Fortress.exe - Entry Piont Not Found
"The procedure entry point QueryFullProcessImageNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll"?
QueryFullProcessImageName was introduced in vista, though it seems extremely unlikely that toady would have dropped XP support without anyone noticing.

I've been looking into this for a while now.
QueryFullProcessImageName isn't used explicitly anywhere in the GUI and all related system calls are unchanged from the original release.
From this, I can conclude that it's probably being used implicitly by VB, however the inner workings of the build process for VB are rather opaque so this is proving difficult to track down.
I don't have an XP machine to test/debug/build this on so unless anyone knows a definite fix (as I would be unable to test the result myself), this is not an issue I have the resources to resolve.
If anyone else wants to give it a go the source code can be found here.
I'm pretty sure this is from dfterm3. It says in the thread that it doesn't work in XP. I've gotten the same errors on my XP computer.
Edit: Here's a post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=129995.msg4515762#msg4515762
So you're not missing out on anything except experimental, slightly buggy multiplayer.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:41:05 am by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This happens when you use raw folder of a texture pack (like phoebeus) instead of the ascii raw folder, because the tile mappings are different. Easy to fix, just copy the correct object folder to /data/save/regionx/raw, or even better use the GUI to update the save games. You should do it every time when you "install" a new save game that you download.

This however I have no clue about. Never seen it besides these reports.
The names might be something to do with the encoding in the language files
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Slive

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Been trying to reliably recreate the jumbled text bug.  It seems to be linked to changing texture packs, though there could be some other factor.  From a fresh download each time (deleting the folder and re-copying from zip):

METHOD (FROM FRESH COPY):

1 - Change Texture Pack to _____________.
1(a) - YES to update save games (though there are none)
1(b) - True Type Fonts may automatically update to NO.  If it does, leave it at NO.  If it doesn't, leave it at YES.

2 - Create new world and embark.

RESULT (three runs for each texture pack):

[12x12] Jolly Bastion 34.10v5 - NOT BUGGED
[12x8] ASCII Default 0.34.11 - BUGGED - (TTF automatically changes to NO)
[16x16] ASCII Square 0.34.11 - BUGGED - (TTF does not automatically change and remains YES)
[16x16] CLA v15 - NOT BUGGED
[16x16] Ironhand 0.73.4 - BUGGED - (TTF does not automatically change and remains YES)
[16x16] Mayday 0.34.11 - BUGGED - (TTF does not automatically change and remains YES)
[16x16] Obsidian 0.8a - NOT BUGGED
[16x16] Phoebus 34.11v05 - NOT BUGGED
[16x16] Spacefox 34.11v1.0 - NOT BUGGED

*note: Phoebus pack WAS changed, despite being default.

EDIT:

Looking through the raws of each texture pack, the language_DWARF.txt files are different between the packs that are bugged and the packs that aren't.  The packs that use the same language as the default Dwarf Fortress language_DWARF.txt are the ones that are bugged.  In-game, the default phrases use characters with accents (umlauts, etc.).

Various words in each file:

Bugged (original DF):
[T_WORD:APPLE:bem•ng]
[T_WORD:BEE:agˆk]
[T_WORD:CAKE:c”s]

Non-Bugged (other texture packs):
[T_WORD:APPLE:bemong]
[T_WORD:BEE:agek]
[T_WORD:CAKE:cos]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:28:32 pm by Slive »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Woah, lots of good feedback coming in here!

It looks like the "QueryFullProcessImageNameW" error is being caused by dfterm3 on Windows XP.  I'll switch to having it disabled by default in dfhack.init, and try to edit the installation script so that it displays an XP error message instead of installing/launching dfterm.  If this affects you, I strongly advise moving to a newer operating system by April 8; there are very large security concerns about exploits being saved for the end-of-support.

I think the graphics issue is being caused by the update to v18.2 of the GUI (in r50), and seems to take the form of improper handling of the raw/objects folder; I've asked the relevant people if they can see what's happening.  There are many good and complex reasons that simply editing everything to use the same base would not work, so we're waiting on a fix for the GUI. 
 Donations here.

MintYogi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I noticed the soundsense.lua script isn't being called in dfhack.init. Is that intentional?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Nope, will be fixed in r52.  Thanks!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Pack updated to r52 - important graphics bugfixes and some other tweaks

Changelog: 
 - upgraded the dfterm3 install script to handle XP (on which dfterm3 crashes)
 - commented "start-dfterm3" out in dfhack.init - uncomment or call when you need it
 - added soundsense script to dfhack.init for more useful gamelog info and sounds
 - upgraded to version 18.3 of the LNP GUI - fixes the graphics issue in pack r50, 51; also other bugfixes

Download link.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:29:05 pm by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile

Could you upload the pack on some other host as well, such as Mediafire or DropBox? DFFD is, in my experience, horrendously slow. I've never gotten downloads faster than a hundred kilobytes a second from there.
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 385