Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4171098 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_09 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #960 on: August 21, 2014, 05:26:52 pm »

so is DFHack built into the most recent version of the "starter pack" or do we still need to grab it separately?

It's in 40_08 r3, which is still available via Dropbox and likely the torrent link if you search the thread for that. 

DFHack has not not been released for 40_09, but will be included as soon as it is. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 21, 2014, 11:55:07 pm »

so is DFHack built into the most recent version of the "starter pack" or do we still need to grab it separately?

It's in 40_08 r3, which is still available via Dropbox and likely the torrent link if you search the thread for that. 

DFHack has not not been released for 40_09, but will be included as soon as it is.

was just about to visit the mod forums to see if I needed to manually download various dfhack scripts lol
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 23, 2014, 03:40:35 pm »

Is it still possible to download the starter pack for the 40.08 version?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 23, 2014, 03:46:57 pm »

Is it still possible to download the starter pack for the 40.08 version?
yep, one page back from here

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 24, 2014, 12:00:25 am »

Is Dwarf Therapist being pulled from the "maintained" branch?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 24, 2014, 12:28:50 am »

Is Dwarf Therapist being pulled from the "maintained" branch?
Yep, you can see the exact link in the contents list at the top of this thread.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

boysfromthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • two years in and still a noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 24, 2014, 09:04:29 am »

first time commentor, long time reader of the forum.

First off thank you for your tireless updating of this tool, only just flicked over from a copy a LNP when downloading the new DF.
Was very excited to download 40_09 and was very impressed with the new look, my only problem was the key bindings have changed.... ahhh!!!
After two years of hard slogging getting to know my key bindings and climbing the almost endless learning cliff of this wonderful game i find myself almost throwing my wireless keyboard across the room cause i keep pressing page up to go up a Z level and it not doing what i meant.
I have tryed the other key bindings with no luck and even tried importing the old key bindings from the LNP but i still get exactly the same results.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated cause i am finding the trasition to 40_09 a little hard without the old key bindings
Thanks once again for maintaing the starter pack without you or the creater on the LNP i would never of got into DF and now im hooked for life

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 24, 2014, 09:29:09 am »

The launcher lets you choose which key bindings you want.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:55:47 am by jwhite.df »

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #968 on: August 24, 2014, 09:35:32 am »

This is great. Thanks!

One minor issue:  I'm using the 40_08 starter pack right now, and when I start it, I get a notice that "There is a new version of LNP available!" But that's all I can read of it.

Apparently, there are four boxes below that, but I can't read what any of them say, because the window isn't big enough. I can just see the top of some letters, but no more than that. And I can't seem to enlarge the window, either.

This is no big deal, but I thought I'd mention it. I assume that one of the choices is to update the starter pack, but I can always come here for that. Still, you might want to enlarge that window a bit, in case there's something I need to read. (Even a button to close the window would be nice, though I can do that from the taskbar.)

Thanks again for maintaining this!

Bill

whatnameshouldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 24, 2014, 10:16:35 am »

Here you have a screenie of the update notice so you can feel assured there is nothing important and you also can disable it if you wish so. :)

Options' order is:

Next Run
1 day
3 days
7 days
2 weeks
1 month

This is from 40.06 r1 but I don't think it has changed since.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 10:19:02 am by whatnameshouldi »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 24, 2014, 10:21:08 am »

first time commentor, long time reader of the forum.

First off thank you for your tireless updating of this tool, only just flicked over from a copy a LNP when downloading the new DF.
Was very excited to download 40_09 and was very impressed with the new look, my only problem was the key bindings have changed.... ahhh!!!
After two years of hard slogging getting to know my key bindings and climbing the almost endless learning cliff of this wonderful game i find myself almost throwing my wireless keyboard across the room cause i keep pressing page up to go up a Z level and it not doing what i meant.
I have tryed the other key bindings with no luck and even tried importing the old key bindings from the LNP but i still get exactly the same results.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated cause i am finding the trasition to 40_09 a little hard without the old key bindings
Thanks once again for maintaing the starter pack without you or the creater on the LNP i would never of got into DF and now im hooked for life
"Page up" is not the default to move up a z-level, but you should be able to copy over your old keybindings file (data/init/interface.txt) to your new data/init folder (I recommend making a backup first).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 24, 2014, 04:51:30 pm »

yay, dwarf fortress 40.10 is now released....finally no more horrified-weirdo-scenarios (weremonitor baby killing a dwarf and then being horrified of its corpse).

will the graphic sets be compatible with the new version?

8)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 24, 2014, 05:08:37 pm »

There are no changes in graphic sets most of the changes were in the .exe so it may take even longer for dfhack to come out. I hope I can get my version finished before 0.40.10 is uploaded, Idk it's just treetiles I have to fix I think (then test it to make sure it doesn't look like poop without twbt, well twbt makes the embark textbased mostly). Then a change that will be missed is more overides stuff for twbt. But that isn't something 0.40.10 has anyways.

Mifki fixed a glitch in the twbt version from crashing if the init file didn't have printmode set to STANDARD so that's good for future versions.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:13:38 pm by LeoCean »

Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 24, 2014, 06:11:17 pm »

Can we use the lazy newb version that is up currently(4.09) with 4.10?

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 24, 2014, 06:12:26 pm »

There are no changes in graphic sets most of the changes were in the .exe so it may take even longer for dfhack to come out. I hope I can get my version finished before 0.40.10 is uploaded, Idk it's just treetiles I have to fix I think (then test it to make sure it doesn't look like poop without twbt, well twbt makes the embark textbased mostly). Then a change that will be missed is more overides stuff for twbt. But that isn't something 0.40.10 has anyways.

Mifki fixed a glitch in the twbt version from crashing if the init file didn't have printmode set to STANDARD so that's good for future versions.

nice, can't wait to see your next version :). are you planning to implement some of the new critter / animal / kobold arts from afro? they fit spacefox art-style perfectly i think and he is updating his graphic pack quite quickly.

dfhack being delayed even further cause of the current changes? oh no, i do love the small implementations like search functions, mousequery and the overall GUI implementations. in 40.08 r2 (starter pack) i also loved to use the ingame profession overview & assignment screen and personally prefer the ingame variant over dwarf therapist because it doesn't break the gameflow and for me its easier to read than the smaller vertical oriented profession names in dwarf therapist. i also miss the small overview of the happy / unhappy dwarves in the bottom right corner, i am not really checking every dwarve manually if he is happy / unhappy and until around 50 dwarves i still use the vanilla way to assign professions. for me its faster than switching to dwarf therapist.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 385