Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4171545 times)

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_03 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #675 on: July 15, 2014, 09:58:11 pm »

Something of a milestone to celebrate:  last night, the pack passed 200,000 downloads!  That's just on the main DFFD page, too - it doesn't include the legacy page, dropbox mirror, unofficial mirrors, torrents...  I never imagined that it would come so far.

It's been a lot of fun, and I've learnt a lot in the process of maintaining the pack over the last bit-more-than-a-year.  Here's to the future!  Strike the Earth!
Congrats man!

Once my current project at work settles down (mid Aug) I hope to be less of a complainer and more of a contributor, so start thinking of where I or others can help make things even better-er-ish?

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 16, 2014, 02:48:56 am »

Soundsense doesn't seem to load. Therapist does, but not soundsense.

After quite a LOOONG time of trying to catch this error before it disappeared in a split-second:

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_03 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #677 on: July 16, 2014, 05:39:38 am »

The 40_03 Starter Pack has a small maintenance update - don't feel that you need to get this one.  (If you want to, here).  I'd appreciate any feedback people have on how well (or otherwise) these things work. 

Changelog: 
 - fixed broken soundSense; soundSense.jar had been deleted (oops)
 - made keybinding options for 40.xx; both classic LNP and PeridexisErrant are available.
 - made symlinks relative (good for USB or cloud storage installs)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 06:04:59 am by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Cosmitz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 16, 2014, 10:34:05 am »

LE: Managed to solve my issue with a simple restart. *shrug* Guess my 24/7/365 machine does need a restart here and there.

Anyway, even with that solved, i get something else:
Unhandled exceptin has occurred in your applications. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find a part of the path 'Z:\DF\LNP\utilities\Quickfort 2.04\blueprints\User Blueprints'.

And the detail:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:44:04 pm by Cosmitz »

nshapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 16, 2014, 04:14:03 pm »

@ PeridexisErrant
Where do you get your therapist for the starter pack?  Did you just memory scan to get it updated?

I'm trying to get Therapist 20.4 to work with your memory layout, and no-go.

Is there a therapist fork somewhere that's been updated for 40.x?
<---  This child was trapped and unharmed behind a bridge when the lever shown was pulled.  How did he manage it?  Nobody will ever know.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 16, 2014, 05:25:28 pm »

- fixed broken soundSense; soundSense.jar had been deleted (oops)
Much "oops" indeed, sir. :P
Thanks for that.

Though something odd now. I have two entries for Soundsense in my list. Nothing that breaks functionality, they seem to both do the same thing, so low priority.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 05:27:10 pm by RabblerouserGT »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 16, 2014, 06:19:27 pm »

@Cosmitz - I get this error if I try to open the launcher before running the symlinks script. Did you do that? (I'll also repoint that shortcut at the other end of the link, which might reduce the error)

@nshapter - Everything is linked to source at the top of this thread; captain duck posted it on Reddit.

@rabblerouser - I'm pretty sure there's a batch script that *just* calls the exe, I'll have a look. Didn't want to delete anything again ;)
 Donations here.

Cosmitz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 16, 2014, 06:56:54 pm »

Yes. Ran as admin to be sure. Path is a simple Z:\DF\

Either way, i think this relates just to Quickfort, which i don't particularly use anyway.

cryzed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 17, 2014, 07:25:30 am »

You might want to set the default keybindings to "Vanilla DF", someone I tried to show the game yesterday got already stuck at the preparing screen because the keybindings for increasing skill proficiency didn't match the default ones. (Why would "=" for increasing proficiency be a good choice?).

Also soundSense now exists twice in the utilities tab.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 17, 2014, 09:59:37 am »

Because it's on the same key as the plus sign, and you don't have to press shift on keyboards without a numpad. i.e, laptops.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

carkasjak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 17, 2014, 12:37:31 pm »

You might want to set the default keybindings to "Vanilla DF", someone I tried to show the game yesterday got already stuck at the preparing screen because the keybindings for increasing skill proficiency didn't match the default ones. (Why would "=" for increasing proficiency be a good choice?).

Agreed. I think it'd be a good idea to have the default settings be as close to DF defaults as possible to avoid confusion.

Cosmitz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 17, 2014, 02:03:31 pm »

Yes. Ran as admin to be sure. Path is a simple Z:\DF\

Either way, i think this relates just to Quickfort, which i don't particularly use anyway.

In my hurry to get started i didn't check all the utilities. Apparently none show up, due to the same thing, in my Utilities Tab.  :(

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 17, 2014, 03:36:44 pm »

Because it's on the same key as the plus sign, and you don't have to press shift on keyboards without a numpad. i.e, laptops.

That's true for an English keyboard, but there are plenty of QWERTY layouts for other languages where this isn't the case (e.g. on Scandinavian layouts, = is Shift+0, and + is unshifted).

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 17, 2014, 06:20:41 pm »

In my hurry to get started i didn't check all the utilities. Apparently none show up, due to the same thing, in my Utilities Tab.  :(
Something very strange is happening, as even when I remove that entry in the folders menu it still throws the same error.  Running the symlink script again did fix it though  ???

That's true for an English keyboard, but there are plenty of QWERTY layouts for other languages where this isn't the case (e.g. on Scandinavian layouts, = is Shift+0, and + is unshifted).
Why can't we have standard things? 

The changes are here, and there's a couple of them.  Many are required to sensibly use the mouse plugins which will be available again soon, and others just make (I think) more sense.  Either way, I've had 5-10 people ask me when the current laptop-friendly keybindings would be back. 

It's basically a question of which group of users will have to change the keybindings, and I think I'll leave them as is - since I went a year in 34.11 without complaints.  Most who want vanilla will know to switch, I guess. 
 Donations here.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 17, 2014, 06:43:10 pm »

Spoiler: snip (click to show/hide)

whoops, sorry, didin't know you already made laptop keybinds for the latest release. Agh, things are moving so fast now.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:49:33 pm by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 385