Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4169630 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3960 on: October 08, 2016, 11:42:07 am »

Do we have Dwarf Therapist yet?
Not for 64bit.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: October 08, 2016, 12:03:45 pm »

Or 32-bit. It would be easier to make it work with 32-bit DF than 64-bit, though, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would be easy:
Mainly out of curiosity, I used DFHack for 0.43.05-win32 to generate a therapist.ini file, but Therapist 0.37.0 doesn't seem to like it, complaining that Dwarf Fortress was not running. Given that vectors and strings should look the same as they did before (they both shrunk by 4 bytes, but they shrunk from the end rather than the beginning or middle), I can only assume that there is something else that's looking for (and failing to find) the Visual C++ 2010 runtime.
(That applies to Windows - not sure about the situation with other OSes.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: October 08, 2016, 12:10:10 pm »

Eh, Windows is a niche product, easily ignored in serious development.

At least it would be if I could rerun Earth worldgen with advanced parameters... ;)

My understanding is that the new compiler is a significant barrier, separate from the fact that some memory hacking tools are much much more expensive in 64-bit versions.  We're talking four digit differences in US dollars.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: October 08, 2016, 03:46:50 pm »

Good to see that there's progress, I wonder though if we will se a 64 bit version before Toady's next release?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: October 08, 2016, 09:17:43 pm »

Good to see that there's progress, I wonder though if we will se a 64 bit version before Toady's next release?

Me too!  Really it depends on how many tangents Toady goes down, and how long it takes to finish DFHack for 43.05 (64bit and new compiler).  I certainly hope to get a couple of releases in though, and that DFHack will finish a 43.05 release before moving on!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: October 14, 2016, 01:08:13 pm »

I just wanted to chime in with a thank you for making DF playable for thousands of people. Best of luck with cracking the newest versions of the game.

DAOWAce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: October 15, 2016, 11:03:32 pm »

I'm afraid I'm not understanding the new importer.

I get this message after selecting the old DF folder: WARNING: Can only import content from single basedir.

If I don't select the main DF folder, I get: Import failed. Does not seem to be a DF install directory.

I've tried moving them to the root drive to no avail.

What am I doing wrong? :(   *Windows 7 x64

Edit: Also, it doesn't seem like the clean map command is working.

-command [ multicmd cleanowned X ; clean all ]

It only processes the item confiscation.  On map load, it just shows the clean command as if you typed /?.  On month change, the map cleaning text is nowhere in the log.

Adding the command as its own works just fine.

*I also echo what Melting Sky said above. Thank you and everyone else for offering your time and effort to make this game easily playable by normal people. :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:21:10 pm by DAOWAce »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: October 15, 2016, 11:52:49 pm »

You are selecting the right folder. It's not working for me either, which is strange because it was working for me when I was running from source. And the importer code hasn't changed any since then.

I was reading stackoverflow, and it says that "or" sometimes doesn't do anything. Maybe that's the trouble here. Here's the relevant lines of code from the importer py:
Code: [Select]
    if not (os.path.isdir(src_prefix) or os.path.dirname(src_prefix)):
        # parent dir is a real path, even when os.path.commonprefix isn't
        msg = 'Can only import content from single basedir'

I'm wondering if maybe it's only checking that "os.path.isdir(src_prefix)" and completely ignoring the "os.path.dirname(src_prefix)".

That statoverflow question is 3 years old. Maybe this was a bug in an older version of Python that has since been fixed. And maybe the bundled version of Python is out-of-date. This would explain why it might only work properly when running from source, anyway.

Sorry, if this is stupid and doesn't make any sense at all. I'm not a programmer.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: October 16, 2016, 12:04:43 am »

No, that doesn't make sense at all, sorry.

That SO post is not a bug. It's a misunderstanding of what "or" does. ("A" or "B") evaluates to "A", so comparing something to ("A" or "B") is the same as comparing it to "A". This is explained in the first answer too.

On the other hand, the lines you're referring to from PyLNP are perfectly sensible. It's displaying the error message if src_prefix is not a folder and src_prefix doesn't have a directory component. Whether or not that's what it's supposed to do is another matter, but I haven't investigated.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

SpyderVenom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: October 19, 2016, 02:08:48 am »

Where would one sign up to get notifications on when the pack is updated? :D

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: October 19, 2016, 04:09:13 am »

Here, presumably.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: October 19, 2016, 05:59:18 am »

You're able to watch the DFFD download page and get an email sent, but that doesn't work when PE creates a new download page instead of updating the existing one.

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: October 20, 2016, 09:45:01 am »

Will this 64bits upgrade fix the hard hit on fps ?  At least less impact on it ? Or nothing at all?

Kirkegaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: October 20, 2016, 10:48:29 am »

Will this 64bits upgrade fix the hard hit on fps ?  At least less impact on it ? Or nothing at all?

What hard cap?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3974 on: October 21, 2016, 10:23:20 am »

He wrote hard hit. His FPS are low.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 385