Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4170886 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3435 on: March 15, 2016, 03:54:33 pm »

It looks like the issue is that Expwnent performed a couple steps in the wrong order when compiling the Windows build of DFHack, while Mifki's build of TwbT and the other three plugins has the correct version information. It should still work, though, and the warning is harmless in this case since the "g6fd904f" suffix is the same in all cases.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Probe1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: March 16, 2016, 12:40:55 pm »

What's the command for process legends again?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: March 16, 2016, 12:52:10 pm »

What's the command for process legends again?
The question is rather unclear and isn't really in the correct thread.
However, a couple of possible answers:
- open-legends to get DFHack to force DF into legends mode. Save before and kill afterwards, as that can result in save corruptions that hit long afterwards.
- exportlegends info (or all, or other options) to get DFHack to export legends for use by e.g. Legends Viewer.

Probe1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: March 16, 2016, 12:58:25 pm »

Right.

PeridexisErrant wrote a custom command using dfhack to process legends that had been exported.  It converted bmp's to png's and packaged the entire deal in a rar then moved it to an export folder.  I cannot find the right command to execute it and want to know if anyone remembers it, or if it has been removed.

I hope that clears it up.

Edit:
WAIT A MINUTE Now I remember, its part of the launchers GUI now.  I thought the command was still supported.  Problem solved, I'll just use the GUI button.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 01:02:15 pm by Probe1 »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: March 16, 2016, 05:15:35 pm »

It was a batch script not a dfhack command, but you're correct that it's now a button in the launcher.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: March 22, 2016, 05:40:10 pm »

Is anyone else having problems with DFHack causing crashing at worldgen?  I know that was an issue for a while, but I thought it had been fixed.  Having the issue with the new pack, though; Windows throws an error at offloading stage.  ;(
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: March 22, 2016, 05:49:00 pm »

Are you using TwbT? If so, does the crash occur without TwbT?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: March 22, 2016, 07:59:09 pm »

I am using TwbT.  Let me test.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: March 23, 2016, 03:09:00 am »

I suffer frequent crashes during world gen finalization (when the generated world reaches the target date and prepares for your inspection). I'm using DFHack, but not TwbT.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm still on 0.42.05 (wary of the masterworks export bug).
I've just generated a large number of worlds with DFHack disabled, and while it did eventually crash, it took many times longer than when DFHack was enabled (I would probably have had 10 or so crashes with DFHack).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:53:59 am by PatrikLundell »

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: March 23, 2016, 06:07:02 am »

I was able to duplicate the behavior with TwbT disabled.

EDIT: FWIW...

Faulting application name: Dwarf Fortress.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56bba192
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.122, time stamp: 0x56cc16f5
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000dc7a9
Faulting process id: 0x1040
Faulting application start time: 0x01d184f0e2ce59e7
Faulting application path: E:\games\DF42~3.06R\Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06\Dwarf Fortress.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: e2354113-c5ce-4f8f-9730-c3cd23f55129
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 06:40:16 am by Iamblichos »

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: March 23, 2016, 07:22:44 am »

is there a starter pack for linux?
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: March 24, 2016, 06:37:16 am »

Its nice seeing this is still a thing after quite a while.

Ive an issue though: no matter what i set the win/full X/Y values to, i end up with really and i do mean REALLY small text. Zooming the game window proper works still, except for any recentering event becoming broken for some reason, but the interface and dfhack details remain miniscule. Tried looking for the answer someplace else, but search comes up with lke 4-6 year old threads that dont help at all.
Using phoebus if that helps.

`````
..why is there a link to this very thread in the OP??

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: March 24, 2016, 06:54:53 am »

Its nice seeing this is still a thing after quite a while.

Ive an issue though: no matter what i set the win/full X/Y values to, i end up with really and i do mean REALLY small text. Zooming the game window proper works still, except for any recentering event becoming broken for some reason, but the interface and dfhack details remain miniscule. Tried looking for the answer someplace else, but search comes up with lke 4-6 year old threads that dont help at all.
Using phoebus if that helps.

`````
..why is there a link to this very thread in the OP??
I can't really help, but I expect that those who can would want to know which advanced graphics settings you use (Print Mode, TrueType Fonts).
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 385