Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4171108 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3360 on: March 01, 2016, 03:10:26 pm »

The reason for that is that DFHack accesses the memory space used by a running program (it has to, to do its job) which is also how some viruses operate, and so it looks suspicious to the antivirus.
I thought the notice was about PyLNP itself.  This is just skittishness about a new executable.

DFHack should be incredibly suspicious to any AV... it injects a counterfeit DLL and manipulates another process.  Requiring an explicit whitelisting is entirely appropriate (which will happen once enough individual users trust the program).
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: March 01, 2016, 04:12:33 pm »

The reason for that is that DFHack accesses the memory space used by a running program (it has to, to do its job) which is also how some viruses operate, and so it looks suspicious to the antivirus.
That's more like what DT does - DFHack runs in the same process as DF, so any antivirus complaints are more likely due to the fact that DFHack replaces SDL.dll on Windows (as Dirst mentioned).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:06:44 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: March 01, 2016, 04:22:09 pm »

Apparently SDL is the French spelling for DFHack :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: March 02, 2016, 03:58:14 am »

when will we have a 42.06 pack with DT DFHack and other stuff?

When it is out.
thanks!
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: March 02, 2016, 04:24:35 am »

If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: March 02, 2016, 10:24:55 am »

Thanks for doing this.   :)

sivistojko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: March 02, 2016, 12:36:30 pm »

Can somebody help me with color codes for ore, Raw Adamantine ore to be specific.

I'm trying to locate it on the map by using cheat 'reveal', but it is still not good enough for me since there are so many different ore types and unfortunately just hovering mouse over the ore won't tell which one is it except it is vein.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: March 02, 2016, 04:12:36 pm »

Raw adamantine is light blue by default (well, technically light cyan). If you use the "k" cursor on a tile, or click on it if you have the mousequery plugin enabled, you should be able to see the specific type of vein.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: March 02, 2016, 04:56:13 pm »

Also, if you're using reveal, the veins will appear as big black squares on the map unless you use reveal hell, so as to prevent accidentally seeing inside the hollow part of the vein. Reveal hell will autopause the game so you don't accidentally start something you can't finish.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: March 02, 2016, 05:20:27 pm »

Oh, yeah, that too. "reveal hell" will actually prevent you from unpausing until you run "unreveal", but it can still help locate adamantine.

sivistojko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: March 02, 2016, 08:28:44 pm »

Thank you for your replies about the ore colors. I noticed those big black (empty?) patches in the midst of the clear stone and ore veins deep down below. Why is that happening, what does that mean 'seeing inside the ore vein'?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: March 02, 2016, 08:58:57 pm »

The black boxes are adamantine veins which are intentionally not revealed. If those are revealed and you unpause DF, bad things can happen (check out the wiki for further information), so "reveal" skips blocks with adamantine veins by default.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: March 05, 2016, 12:38:06 am »

So, from what I've read, it looks like we've got maybe one more update in .42 before Toady settles down to work on the next major release. Hopefully, that release won't mess up the code our heroes are working on for DFHack, Therapist, etc. and we'll finally have a stable version to work with.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: March 05, 2016, 01:46:28 am »

So, from what I've read, it looks like we've got maybe one more update in .42 before Toady settles down to work on the next major release.
I read it as more like the 40.18 -> 40.19 upgrade; it's a decent chunk but measured in months not years.

Hopefully, that release won't mess up the code our heroes are working on for DFHack, Therapist, etc. and we'll finally have a stable version to work with.
Hahaha, of course it will.  DF doesn't really do stable versions, so the DFHack frontliners really are heroes to provide such an API to the rest of the community!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: March 05, 2016, 03:25:07 am »

So, from what I've read, it looks like we've got maybe one more update in .42 before Toady settles down to work on the next major release. Hopefully, that release won't mess up the code our heroes are working on for DFHack, Therapist, etc. and we'll finally have a stable version to work with.
I suspect the adventurer stuff will be released before the fortress mode workshop/manager clean-up. There's also a 64 bit test DF possibly coming and then maybe a bit more bug fixing probably. Could be wrong of course...
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 385