Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4170383 times)

0rion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_23 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #2205 on: January 22, 2015, 04:00:16 pm »

Anybody know the current state of the 40.24 release for the Starter Pack?

I can't say, but I'm wondering too. The Starter Pack is so great when you don't want to bother with your install.
Keep going guys !

Chaz GELF

• Bay Watcher
  • Neurotic Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: January 22, 2015, 04:12:37 pm »

Probably a couple of days before 0.40.25 comes out. :D Seems to be the pattern with the Starter Pack, not that I mind too much! I just picked it back up again after a while of not playing, and man, there's been a lot of really good changes. I'm actually really happy that the text font is now separate from the tileset, so I don't have to worry about random sprites showing up in place of punctuation.

Thank you to the people who made that possible, it seems like such a small thing but it really boosts my enjoyment of the game and the ability to read what's going on!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: January 22, 2015, 05:12:39 pm »

yeah, it's difficult for me to play and enjoy a pure vanilla game anymore.

Graphics packs, GUI's, and dfhack has spoiled me.  It's nice having the Starter Pack to smooth over the rougher edges of vanilla df.

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: January 22, 2015, 07:12:27 pm »

I just downloaded the new version (r2) of the starter pack. Great work, Perridexis! Awesome that someone took it up after the old one wasn't updated any longer.

The issue that I have with it is this: the Mods tab doesn't show mods like Therapist and Stonesense. I have stuff like plantfixes and Wanderer available but can't find the other ones anywhere...
They were listed in the previous version, so I'm not sure what changed. I tried to find them in the DF folder but also without success. Any idea where I can find especially the therapist?

Btw...I tried "Create Mod from Installed" thinking that they might be installed and just not shown. But it seems like I only created a combination of the ones already in the list. And it seems to be impossible to delete them afterwards. Would be cool to add a delete option.

Thanks again for the great tool!

Chaz GELF

• Bay Watcher
  • Neurotic Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: January 22, 2015, 07:27:31 pm »

You'll find DwarfTherapist, Stonesense and the other handy mods under the "Utilities" tab on the launcher! :D

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: January 22, 2015, 07:51:07 pm »

You'll find DwarfTherapist, Stonesense and the other handy mods under the "Utilities" tab on the launcher! :D
not in my launcher :/
i only have "announcement filter" and "story maker" in there. I'll try to  redownload and see if that fixes it.
I'm using this link btw: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622

EDIT: nvm...i reinstalled and it works fine now :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:54:32 pm by Afghani84 »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: January 22, 2015, 08:10:18 pm »

After a while I wanted to press some other ALT related key in some other menu, I don't remember. I didn't think anything of it just "Ah great that doesn't work either", playing on like the stubborn dwarfs I command.

Well until today when I loaded up the game again, and the answer stared me in the face. Quickfort. Quickfort with its nice tooltip. I closed it, everything was fine.
So QF for some reason intercepts the ALT related keys.

So thats about it, again I hope it helps somebody
...I'll add a warning to the QF tooltip.  In the medium term, DFHack will probably implement all of Quickfort's functions, and then I'll drop it entirely. 

Anybody know the current state of the 40.24 release for the Starter Pack?
Probably a couple of days before 0.40.25 comes out. :D Seems to be the pattern with the Starter Pack, not that I mind too much!
"Coming soon", or "no".  It'll be out shortly after DFHack, once TwbT updates.  I don't know how long that'll take, as there are still a few global variables to track down in memory for Windows - and I leave that magic to the experts.  On the other hand, the next DF version is likely to be a bit longer, since Toady is off working on a big update.

I've been using PyLNP but for some reason goblin invasions ceased to arrive. ...  I would recommend a warning when pop cap is dialed down below 80 (possibly with a reference to the wiki or the variables for the daring users).
I'll pass this along; it's a good idea.

The issue that I have with it is this: the Mods tab doesn't show mods like Therapist and Stonesense. I have stuff like plantfixes and Wanderer available but can't find the other ones anywhere...

Btw...I tried "Create Mod from Installed" thinking that they might be installed and just not shown. But it seems like I only created a combination of the ones already in the list. And it seems to be impossible to delete them afterwards. Would be cool to add a delete option.
Therapist and Stonesense are utilities, not mods - Therapist can be launched from the utilities tab.  Stonesense is built into DFHack, so to launch it type "stonesense" into the console after launching DF.

You can delete mods by deleting the folders (under "LNP/Mods/").  I don't provide a button because making mods unavailable may have unexpected impacts on graphics switching etc. in the new PyLNP.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

necrotic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: January 23, 2015, 12:36:06 pm »

...I'll add a warning to the QF tooltip.  In the medium term, DFHack will probably implement all of Quickfort's functions, and then I'll drop it entirely.

It looks like the digfort script does some of QF's functions already (digging only at this point). Are people looking at replacing digfort with an actual plugin, or just expanding on that one? I may contribute if the script is staying around.

edit: Actually I see there's also fortplan for buildings as a companion. Excellent. Now if I could only figure out why ruby scripts won't run...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:57:42 pm by necrotic »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: January 24, 2015, 07:55:00 am »

There's a sneaky update for those who want to test something:  check the Dropbox mirror in the OP.

In short, the DFHack release is not fully complete:  the search, sort, strangemood, and zone plugins don't work, along with an unknown number of scripts.  This is because not all memory addresses have been found - and the result is that it might be unstable. 

So when I wake up in a few hours to the "your public links have been suspended" message, I'd also like an inbox full of testing reports for Starter Pack 40_24 r1 in this thread.  Can you do it?

Code: [Select]
Changelog:
 - updated links for DFFD hostname migration
 - QF tooltip warns of alt-key interception
 - disabled seedwatch again; this time for good
 - updated DF to v40.24; many bugfixes and probably the last before 40.01
 - updated DFHack to 40.24-r0; some globals missing and reliant plugins will unload
 - added new DT memory layout
 - no graphics updates needed
 - removed all mods due to raw changes and forthcoming merge logic upgrade
 - updated TwbT to v5.41

MD5:  5C39768599867C7F7765B52FE3BE1F3C

If all goes well, it'll become official in 6-12 hours  ;D  If broken, it might be longer.
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: January 24, 2015, 07:58:36 am »

Double post, nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:17:00 am by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

Otto von Bisquick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: January 24, 2015, 11:25:31 am »

After a few months of not playing, I just redownloaded the newest LNP, but I've found that I can't install any graphics packs.

http://i.imgur.com/dLoXKqY.png

It's really frustrating because I can't seem to find anyone else with the problem. And I checked, the tilesets are all in the /data/art folder.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: January 24, 2015, 11:58:25 am »

After a few months of not playing, I just redownloaded the newest LNP, but I've found that I can't install any graphics packs.

http://i.imgur.com/dLoXKqY.png

It's really frustrating because I can't seem to find anyone else with the problem. And I checked, the tilesets are all in the /data/art folder.
Just read the opening post and embark.

gasznak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: January 24, 2015, 12:36:41 pm »

Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Could you guys upload it somewhere else?

EuropeanDorf

• Bay Watcher
  • alchemy too stronk pls nerf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: January 24, 2015, 01:01:23 pm »

Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Could you guys upload it somewhere else?

It doesn't even load for me. The connection gets "reset" in middle of loading, according to Firefox.

Thankfully, not a much of problem to me, I downloaded newest version recently.

Nevermind, now it works fine.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 385