Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4171713 times)

zeb516

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded LNP - a single download with everything (r37)
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2013, 02:34:11 am »

I get a error message every time I try to start dwarf fortress with the pack,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
when I try to use the ironhand graphics pack,
and also when attempting to close the program itself.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2013, 06:14:48 am »

Hmmm, I'll pass those along to the guy who does the LNP program. 

In the meantime: 

Problem #2 can be bypassed by avoiding Ironhand graphics.  I hate proposing that cause as a fix it sucks, but it should work. 

Problems #1 and #3 seem to be related to your init file (Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\data\init\init.txt) - does the issue persist if you try other tilesets?  You could try creating a new text file, copying the contents over, and renaming it to init.txt - this might help if it's a privilege issue.  If nothing helps, the old LNP program still works fine or at a stretch you can try downloading again. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded LNP - a single download with everything (r35)
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2013, 09:15:41 am »

I get the following error message.
Code: [Select]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't find LNP's configuration file!
at nl.dricus.df.config.dao.AppConfigDao.load(AppConfigDao.java:64)
at nl.dricus.df.state.LNP.reloadAppConfig(LNP.java:185)
at nl.dricus.df.state.LNP.<init>(LNP.java:87)
at nl.dricus.df.state.LNP.get(LNP.java:96)
at nl.dricus.df.form.main.MainForm.initComponents(MainForm.java:496)
at nl.dricus.df.form.main.MainForm.<init>(MainForm.java:105)
at nl.dricus.df.LauncherApplication.showMainWindow(LauncherApplication.java:94)
at nl.dricus.df.LauncherApplication.run(LauncherApplication.java:64)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Windows\system32\LNP\lnp.yaml (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
at nl.dricus.df.config.dao.AppConfigDao.getAppConfigFileReader(AppConfigDao.java:88)
at nl.dricus.df.config.dao.AppConfigDao.load(AppConfigDao.java:60)
... 21 more
Just wanted to bump this, as I got no answer back then.
Has this Issue been fixed with r37?
Right now I can use the old launcher, but I guess you would want to know, that the new launcher is broken for some people.

If I read the log correctly the problem is, that it searches in the wrong place - the system path and not the file path
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Windows\system32\LNP\lnp.yaml (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden)

zeb516

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2013, 03:03:19 pm »

Hmmm, I'll pass those along to the guy who does the LNP program. 

In the meantime: 

Problem #2 can be bypassed by avoiding Ironhand graphics.  I hate proposing that cause as a fix it sucks, but it should work. 

Problems #1 and #3 seem to be related to your init file (Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\data\init\init.txt) - does the issue persist if you try other tilesets?  You could try creating a new text file, copying the contents over, and renaming it to init.txt - this might help if it's a privilege issue.  If nothing helps, the old LNP program still works fine or at a stretch you can try downloading again.
I tried making a new text file and putting it in with the instructions you gave me and I get this when I try to open the new one,
Trying to open the old one gives me stuff like [FPS] not found and so on but it allows me to continue,
Trying to start dwarf fortress with just the old one says that access to the path "PeridexisErrant LNP r37\Utilities\Checkedutilitylist.txt" is denied
I tried reinstalling it two times before posting but it still gave error messages so i'm guessing that won't work.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2013, 08:23:43 pm »

SeelenJägerTee - that does look like the problem, but I have no idea how to fix it.   Basically we're just waiting for the guy who does the (new) LNP program to finish semester before anything is going to happen.   

zeb516 - It looks like you have strict security settings on your computer that are stopping programs from reading these files, which is rather unfortunate.  I have no idea how to fix this issue. 
 Donations here.

Espuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2013, 08:21:12 pm »

If I understand correctly, this utility will never mess with the contents of the raws, right? I'm still not sure how the 'copy your old stuff' button works, but if I can just copy over the attached raws (disregarding installing graphics packs, I've got that covered), then they should port fine, right?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2013, 09:21:03 pm »

No, nothing in this will modify the raws - aside from the graphics, which replaces them with a set identical except for graphics tile references. 

The "Copy old stuff" button has exactly the same effect as manually copy-pasting, but takes a little less work.  It does the gamelog, your save folder, soundsense music, quickfort blueprints folder, and so on.  None of this will modify your stuff at all, it is exactly the same as copy-pasting. 
 Donations here.

Espuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2013, 04:28:48 am »

No, nothing in this will modify the raws - aside from the graphics, which replaces them with a set identical except for graphics tile references. 

The "Copy old stuff" button has exactly the same effect as manually copy-pasting, but takes a little less work.  It does the gamelog, your save folder, soundsense music, quickfort blueprints folder, and so on.  None of this will modify your stuff at all, it is exactly the same as copy-pasting.
Thanks! But I think that means I still have to copy-paste my raws in the case of mods. Or are those included in the 'and so on' in you explanation?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2013, 05:56:51 am »

No raws - the so on is at most the config for soundsense (so if you add your own music it still works), the User Generated Content folder if it exists, and "*.dfmap" files, which are the basis of Fortress Overseer. 

Directly from the script, which isn't too hard to read - it will show the stuff preceded by 'echo', and copy where it says copy; robocopy is for folders.  This is the only 'active' portion, there are variations for each source since some supported packs have a different folder structure. 
:PeridexisErrant_LNP_found
ECHO.
ECHO Copying the gamelog ...
COPY "%previous_version%Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\gamelog.txt" "%CD%\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\gamelog.txt"
ECHO.
ECHO Copying the save folders...
ROBOCOPY "%previous_version%Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\data\save" "%CD%\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\data\save" /e /NFL /NDL /NJH /NJS /nc /ns /xo
ECHO.
ECHO Copying user generated content...
ROBOCOPY "%previous_version%User Generated Content" "%CD%\User Generated Content" /e /NFL /NDL /NJH /NJS /nc /ns /xo
ECHO.
ECHO Copying the configuration, music and sound files for soundSense...
ROBOCOPY "%previous_version%LNP\Utilities\soundSense r42\packs" "%CD%\LNP\Utilities\soundSense r42\packs" /e /NFL /NDL /NJH /NJS /nc /ns /xo
COPY "%previous_version%LNP\Utilities\soundSense r42\configuration.xml" "%CD%\LNP\Utilities\soundSense r42\"
ECHO.
ECHO Copying Quickfort blueprints...
ROBOCOPY "%previous_version%\LNP\Utilities\Quickfort 2.04\blueprints" "%CD%\LNP\Utilities\Quickfort 2.04\blueprints" /e /NFL /NDL /NJH /NJS /nc /ns /xo
COPY "%previous_version%\LNP\Utilities\Overseer 0.70.1\*.dfmap" "%CD%\LNP\Utilities\Overseer 0.70.1\"
GOTO end
 Donations here.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2013, 08:05:45 am »

Thank you for putting all these utilities together in one easy to use package!

Accessibility is what allows for all the great DF tools and utilities to benefit mankind.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Spacebat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2013, 03:15:00 am »

I'm not sure where to post this, but I've found a bug with the legends mode data compressor.
When I tried to compress my legends files for region11, the compressor put the compressed data in "region1 legends and data", instead of "region11".

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2013, 06:24:07 am »

About the raw/mod changing: Depending on files it will work or not. Entity and Reactions and Buildings will work perfectly fine, while Inorganics, Plants and Creatures will most likely cause problems, because they will look odd. You also have to install the mod in every set of raws that is installed, otherwise you have your mod for the one installed tileset, and then overwrite it with the unmodded raws for another tileset if you change graphics.

There is one raw change in this, the AQUIFERS, btw, which might have this problem as well. Peridexis, did you ever test if that change carries over? Tileset:Phoebus, turn Aquifers on/off (whatever the non-default setting is), then change tilesets to Ironhand or Obsidian, check again if Aquifers in the raws have the same state?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2013, 07:25:16 am »

Meph - I can see how that could work poorly with the multiple tilesets.  Aquifer changing is I think broken with the new GUI, so I guess there's a reason to keep the old one yet (it did carry over there).  I've got a too many reports and stuff at the moment to dive deep into the hitherto unexplored world of raw modding and exploits; give me until late november or whenever the GUI implements it in a newby-friendly way.  It would be nice if graphics weren't so dependant on the raws...

Spacebat - here is a good place to post stuff for me.  After thinking for a few seconds... what's happening is that the script is counting up and *region1* is the first match for *region11*, which I should have seen coming.  Lucikily it's a simple fix, which I'll also put in the next release. 

Current:          FOR /L %%G IN (1,1,99) do (         

Replace with:     FOR /L %%G IN (999,-1,1) do (

The first is the old code, and counts up (from one, add one each time, until 99) and will trigger the early match for anything above single digit.  The second counts down (from 999, add negative one each time, until one) and won't have this issue.  I added the extra nine because I now feel that I have some idea what I'm doing and that a few more cycles won't even be noticeable.  Thanks for the bug report!

Donations here.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2013, 06:16:06 pm »

Re: ...third (fourth?) party...

Uh...there's no such thing as a fourth party?
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2013, 07:30:09 pm »

Third party manual for a third party utility, where the first third party is not the second third party? 

Spoiler: like this (click to show/hide)

Anyway, there's a reason for the question mark...  But I think it does indicate that the manual is not from the makers of DT, which is what I was trying to convey.  If anyone has suggestions, I always want to hear them. 
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 385