Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4171796 times)

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded LNP - a single download with everything (r35)
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2013, 12:13:11 pm »

I am sorry for asking such a silly question, but how do I zoom in or out with this pack? mousewheel seems to move z-levels now, and I'm really confused

Use [  and  ]

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2013, 12:19:32 pm »

Thank you, works splendidly

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2013, 03:19:53 am »

Wrong place. Please delete it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:26:26 am by Criperum »

Das123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2013, 12:01:53 am »

I'm loving the pack. Very nice work. :) A group of YouTubers are using it as the basis of a collaborative series and it has been great to have so many resources in one spot (I'm Das24680 on YouTube).

One little issue though is having the A key bound in Legends mode. It is a very common letter when filtering so if you forget to work around it the game will spend an amount of time exporting all the map information.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2013, 03:47:16 am »

Hmm. I'll try rebuilding to shift-d in the next version if A is an issue. Alt-x was the default, but was unreliable so I added A; changing that is not a problem.

Wow! I'm always happy to hear that the pack has been useful. Only request - if you point people here, can you also mention which version they've seen? It can get confusing otherwise.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Midas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2013, 06:02:59 am »

Awesome work. Works greatly for me.
But there's a small issue with some broken scripts - removewear, for example.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anyone tried this?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2013, 08:47:15 am »

Try looking through the dfhack thread.

The details of each part of the pack really aren't my thing; with the exception of the text, configuration, and scripts I've written; I generally have no idea how they work.
 Donations here.

Das123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2013, 03:48:21 pm »

Hmm. I'll try rebuilding to shift-d in the next version if A is an issue. Alt-x was the default, but was unreliable so I added A; changing that is not a problem.

Wow! I'm always happy to hear that the pack has been useful. Only request - if you point people here, can you also mention which version they've seen? It can get confusing otherwise.

Thanks. :)

The Playlist is here : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGB6RkFB7ZmPAE8hDbR-A6kvARdPbjfF8

I think we started with r33 and I also think Damo was using r33. By my turn I was using r35. PPCC has just started but I'm not sure what version he is using. Damo and I used the Skyfox tileset you included in it. :)

I'd also made an earlier tutorial based on your pack: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGB6RkFB7ZmOQvuowjoNlPImT9Bd7ch52

StAnonymous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2013, 12:11:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This came up trying to install Spacefox.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2013, 05:56:57 am »

Since I didn't have this issue with the old version of LNP (very early this year, before I took a break), I'm assuming it relates to one of the changes to the dfhack.init keybindings in this iteration.

Has anyone else had the issue with DFhack deciding that when they hit "p" whilst trying to place a weapon stockpile they don't actually want to interact with a stockpile & switching to them to the building query menu (which then objects that you haven't selected a building) instead?

I was able to "fix" it, so far, by disabling all the keybindings in the dfhack.init, but some of them were actually useful, & I'd prefer to know what I really need to disable so I can turn the rest of them back on.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2013, 06:19:31 am »

StAnonymous - thanks, I've passed that along to the guy who builds the LNP utility. 

Das123 - looks very nice!  I've just watched the installation tutorial, and I must say it looks great.  I've also gone and updated the LNP section of the utilities tab again, to include the new OSX and Linux builds, and make it clear which version is which.  It's also obvious in the video that you're downloading r23, which is all I was concerned about - if people are expecting r23 and get r35 without realising that there's the update it could get confusing. 

FYI, this has Phoebus graphics by default, since the start.  I'll suggest to Dricus that an indicator of which graphics pack is installed might be useful...

JAFANZ - this is almost certainly due to the 'copystock' function, though I've never heard of it doing this before.  Just commenting out the line below should work - let me know either way, because if it's a reproducible thing it should also be fixable or I can at least note that it sometimes does this. 
Code: [Select]
#############################
# Context-specific bindings #
#############################

# q->stockpile; p - copy & paste stockpiles
keybinding add Alt-P@dwarfmode/Stockpiles copystock
Just stick a `#` at the start of that last line. 
 Donations here.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2013, 06:27:46 am »

It could have just been the usual case of the Alt key getting stuck if he'd Alt-tabbed out.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2013, 07:42:52 am »

I'm going to be really embarrassed if that does fix it, 'cos I thought I had already tried disabling that one...

I'll be back with a report after I've had a chance to try it a bit (it didn't/doesn't happen all the time, but when it does the most reliable method of overriding it is to quit & reload).

Update: That does appear to have fixed it, at least judging by the last 90m of play (including the usual alt-tabbing & what-not), I really did think I'd already tried disabling that command as it is the obvious candidate. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:24:55 am by JAFANZ »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2013, 02:44:37 pm »

This affects any keybinding with Alt in it. You don't need to restart to fix it, you just have to press the Alt key once and it will go away. It's just an annoying issue with SDL not handling Alt-Tab well.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded LNP - a single download with everything (r37)
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2013, 04:16:00 am »

Well, I screwed up enough that r37 followed r36 by about an hour.  In the process of overhauling the legends processor - and making a lot more flexible - I got the development version and the stable version mixed up and inserted the wrong one -_-

Upside, in the intervening time and subsequent bug fixing I also worked out how to call it from dfhack, so hit ctrl-shift-L in legends after exporting everything ^_^
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 385