Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Rebellion {Suggestion Game}  (Read 1743 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rebellion {Suggestion Game}
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 08:11:24 pm »

I rescind my human vote.  GO KORGOTH!  Because humans aren't actually repressed.  And are more commonly used.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 08:16:11 pm »

great triple stalemate
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 08:25:36 pm »

It still only requires one vote to break.  It's not that bad.  And how about all three?  That would create an interesting dynamic.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 09:11:29 pm »

Ogre
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:24:27 pm by stabbymcstabstab »
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 09:14:25 pm »

Ooh ooh ooh!  I got it!  A ogre-human-kobold bastard child!  It would be perfect AND make everyone happy.

And... Which ogre stabby?  Do you want a 4 way split?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:17:49 pm by griffinpup »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 09:24:04 pm »

why not but really lets go for a Human what better way to take power then pretending to help the opressed
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 09:55:13 pm »

Ya, because the oppressed always love one of the oppressors "helping" them.  There's no way the oppressed would follow a human, much less a formally high class human.  Another race is more fun, and can actually relate to the oppressed.

Also, what rebellion would a human lead? The humans benefiting from the enslaved?  That's likely.(/sarcasm) Another race is a far better candidate.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:23:44 pm by griffinpup »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 04:52:01 am »

Humans who have no jobs thanks to the cheap labour provided by the oppressed races, or humans who are fed up with corrupt upper families sending their young men to die in countless wars, or humans who find that upper families are ruining their lives through preventing the lower classes rise in class. I could go on, but I think you get the message

Besides, the idea of rising to power through a rebellion to "Help the oppressed" has always been something I liked to try since playing StarCraft.
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 08:27:03 am »

I still say that it should be another race.  The only human suggested so far is a former high class citizen, who only cares to take over, and who would hardly change the standing government at all.  Not the best platform when trying to help the oppressed, regardless of what race they are.  The suppressed races would never trust or follow someone human and upper class, while the poor and impoverished humans would be just as wary.  After all, his whole idea for a government is to keep caste a rigid caste system, but him in charge.  You would either have to lie through the whole succession game about your motives, something distasteful, or try to take over the government with a minority.  I prefer having a rebellion with good intentions, or at least not with intentions to keep everything the same.  BORING.  That's why I still vote another race, any other race.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 09:06:36 am »

actually he is a lower class citizen who used his own ingenuity to make himself rich, only to have the higher class crush him underfoot, hence the reason for his rebellion. Plus the public doesn't need to know his true motives, just the ones he presents them. And he does want to change the government, he still wants a king, who rules for life, but the king is elected by the people, and no caste system, since that's what brought him to ruin, did you even read my description?

EDIT: Also I think it would be FUN to try a rebellion where you isolate a part of the oppressed, it presents a nice challenge

EDIT 2: And many rebellions who help the oppressed are often led by people with power, since they are able to provide the resources to sustain a rebellion
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:11:32 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2013, 09:28:42 am »

actually he is a lower class citizen who used his own ingenuity to make himself rich, only to have the higher class crush him underfoot, hence the reason for his rebellion. Plus the public doesn't need to know his true motives, just the ones he presents them. And he does want to change the government, he still wants a king, who rules for life, but the king is elected by the people, and no caste system, since that's what brought him to ruin, did you even read my description?

Name one monarchy, regardless of what type, that doesn't have nobles and some form of a caste system.  What you're proposing, then is a democratic dictatorship, in which you rule after being elected for life.  A good example that comes to mind is Napolean.  Dictatorships don't necessarily involve caste structures.  If you want me to get that out of your post, don't mis-label your system, or describe how your system is unique.  And he would be from minor nobility, if he already had holdings, if I understand the current government structure. And I'm fairly certain I do.  . 

EDIT 2: And many rebellions who help the oppressed are often led by people with power, since they are able to provide the resources to sustain a rebellion
The other ogre person, who made contact with the elves would work because they could supply him.  I do agree that a human would provide a challenging dynamic, but so would receiving help from the elves, and still keeping them far enough away that they can't take over.
You also contradict yourself.  Lower class citizen with power?  Ya right.  The point is that lower class citizens don't have power.

Edit:  Now that we realize your character wants to get rid of ALL nobility, (except himself, of course), no noble, small or otherwise, is likely to follow him.  You'll have to clarify whether he's  a noble or a lower class citizen before I can state an opinion on how he could fund the rebellion.  It would also be nice to know how much power he holds also.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 10:29:05 am by griffinpup »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2013, 09:31:43 am »

How about we Deny's character becuase it looks like he has the most votes.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2013, 09:34:30 am »

I really would prefer another one, such as Garen Strongback.  But it is your choice, stabby.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2013, 08:34:24 pm »

He was a lower class citizen who worked himself to power, after gaining a small holding from his parents, who were also lower class citizens, and then got ground to dust, Also Napoleon was brought into a position of power by an election, but he seized total power through a coup, well known fact, get it right.

And I don't contradict myself, he lost all his power to the upper classes, that was just an argument about how if he did have power he could still be of help. The whole reason he is launching this rebellion is that his chance to gain power fairly was crushed by the upper houses. By the NOBLES

I can understand arguments about which system is better, and I can take complaints and misunderstandings, but do NOT try to twist my own words in your favour.

Also in a world were the humans dominate the world, explain to me how an Ogre manages to get to any power, even in crime, to gain a criminal empire implies that you have money beforehand, and your story claims he had nothing but his younger brother, so how did he start his first business? I don't think he stole that money since he is and ogre, and it would be hard for an ogre in a human dominated world to be inconspicuous, hmm?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:22:44 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2013, 09:00:01 pm »

Well then im going with Korgath because i really like where we can take his story.

Name:  Korgoth
Race: Ogre
Sex: M
Political view: Undecided at the moment.  Anything is better then what the filthy humans have up.
Labor attachment: Crime Lord
Background: Korgoth grew up in the mountains of Falhala.  He was the firstborn son the the war chief, only seven, but destined for greatness.  At least, until the humans came.  Their cursed ships rained fire onto his village, killing the majority of his clan.  The rest were rounded up, forced to work in the mines for what seemed like eternity.  After twelve years of grueling labor and watching the rest of his clan slowly die around him, they were sent off to Metallia Takoa, to build weapons of destruction, used to subjugate more of his diminishing race.  It was shortly after this that Korgoth landed his first kill.
There was a traitorous ogre by the name of Baldash who was paid by the humans to keep peace in Kolgoth's factory.  One day, this soulless barbarian struck Korgoth's younger brother "Mogel" with his cudgel for talking back to him as he stalked through their factory.  The blow knocked him down and shattered his jaw.  Kolgoth immediately grabbed the cylinder of metal he was working on and stabbed it through Baldash's skull.  The factory rose in uproar, not over Baldash's death, but in support and with  Korgoth, slaughtering the factory attendants.  As the imperial's crack troops descended onto the factory, Korgoth escaped with his younger brother, making it into the snakes pit of thieves and cutthroats in the lower slums. He has stumbled into the graces of a female koblod known as Flet who hides he and his brother in the basement of her butchers shop. She has promised her aid in his revolution with all of her small amount of assets.
Inventory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Assets
Treasury

Hey guys had to move Korgath back a little bit in his time line here suggest away.
Pages: 1 [2] 3