Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Steam tradingcards  (Read 6327 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam tradingcards
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2013, 10:28:23 am »

I hate how the drop cap on those doesn't reset.
And I already traded mine away.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2013, 12:09:02 pm »

I have a copy but I cannot find or run it.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2013, 03:22:38 pm »

Got 3 invites, send me a PM if you want one.

/Edit: All gone
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:27:27 pm by highzealot »
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2013, 11:08:12 am »

I've heard you can make your own emoticons on Steam using this.  Is this true at all?

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2013, 11:13:19 am »

got 3 invites if anyone wants.

btw from what games do i get cards? except from dont starve and dota 2

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2013, 11:17:11 am »

How do you get the cards anyway? I played dota 2 for three hours not a single card.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2013, 11:31:25 am »

Hey, I got one of these beta things. It got me to start up steam for the first time in months, so I guess it's doing its job.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2013, 11:35:44 am »

The games where cards dropped are, if I'm not mistaken, HL2, Portal 2, Dota2, TF2 and Don't Starve. As Dota and TF are F2P you have to have bought at least something once in these games in order to see card drops. Finally, cards drop like once every 20-30 mn.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2013, 11:38:59 am »

How do you get the cards anyway? I played dota 2 for three hours not a single card.

Check you dota2 badge from your profile. If it says you have drops remaining then you have just been unlucky, keep playing and they should drop eventually.

If it doesn't then your copy of the game is likely not rated as premium, ie you haven't bought anything through the store for the game prior to the start of the trading cards beta. Purely free to play copies do not receive drops, though if you make a purchase of at least $9 through the store it should upgrade you to premium and give you the base number of drops, +1 for each $9 you spend in the store(note it is currently unclear if spending less than $9 will upgrade you to allow you to get just the base drops). This also applies in the same manner to TF2.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2013, 11:39:28 am »

The games where cards dropped are, if I'm not mistaken, HL2, Portal 2, Dota2, TF2 and Don't Starve. As Dota and TF are F2P you have to have bought at least something once in these games in order to see card drops. Finally, cards drop like once every 20-30 mn.
Counterstrike Global Offensive is also on the list.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2013, 02:22:05 pm »

If it doesn't then your copy of the game is likely not rated as premium, ie you haven't bought anything through the store for the game prior to the start of the trading cards beta. Purely free to play copies do not receive drops, though if you make a purchase of at least $9 through the store it should upgrade you to premium and give you the base number of drops, +1 for each $9 you spend in the store(note it is currently unclear if spending less than $9 will upgrade you to allow you to get just the base drops). This also applies in the same manner to TF2.

Wait, so DOTA2/TF2 item drop rates are directly tied to how much money you've spent on the game? Or is this just for trading cards?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2013, 02:40:31 pm »

Just for the trading cards. Your normal item drops are completely unaffected by how much money you may spend.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2013, 02:44:51 pm »

Okay, cool. If I have the old Orange Box TF2, how much money would it count me as having spent? Just $9?

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2013, 03:06:30 pm »

Okay, cool. If I have the old Orange Box TF2, how much money would it count me as having spent? Just $9?

Yup. If you purchased the game before it went F2P, you're counted as "Premium" which is good for 5 cards.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2013, 11:50:52 am »

I'm try to sell my one invite I didn't use for just enough to get Kerbal Space Program XD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6