Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Frigate Commander  (Read 5559 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Frigate Commander
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2013, 09:22:32 pm »

Take a few of their officers prisoner through for some "proper" punishment for threating our men and ship.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2013, 09:51:41 pm »

"a salvo of missile fire coming your way"
"Spinal Beam is charged and primed"
Begs the question "What is the spread on the spinal beam?"...

But otherwise I would advocate veering towards the missiles, forcing them to follow a predictable curve to follow us, and let the counter-batteries shoot down as many as they can and hope that the shields can cover the rest. Of course, that might cause us to take damage to the engines rather then our, presumably more heavily armoured, forward sections. Alternatively, we could show them our tail and try to get the engines to incinerate the missiles before they detonate...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2013, 10:09:37 pm »

You snap an order to veer the entire ship towards the missiles, and fire at them with the laser turrets to hopefully destroy the missiles. They target themselves decently at the missiles, and fire. In a very rare display, every missile is hit by the lasers, causing absolutely no damage to your ship, as they are all destroyed beforehand. Almost right afterwards, you receive a message from both boarding parties, confirming they have successfully boarded the ship. The boarding pods were able to hit some more hollow hull, allowing them to almost just fall into the hall. The marines were able to get into the ship successfully. The dropship landed in an open hangar close to the bridge with no problems whatsoever.
The marines immediately get to work, and the channel is filled with sounds of pulse lasers, detonations, and yells. Boarding Team alpha lost about 5 soldiers in fighting the enemy soldiers. They seized control of the enemy bridge rather effortlessly.
Boarding Team Beta encountered huge success. With no casualties, they were able to completely eliminate enemy presence on the Merchant Ship. It seems that the enemy was still rounding up the crew when you attacked. No casualties on the Merchant Ship's crew were found, and the Captain will be brought back to the ship. All the soldiers involved have gained much knowledge in this boarding, and as a result, are now regular.
Meanwhile, Engineering has created a report of the hull damage and has sent it to the bridge.

Boarding Team Alpha, with no casualties is back at the ship, dropship intact.
Boarding Team Beta is holding the Corvette until you decide what to do with it. You'll also need to send a dropship to pick them up. It's sort of hard for boarding pods to dislodge themselves and fly back. They also have taken 30 crewmen captive, 2 officers, and no soldiers. Their Captain was killed in the fighting.
The Merchant Ship's Captain will speak with you when ready.

You also consider getting a real point defense system.
Spoiler: Engineering Report (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Missions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Soldiers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Syllarn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tallarn Syrt, Captain (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2013, 10:43:33 pm »

Recieve the communication from the captain. Then take a dropship over to the corvette with some heavy troops and engineers. Scour the corvette for useful equipment and repair its engines until it is capable of returning to a military port under its own power.

I also vote for plans involving stripping it bare and then towing the remains into an asteroid or planet or something.

I also vote for plans that strip it of all the goodies that we most like, then selling it to the merchant...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2013, 10:54:38 pm »

I vote for repairing engines and delivering the corvette to the military and talking to the merchant captain. Then, after all that, we take our prisoner and set up a quick military tribunal according to appropriate regs, try them for piracy, execute them, and shove them out the airlock >:D(though anyone who provides useful info on pirate activity in the area, especially fences and middlemen, get to live the rest of their miserable lives on a penal colony)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2013, 11:27:44 pm »

If we are going to execute them, why not execute them by firing squad, after giving them training weapons and something to hide behind...
Read the First Post!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2013, 04:07:15 am »

Depends on the standard procedure. If it is "deliver them to the authorities", let's do that. If it is "immediate execution", well...
Follow the rules. Note that I have no problem whatsoever with killing them, unless the manual specify the contrary.

And +1 to "towing" the corvette to the nearest military station, talking to the merchand and so on...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2013, 09:28:54 am »

Lets loot the ship of every thing we can use then repair its engines and bring it back to the shipyard for repairs and refitting.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2013, 10:05:53 am »

Seems like there are three basic things that you can do with a ship. Scorched earth: Strip it bear then blow it up. Catch and release: potentially loot it, but give it engines enough to make its way back to your base, or to its base... Brand it: Give it a new coat of paint and change the serial numbers and you have yourself a brand new fleet!
Read the First Post!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2013, 10:22:22 am »

Well brand it sounds the best we could use a ship to protect ours while the spiral beam is recharging

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2013, 10:34:00 am »

I guess, I feel that we need a surplus of parts before we build a fleet. Otherwise our fleet will presumably be under-equipped... But the storage space would be handy and an extra gun on our team wouldn't hurt. But my vote still lies with stripping the thing to bolster our next acquisition. Although, if we kept it around we could pick and choose between this and the next one...
Also consider that we may wish to keep the size of our fleet small. Larger fleets mean more crew and more organising, so you tend to be slower to react and need to spend more time foraging and such...
Read the First Post!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2013, 11:12:44 am »

We just got out of the academy... We need more experience and more experienced crew before doing that.
Catch and release.
Once we have eperienced and trusted officers, we can try to place them as captains of captured ships. It was common practice, back in 18th century (or so I'm told)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Jembot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2013, 10:12:13 pm »

Bump and ptw
You people are insane.
Hello there, we're Bay12! So pleased to meet you!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2013, 12:41:34 am »

Every thing I like dies.... :'(

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2013, 12:49:02 am »

If people actually want this back, I'd probably be able to since I finished my finals a while ago (and was just recently reminded of this.)
I'll try re-acquainting myself with what's happened so far and attempt to start where I left off.

So related to this; do any people feel there were any glaring problems with the forum game before it stopped?

EDIT: And just to let people know, next update will probably be sometime at noon the 11th (today as of editing)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:04:45 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7