Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Furries  (Read 28763 times)

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Furries
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2013, 08:18:42 am »

The furry fetish and the furry fandom are not mutually exclusive parts, but are of the same entity and can be used interchangeably in some situations.

This reminds me of another topic. Many furries exclusively date other furries. Views on this?
Also Solifuge, that was a very clever way of devising a makeshift furry tolerance scale.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 08:22:25 am by Tuck_Lion »
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2013, 08:23:37 am »

Fucking weird.
I don't exclusively date people who role play as a wizard, why would you only date people who role play as an animal? Unless for you it is some sort of sexual fetish..? I don't know, I don't really have any interesting quirks in that regard. Point is, letting one interest consume your entire life to the point where you are only interested in partners that also share that interest isn't healthy, is it?

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2013, 08:27:18 am »

Fucking weird.
I don't exclusively date people who role play as a wizard, why would you only date people who role play as an animal? Unless for you it is some sort of sexual fetish..? I don't know, I don't really have any interesting quirks in that regard. Point is, letting one interest consume your entire life to the point where you are only interested in partners that also share that interest isn't healthy, is it?
Uh, I believe you either were not present for or completely ignored when I had explained how some people identify with furries as a means of expressing their personality, as well as when I had pointed out the relationship between the fandom and the fetish.
And no, nor is it inherently unhealthy, but a significant portion of the fandom was drawn to it specifically due to poor mental health, though I don't believe a significant study has been done to prove this.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 08:30:54 am by Tuck_Lion »
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2013, 09:00:14 am »

Taz, there is a very clearly defined neko (TECHNICALLY they are called kemonomimi) <---> furry spectrum, regardless of the way the two groups divide. Solifuge has even been kind enough to present this to us.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2013, 09:09:24 am »

Taz, there is a very clearly defined neko (TECHNICALLY they are called kemonomimi) <---> furry spectrum, regardless of the way the two groups divide.
But how the hell can you care about this distinction??

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2013, 09:11:31 am »

Taz, there is a very clearly defined neko (TECHNICALLY they are called kemonomimi) <---> furry spectrum, regardless of the way the two groups divide.
Nobody claimed to care. Nobody claimed there was a distinction. Nobody claimed that your presence or post is necessary.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:16:27 am by Tuck_Lion »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2013, 09:23:24 am »

Uh, I believe you either were not present for or completely ignored when I had explained how some people identify with furries as a means of expressing their personality, as well as when I had pointed out the relationship between the fandom and the fetish.
And no, nor is it inherently unhealthy, but a significant portion of the fandom was drawn to it specifically due to poor mental health, though I don't believe a significant study has been done to prove this.
I know, but you asked for opinions on people specifically only dating other furries. Like I said, if it isn't a sexual thing, then it makes about as much sense as only dating people who pretend to be wizards.
Also, I would describe only showing romantic interest exclusively in people who watch Adventure time as not exactly typical.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2013, 09:28:04 am »

Nobody claimed to care. Nobody claimed there was a distinction. Nobody claimed that your presence or post is necessary.
So they're "clearly defined", but there's also no distinction and nobody cares about it?

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2013, 09:29:55 am »

So they're "clearly defined", but there's also no distinction and nobody cares about it?
Spot-on, chap.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2013, 09:43:09 am »

To be fair, Leafsnail, Taz clearly has strong feelings about the distinction too, wanting to distance "Cat Girl" from the concept of "Furry" as much as possible. If I had to guess, it's because there's a lot of baggage built up around the idea of "Attractive Furry Characters" being taboo, yet he finds cat girls cute. Personally, I don't see the difference; it's still part of the "People with Animal Traits" continuum, and part of what I'm trying to quantify here; at what point do these things cease to be "okay" for us, as individuals?

I like artwork of attractive people, and I like artwork of animals. However, when you combine these two things in the same subject, to different degrees, there are points at which "Attractive people with Animal Traits" lose their appeal. I'm not really particular with the general Human-Animal continuum, and find most of those images pretty and/or cute, from people with fox ears and/or tails to bipedal fox-critters. Mostly, I think the emphasis of human secondary sex characteristics in anthropomorphic characters puts me off the most.

Spoiler: C) (click to show/hide)
A pretty piece of artwork with a lot of enjoyable color and texture. My brain is happy.

Spoiler: J) (click to show/hide)
The image still registers as sexy, but my brain (maybe the ego?) wants to separate the curvy bits and and hair and such from the animal parts, and enjoy them separately. But it can't. My brain is confused and no longer happy.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:54:54 am by Solifuge »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2013, 09:45:37 am »

Considering the second place in which I'm most active on internets...

* Haspen watches :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2013, 09:55:39 am »

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh, ehhhhhhhhhh. Sorry but I have to many bad expriences with you guys. Heard to many things to really, "like" you. No hard feelings but yeah. Have a good day though and don't die. Okay?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2013, 10:02:08 am »

Will you at least participate in the Psychological Experiment part? I had to sift through a not insignificant amount of crappy artwork and fox-person smut in order to put that together. I'd like to at least be able to pretend something good came from it. :I

Seriously though, people obviously have strong feelings about this, and as an Anthropologist, this is an interesting point of contention for me. It's hard for me to put my finger on what aspects of the fandom I personally find distasteful and weird, and I'd like to get a handle on it. I also think other folks could benefit from establishing a common perspective there too, seeing if there is a point when we can all agree that it moves outside our comfort zones.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2013, 10:05:09 am »

Allright
A
Medium
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2013, 10:06:57 am »

Soli, if you have to know:

I was okay with first, second set, plus light/medium costuming. The last two were no, mostly because I don't like fursuits :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15