Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Furries  (Read 28787 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Furries
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2013, 11:32:59 pm »

My views on this.
Aaaaand sigpic
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edit: Somebody wanna be really nice to me and gracefully make this an appropriate size? If that is remotely possible.
Height limit for signature images is 80 pixels. It'd look a bit like this:

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2013, 11:35:05 pm »

My views on this.
Aaaaand sigpic
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edit: Somebody wanna be really nice to me and gracefully make this an appropriate size? If that is remotely possible.
Height limit for signature images is 80 pixels. It'd look a bit like this:

Time to pull out the olde pixlr
Also relevant, I see you mentioned Nuzlocke in your sig. I suppose Pokemon is a bit relevant to this topic.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:37:02 pm by Tuck_Lion »
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2013, 11:41:14 pm »

My views on this.

But, see...I actually don't think furry-ism is all that weird. We all had stuffed animals growing up as kids. How many of us confided in teddy bears, or fell asleep hugging them? It's not such a stretch to guess that some people probably get their mental wiring crossed and it becomes a sexual thing.

Part of the community is just so into it they try and insert their own little annoying references into every single thing and make their entire existence about it.

I haven't really run into this with furries. Gays, yes. Trekkies, yes. MLP fans, yes. Furries generlly bring it up once, all tentative as if they expect me to either give them a secret handshake in reponse, or condemn them as heathens. And  when I do neither they don't generally bring it up again. At least, that's been my experience.

they try to explain it as if the only reason you don't care is because you
don't know enough, and if only you knew you would be a furry too!

Well, take them up on the implied offer. Hand me Mila Kunis or Adriana Lima and I'll put on a fursuit. I'm ok with that.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2013, 11:43:57 pm »

Part of the community is just so into it they try and insert their own little annoying references into every single thing and make their entire existence about it.

I haven't really run into this with furries. Gays, yes. Trekkies, yes. MLP fans, yes. Furries generlly bring it up once, all tentative as if they expect me to either give them a secret handshake in reponse, or condemn them as heathens. And  when I do neither they don't generally bring it up again. At least, that's been my experience.

OMQQ dat's soo true ^-^ *licks*
mew ur just so purrfect at explaining things
touch my handpaw
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2013, 11:44:45 pm »

This is one of those threads that has such potential to be entertaining that I really want to post in it. But I don't really have anything to say.

I understand that furries are a thing. I'm not certain I understand why it's a thing. I have read, purely anecdotally, that apparently some people give furries a hard time...but if true, I'm not really convinced it's because they actually care about it one way or another or have any serious objections to it, but rather I suspect that they probably just enjoy trolling furries. If furries would just stop being so embarrassed about it, they'd probably have an easier time.

Well if I remember correctly the subculture is because our own culture are very interested in animals and anthropomorphic animals.

Children Cartoons are absolutely full of them to the extent where they often outnumber ones that use actual humans.

Heck while I am not a furry I absolutely love anthroanimal characters, at least in idea. I'd gladly play a Tigerman or Monkey Man in Dungeons and dragons and never play an Orc or Elf.

The idea of combining animal traits and human ones is something we have done throughout history.

Plus I am kind of an animal lover and am one of the few people who think Cows are cute :D

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2013, 11:45:59 pm »

You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2013, 11:46:51 pm »

Also relevant, I see you mentioned Nuzlocke in your sig. I suppose Pokemon is a bit relevant to this topic.
I don't think it is, but I'm no expert on the subject O_o

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2013, 11:51:39 pm »

I don't think it is, but I'm no expert on the subject O_o
LSS: Most furries casually consider Pokemon as animals in the context of the subject. In fact, one look at Lucario is more than enough to validate this.

Also cows are great.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQyVJpO3IVk
^The title may suggest it's not clean, but it is! I promise!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:53:21 pm by Tuck_Lion »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2013, 11:53:20 pm »

OMQQ dat's soo true  *licks*
touch my handpaw

Wow. I think I'm being flirted with. That's kind of novel. Here you go:

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 11:55:43 pm »

OMQQ dat's soo true  *licks*
touch my handpaw

Wow. I think I'm being flirted with. That's kind of novel. Here you go:

x3
x3
x3

x3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2013, 11:59:02 pm »

My understanding of house cats suggest that them going onto their side is not a good thing generally speaking. It means they are submitting out of aggravation or fear, but it is also the most defensible position a cat can take because it allows them to use their hind claws to rake people and other cats. It is why Declawed cats can often still catch mice.

If there is one thing that does bug me about speaking to furries, being someone who is very interested in animals, is that they will rewrite animal traits because it is "cute" whether or not it actually makes sense for the animal.

Which is fine, but I also see a lot of people being generally rather unpleasant towards their pets because they don't read their body language.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2013, 12:00:20 am »

My understanding of house cats suggest that them going onto their side is not a good thing generally speaking.

If there is one thing that does bug me about speaking to furries, being someone who is very interested in animals, is that they will rewrite animal traits because it is "cute" whether or not it actually makes sense for the animal.

Which is fine, but I also see a lot of people being generally rather unpleasant towards their pets because they don't read their body language.
Poorly bridled mania is on an individual basis.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2013, 12:02:09 am »

correctly the subculture is because our own culture are very interested in animals and anthropomorphic animals.

Children Cartoons are absolutely full of them to the extent where they often outnumber ones that use actual humans.

Related, it's interesting to note that shows like Family Guy can routinely and blatantly depict bestiality, but most people won't interpret it as such because it's animated. Brian (the dog) can have clearly sexual relationships with human girls, but it doesn't generally even occur to people to think of it as unusual.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2013, 12:04:19 am »

correctly the subculture is because our own culture are very interested in animals and anthropomorphic animals.

Related, it's interesting to note that shows like Family Guy can routinely and blatantly depict bestiality, but most people won't interpret it as such because it's animated. Brian (the dog) can have clearly sexual relationships with human girls, but it doesn't generally even occur to people to think of it as unusual.
Brian is human in intellect and therefor it would not be beastiality.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2013, 12:04:52 am »

Are you talking about the people in the show, or in real life? Because I always found it pretty weird.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15