Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Furries  (Read 28732 times)

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress Furries
« on: May 12, 2013, 10:10:17 pm »

If you are a furry who plays Dwarf Fortress, or anybody interested really, go ahead and post here and be chill.

This is more of a survey than anything; I'm curious as to whether or not many furries are actually interested in the game. In my experience, the average fandom member has a playful or unpredictable demeanor, so I would find it unlikely that the attention span median would correlate well with this game's fanbase.

Anyways, I'll go ahead and delete if this thread gets a really insufficient number of posts.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:32:22 pm by Tuck_Lion »
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Furries
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 10:28:13 pm »

anybody interesting really

Please define.  And explain why you've apparently made a "thread for interesting people to chill in."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 10:30:41 pm »

I define myself as interesting.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:32:01 pm »

anybody interesting really

Please define.  And explain why you've apparently made a "thread for interesting people to chill in."

Oh, that's an embarrassing typo. I mean "interested".
This thread obviously does have an intended purpose, if you would allow me to sway you from any accusation that my post is a waste of space.
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 10:32:58 pm »

Also, I'm not chill. I'm hot. Hotter than a firecracker, bow-chicka-wow-wow.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 10:34:08 pm »

Also, I'm not chill. I'm hot. Hotter than a firecracker, bow-chicka-wow-wow.

you can go ahead and step into the magma moat and "keep it warm" for me now, okay?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 10:39:40 pm »

Right-o.

Just need to find a magma safe floatation tube. One of those with a duck on it, preferably.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 10:40:18 pm »

And then, the magma boiled away from the hotness.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 10:42:48 pm »

I think I just got myself infinite updates on the B12 thread for which I would least like infinite updates.

Well, that actually isn't true.  But unfortunately, though I am a big fan of animals, I don't really like them that way.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 10:44:35 pm »

I think I just got myself infinite updates on the B12 thread for which I would least like infinite updates.

Well, that actually isn't true.  But unfortunately, though I am a big fan of animals, I don't really like them that way.

Perhaps you are maybe just a bit under-informed on the subject?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 10:45:15 pm »

What I'm saying is, no matter how many jokes I may make about growing up to be a duck, I don't actually want to be one.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 10:46:57 pm »

What I'm saying is, no matter how many jokes I may make about growing up to be a duck, I don't actually want to be one.

A very tiny part of me was desperately hoping you weren't gonna call me a cat-fucker.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 10:50:44 pm »

My understanding is that furries are generally people who in some way identify with animals, right?  Sexually or not.  Well, I like animals a lot, but not like that.

Eh?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 10:55:24 pm »

Well this thread is off to a great start! To quote a very wise, intelligent and sexy man...
Look, if you are into animal role playing, then ok, what ever. I guess that isn't too far removed from pretending to be a wizard, and I've played D&D, so fair is fair.
But I don't actually call myself a wizard in every day life. I don't self identify as a wizard. I know I don't have magical powers. I know that the only time I am a 'wizard' is while playing a game. If you think you are a wolf just because you want to be a wolf, you should take that up with a psychologist.

So the question remains, that I think Vector was trying to convey, is what direction does this thread take? I guess there is a lot of animation and literature to discus, right? Is that the point? Or are we starting some sort of rights discussion? Where do we go now?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 10:56:48 pm »

Watching this thread. Not a furry myself, but in a lot of web communities I've been a part of (however short-term) I've noticed that they tend to be looked down upon, if not outright threatened with physical violence. I want to see how Bay 12 reacts to the subject.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15