Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Murrawari Republic to attempt reclamation of Australia  (Read 2447 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: Murrawari Republic to attempt reclamation of Australia
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 04:48:29 pm »

Well I'm overjoyed. I always wished Aborigines would do something like this, just to get back at all the injustices that have been meted out to them over the centuries.

Also - it's not a micronation when it's as big as Austria.

Owlbread- and then what? How's it going to be run? Will "tradition" have it's place? They shouldn't be left in a hellhole nobody else wanted, but that doesn't mean you can do whatever you like next.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 04:53:21 pm »

Owlbread- and then what? How's it going to be run? Will "tradition" have it's place? They shouldn't be left in a hellhole nobody else wanted, but that doesn't mean you can do whatever you like next.

If you read the "government" websites you may get a clearer picture:

The Murrawarri Republic will be open for Murrawarri peoples, Non Murrawarri people currently residing within the borders of our ancient lands and others who wish to live in our country.

The Murrawarri Republic will foster the development of the country for the benefit of all its inhabitants; it will be based on spiritual, cultural, freedom, justice and peace as envisaged by our peoples. It will ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex; it will guarantee freedom of culture, religion, conscience, language, and education; it will safeguard our sacred places handed down to us by our creator and our ancestors; and it will be faithful to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations.

From their declaration of independence. Of course, if the UN could reject Azawad and doom it to Islamist domination and war I doubt they'd pay much heed to the Murrawarri. We're probably going to hear a lot of stuff like "respect the structural integrity of Australia" i.e. making sure Australia looks nice on a map.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 04:56:05 pm by Owlbread »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 09:58:18 pm »

structural integrity
Hey, building codes are around for a reason. We don't want a chunk of Australia to snap off and fall into the ocean.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 10:10:38 pm »

structural integrity
Hey, building codes are around for a reason. We don't want a chunk of Australia to snap off and fall into the ocean.
Or fall into... Australia.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 10:10:50 pm »

This is just another case of indigenous Australians being used as an economic ploy, no different from how mining companies treat them, but now it is for creating a tax haven away from the dirty Labor party, with their mining and carbon taxes.

The area marked out does not produce enough to fund the education, health, transport and welfare currently in the area. Nobody will benefit from this with the exception of a select few not dependent on these services.
Pages: 1 [2]