Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stealing Weapons From Prisoners?  (Read 1477 times)

Domicrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stealing Weapons From Prisoners?
« on: May 11, 2013, 07:10:40 pm »

So i've decided to create a DF version of WWE by making an arena for civillians to fight captured prisoners and animals or whatever else will fight back  but i want it to all be done unarmed and to start i want to have someone wrestle some of those goblin hammerman i caughh in that failed siege (they were all killed by my dog army) but i want to disarm them first. How might i go about doing that?

Jalen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stealing Weapons From Prisoners?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 07:44:32 pm »

If I remember correctly, you can strip gobbos of all of their possessions if you mark the cage they are in to be dumped, either by dragging a box or mouse cursor, not by simply marking the cage to be dumped. To keep from dumping the cage as well, you will want to unmark the cage itself.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 08:26:34 pm »

If for some reason you wanted to keep them armored, you can also mass-hide the cages (d -> b -> h) and then dump only the weapons from the stocks screen. Probably more useful for archery practice than a cage match, but those helms and caps may slightly lengthen your average match nonetheless.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 08:28:23 pm »

If I remember correctly, you can strip gobbos of all of their possessions if you mark the cage they are in to be dumped, either by dragging a box or mouse cursor, not by simply marking the cage to be dumped. To keep from dumping the cage as well, you will want to unmark the cage itself.
I think, but I could be wrong, that you have to move the caged prisoners to an animal stockpile, then mass dump(d->b->d) the cages, then unmark just the cages. Alternately, I'm pretty sure you can use the stocks menu to dump individual pieces, which is useful if you want some armored punching bags instead of fleshy punching bags.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 08:31:27 pm »

To be more specific, what you do is:

1) Pause the game.
2) Hit (d), then (b), then (d).  This brings up the dumping box.
3) Go to your stockpiles where you have your gobbo's stored.  Drag the box over the stockpile.
4) Hit (d), then (b), then (c).  Repeat step three.
5) Hit (escape), then (k).
6) Go to each cage and manually unforbid each one with (f).
7) Make sure you have a dumping zone, which you can build by hitting (i), designating an area, and then hitting (g).
8) Unpause the game.  Your dwarves should strip the gobbo's down.

NOTE: This will completely strip the goblins naked.  If you'd rather just take their armor and weapons and leave them clothing, then go to your stockpiles screen and reclaim and dump each individual item that the goblins would be carrying; i.e., copper weapons, iron helms, etc.

Domicrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 08:44:00 pm »

ah thanks guys i got i tworking now... man my fighter lost a thumb and a lung already =(

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 10:56:59 am »

Is there a way to chain up a goblin and fire artillery at him?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 11:02:36 am »

Is there a way to chain up a goblin and fire artillery at him?
yes but you don't need a target to train with siege weapons.(and make that in a new thread)
In a time before time, I had a name.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 11:09:12 am »

Yes.
1. Chain them up
2. Set a properly placed and directed ballista to 'fire at will'
:P

Seriously, prisoners can be chained up without trouble, and they will not disturb dwarfs or attract the hostility of wardogs. You can put them in cells, or behind a fortification (with a ballista or catapult on the other side). One strange thing is that chained prisoners cannot be assigned to another chain or cage, only released, with the obvious consequences. Caged prisoners can be brought to a chain, but apparently only when the cage is 'loose', i.e. not constructed as a building - it seems that taking a non-tame creature out of a built cage counts as 'releasing', so dwarfs will always bring along a fresh cage to re-cage the captive, thereby cancelling the chaining job.

I've never tried ballistaing chained goblins, though. Unsporting and a waste of arrows.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 11:17:35 am »

Yes.
1. Chain them up
2. Set a properly placed and directed ballista to 'fire at will'
let's be specific.

1.1-Put an animal stockpile adjacent to the chain you built before.
1.2-Assign the stockpile to only goblins
1.3-Assign the goblin to the chain(in the chain menu)
1.4-Wait your dwarf chain him.

2.1-built the ballista directed to the chain.
2.1-set it to fire at will

This is useless unless do it with marksdwarves
In a time before time, I had a name.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 11:21:11 am »

So long as they'll shoot at him . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 12:46:03 pm »

Now that it got mentioned, i found it to be a very nice punishment for the human lasher i caught in my last goblin ambush. The fiend had murdered Fath Eaglelashed. Great heroism, lashing the brain out of a one-year-old child that had fallen unconscious from numerous crossbow bolts already. But since he's not a civ member, he's outside of our jurisdiction and killing him would be unconscionable (had he walked into one of the weapon traps, that'd have been another matter, we clearly put up warning signs for those, although we're not quite sure the goblins can read them). I excavated a 3x3 room next to his cell, breached the wall via fortification and put a ballista there. If the fort ever gets the required dwarfpower, i'll put the ballista on 'prepare to fire' permanently.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 02:57:32 pm »

If the fort ever gets the required dwarfpower, i'll put the ballista on 'prepare to fire' permanently.

An honor guard, eternally at the ready in case the Overseer ever decides to execute the prisoner with a "fire at will" order. I like the thought, but why not just shoot him?
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 12:03:31 am »

It's not just about killing him. The punishment must fit the crime.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 12:12:13 am »

It's not just about killing him. The punishment must fit the crime.

What I meant was, why not set the ballista to fire instead of just "prepare to fire." Having a large weapon aimed at you but never actually going off doesn't seem like a fitting punishment for cold-blooded murder, to me. He'd just get used to it after a while.
Pages: [1] 2