Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dealing with a beserk dwarf.  (Read 801 times)

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dealing with a beserk dwarf.
« on: May 11, 2013, 05:56:29 pm »

My Grand master Leatherworker/Bonecarver lost his shit over some art defacement (Leather Armor or Bone bolts were destroyed?), however I managed to lock him in a room before that happened. I had some warning as he would tantrum for a few turns and then calm down repeatedly, and now he's in the danger room with the doors locked (It's not on though). Since he's beserk do I have to worry about him destroying the doors, and if he does can I send the military to go kill him?

His wife a crossbow dorf is also rather unhappy, I've set her to defend a burrow behind a door I will lock but she isn't going there despite having no labors active. Any way to get her to do it? Fixed that.

Now that they are both locked up and I've set coffins for them to be buried in is there any further risk? The only people they know better than "Passing Acquaintance" are each other, and there is no way for them to escape unless they can destroy doors, am I good?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:01:12 pm by C4lv1n »
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with a beserk dwarf.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:26:07 pm »

Nah, berserkers can't destroy doors. All they can do is pull levers and kill people. And if he's in the danger room, you can just use the danger room to take him down without risking your military. As for the wife, she may or may not go insane. She might get over it, especially if she has a great drink in a legendary dining room. Note that she hasn't taken a mood hit because of her husband's death(since he hasn't died yet).

If both dwarves have only passing aquaintances as relations to everyone else, then there should be no further threat of depression resulting from their deaths, assuming they are buried(or at least left to rot in the sun instead of inside) in a timely manner due to miasma.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with a beserk dwarf.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:25:36 pm »

If you keep him locked up, he should just starve to death eventually. If you're worried about him breaking doors (which I don't think is possible, but just in case), you can build a wall in front of the door and he'll be stuck forever. Berserk dwarves also become an enemy of your civilization, so you can send military to kill him without repercussions. Also, if nobody actually witnesses his death, and his body is never found (magma/atmosmasher/what have you), then he will never be reported as "dead", only "missing", and nobody gets a bad thought from his death.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread