Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Favorite combat logs.  (Read 4749 times)

Ionizer

• Bay Watcher
  • Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite combat logs.
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 10:29:09 pm »

I don't have a screen shot, but it went something like this:

The flying (copper bolt) strikes the Kobold Thief in the lower left leg, fracturing the bone!
The Kobold Thief falls down.
The flying (bone bolt) strikes the Kobold Thief in the upper body, (inflicting some incidental, non-lethal but apparently painful damage)!
The Kobold Thief gives into pain!
The Kobold Thief is propelled away by the force the of the blow!
(skidding and whatnot)
The Kobold Thief slams into an obstacle!  (Said obstacle was the surface of a murky pool.)
End combat report.

I love the image it implies.  He got shot and fell down, and then got shot so hard he flew into a stagnant pond and drowned to death.  IIRC, it wasn't even a real military marksdwarf who shot him, he was discovered by a hunting dog and the hunter immediately loosed two bolts at him.

JTTCOTE1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 10:48:24 pm »

This was from my adventurer mode v31.25 character, all legendary in combat skills.

You kick the Woodcutter in the head, shattering the skull and tearing the brain!
The Woodcutter has been struck down!

Nope, not good enough for me.

You punch the Woodcutter in the head, shattering the skull and tearing the brain!

Falcon PUNNNNCHHHHHH. Nah, not good enough for my adventurer.

You scratch the Woodcutter in the head, shattering the skull and tearing the brain!

Hell yes. Scratch him and he dies. Now THAT is a legendary adventurer.

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 10:50:34 pm »

I once had the final living dwarf in an ill fated haunted embarked fort get stomped in the head for 2-3 seasons straight by zombie camels. He was wearing a masterwork steel helmet that their hoofs couldn't penetrate, but it did keep him in a constant state of unconsciousness. I don't know why they didn't try to stomp other parts of his body, makes sense to go for the head though. Eventually they managed to get through and destroy his brain though. It was a horrifically awesome ending to a fort. I'm pretty sure the combat reports got maxed out and reset a couple of times. That was one hell of an armorsmith working in that fort.

I'm wondering why he didn't die of thirst/starvation though. Is there some kind of combat mode that prevents that from happening?

usgreth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 12:42:07 pm »

The Bronze Colossus grabs The Woodworker by the x(giant mole leather robe)x with its right hand!
The Bronze Colossus punches The Woodworker in the right upper arm with its left hand, shattering the bone through the x(giant cave spider silk cloak)x!
The Bronze Colossus punches The Woodworker in the left upper leg with its left hand, shattering the bone through the x(giant cave spider silk cloak)x!
The Woodworker is no longer stunned.
The Bronze Colossus grabs The Woodworker by the x(sheep wool left glove)x with its left upper arm!
The Bronze Colossus punches The Woodworker in the head with its right hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing apart the brain!
The Woodworker is propelled away by the force of the blow!
The Bronze Colossus releases the grip of The Bronze Colossus's left upper arm from The Woodworker's x(sheep wool left glove)x.
The Woodworker slams into an obstacle!

The Bronze Colossus strikes The Stray war Dog in the head with its x(giant mole leather robe)x, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing apart the brain!
The x(giant mole leather robe)x has lodged firmly in the wound!
(just one of many dogs and dwarves he brainsmashed with that robe).
Soo, he grabbed a dorf, punched her twice with the other hand, then punched her so hard he knocked her clean out of her robe, which he then used (like a makeshift glove maybe) to batter many more things to death with

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 01:36:14 pm »

Nice!
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

TheTinCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 10:58:04 pm »

The scene I imagine when I read this, gets me every time
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 04:41:55 am »

You stab The Bogeyman in the upper body from behind with your feather wood long sword, tearing apart the fat and bruising the muscle, shattering the left false ribs and denting the heart!
So close...

This brings up a disturbing question: What the bloodsoaked elvish hells are bogeymen made of that their hearts can be dented? (Yes I know it is just the quirkiness of combat but still).

As for favorite combat log.... Hard to pick a favorite, but one does come to mind although the log itself has been lost to time.
The skeletal moose kicks the dwarf in the head with its right front hoof shattering the skull and tearing the brain through the steel helm!

The skeletal moose kicks the dwarf in the head with its left front hoof shattering the skull and tearing the brain through the steel helm!

The skeletal moose kicks the dwarf in the head with its right rear hoof shattering the skull and tearing the brain through the steel helm!

The skeletal moose kicks the dwarf in the head with its left rear hoof and the severed part sails off in an ark!

I think I lost half the Upright Candy Weapon Retrieval Force to similar attacks, a seeming barrage of instakill head and chest attacks.  Reanimated hooved creatures are freaking dangerous.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 10:42:17 pm »

I neglected to take a picture of it, but I had an adventurer sneak into a cave, round a corner, and encounter the local (a named jaguar), who promptly spotted him. I panicked, because jaguar, and pulled an unaimed attack on it. I scratched it in the head and tore apart the brain.

I like to imagine I reached into its mouth as it tried to bite me and clawed up through the palate.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 11:19:31 pm »

I didn't save the log, but my favorite was when my carpenter/lumberdwarf was attacked by a ghost.  The ghost ripped his left arm off and tossed it away.

The dwarf walked away, felled two trees that had been queued up for him before the attack and then headed for the hospital.  On the way back his wound healed, so once he got to the hospital, he left and started churning out beds.

He must have packed the wound with sawdust on his way back or something.

Now whenever I've got a dwarf in the hospital I yell at them "Etur was able to finish his job before coming back here.  And when he got here, we found that his wound had closed from sheer ruggedness!  He tried packing the wound with handfulls of bark, and his skin was so scared, it closed rather than have the bark rubbed into it.  He's got a beard on his face, his back, and he remaining hand!  Don't whine to me about a lacerated hand!  Go touch Etur's hand-beard and be healed!"

My wife thinks I'm strange.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 11:02:07 am »

...the local (a named jaguar)...
...spotted him...

What, nobody else saw that?!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2013, 09:44:20 pm »

Today, I watched my militia beat up a goblin for 6 pages, until it bled to death. Partway though the fighting, there was something like this:

The Axedwarf bites the Goblin Axeman in the upper rear tooth, severing the upper rear tooth!
The severed part goes flying in an arc!

I still can't figure out how that works.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2013, 10:24:11 pm »

Today, I watched my militia beat up a goblin for 6 pages, until it bled to death. Partway though the fighting, there was something like this:

The Axedwarf bites the Goblin Axeman in the upper rear tooth, severing the upper rear tooth!
The severed part goes flying in an arc!

I still can't figure out how that works.

They were making out and it got a little rough! :o
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 11:37:09 am »

Nothing special, just my first victory against a Minotaur:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2013, 02:42:29 pm »

I like using my caged prisoners for practice, for the militia and such.  My army is all legendary, so I started training a new batch.  I decided the king should get a title while we were at it.  4 kills later, and one to go, I told my king to kill Ozud Tuxugosnun, a Swordsgoblin.  Sibrek began to attack Ozud, and hacked off both his arms.  Ozud, in a fit of rage, bit Sibrek, and flung him around, giving him massive cuts on his left lower arm and his right lower leg.  Sibrek healed at the hospital, and needed a crutch.  Out of pure respect for the goblin's ability to save himself from execution, I left him alive in a cell, where he is to this day, missing both his arms, and a bunch of scars covering his body.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 04:57:00 pm »

I don't have the combat log for it, but during a human siege my fortress champion, the only marksdwarf, got caught facing down an entire squad of crossbowmen by himself. The first few shots caused him to collapse, but not die. The humans continued to rain bolts down on him, as though he were stuck before a firing squad armed with machine guns. Bolt after bolt thunked into him, but he would not die. Eventually, the humans shot him so many times that they RAN OUT OF BOLTS. A miner ran out and charged them, causing the ammo-less humans to scatter, allowing another dwarf to retrieve the injured marksdwarf. The marksdwarf made it to the hospital alive, but basically every body part was shattered and he had six stuck-in bolts. He also had severe lung puncture injuries. Still, this champion marksdwarf had such amazing fortitude that he was able to survive in his hospital bed for several days before he finally suffocated.

Truly a hero.
Pages: 1 [2] 3