Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Favorite combat logs.  (Read 4746 times)

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
Favorite combat logs.
« on: May 11, 2013, 11:30:28 am »

I'll get it started... 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:32:10 am by Porpoisepower »
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite combat logs.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 12:08:57 pm »

Now that's one thoroughly killed Kobold Thief.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

firsal

• Bay Watcher
  • A thin creature prone to great ambition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 07:30:46 am »

Holy shit. The dwarf actually got into the kobold's mouth and tried to take his teeth. Then he locked the kobold's arm and broke it.

That kobold sure had its shit ruined.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 12:40:04 am »

Unfortunately the log is long gone but I had an awesome bookkeeper who when my fortress was invaded by the cavern creatures (shortly after caverns were added) had both arms ripped off in a fight with a giant olm, managed to survive and heal (quite a feat as that was when infection was added but hospitals were extremely buggy to say the least) completely (though without arms he couldn't really do anything) and then eventually went on to fight a giant cave rat in the second wave (months later) by biting it into submission. 

Eventually he drowned when some blind cave ogres released a dam and flooded my fortress.  It was.. An interesting event.

TheTinCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 02:56:36 pm »

I never cared for this particular cat anyway...

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 08:13:47 pm »

I've got a Dwarf that went into battle without his steel breastplate he has his legs hands feet and head protected but he's bare chested, he is a raw recruit and never landed a blow , had a troll own him in a few wrestling moves shattering an elbow and hip, then he woke up in time and got the goblin horde to engage him in a multiple stabity fashon. His chest is their target and every organ in his chest is gouting blood or is broken and torn, I have 34 pages of the goblins having their fun with at least 6 each of heart stabs lung tears and so on and forth. His status is Unconcscious, Exhausted, Winded Extreme Pain and Pale. Unwoulnded is his head, lower body, left hand both upper arms and the right lower arm, left lower leg and left foot.

He has a Troll gouging out his eyes and ripping his face off, upper lip, lower lip, both eyelids, both cheeks, and both eyes while over a dozen goblins stab into the soupy mess that used to be his chest.

While he's getting his heart and lungs pureed I have the crossbow squad odered to take up position behind some fortifications in easy bow range, they can take their time this fellow aparently takes some killing.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 08:16:42 pm »

54 pages and the bow goblins are emptying their quivers into him as well

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 09:19:26 pm »

I remember I once had a dwarf get brutalized and he ended up with a marks/scars/injuries list in grey in his description that was more than half the length of the entire write up.. And he lived and thrived as presumably the ugliest dwarf in the kingdom.

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 10:12:59 pm »

54 pages and the bow goblins are emptying their quivers into him as well
Tell us if he survives. Typically heart stabs don't end well, and him surviving a single one surprises me let alone many...

My favorite was a marksdwarf being ordered to be stationed within 10 tiles of a helmet snake. Instead of firing a single shot (there was plenty of ammo, and there were no marksdwarf glitchyness), a marksdwarf rushes the snake, bites the snake, and furiously shakes his head to shred the snake into pieces. The mental image is simply too much...

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 11:56:46 pm »

The dwarf died , and the report truncated pages cause it was down to 53 pages when he died.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 02:02:43 am »

There was one time in adventure mode where I was going around slaying vampire. I've got a task to kill some human vampire in such and such town, huge kill list. I walk around, finding a guy with tons of sentient bones jewelry and a few civilians sitting around. I accuse him of being a night creature, he is indeed a vampire. I exit dialogue, and wait a turn for him to come closer to me. In that turn, an untrained human bonecarver decides to be the hero. He does this by biting the vampire. In the neck. That human was as dwarven a dwarf as I've ever seen.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 01:18:03 pm »

Not entirely related, but this seems like the best thread for this:

Heresy Edward

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 01:00:34 am »

I have no idea how to post an image so here the gist.

The flying <pine bolt> strikes The Opossum in the teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Exploding teeth are vary funny because in the aftermath there is teeth every where and if you actually get to watch it you will laugh... Probably. One other time I got to watch a Mountain Goat lose all it's teeth from a steel serrated disc. It's teeth literally exploded from it's face they flew every where!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 01:12:52 am »

You stab The Bogeyman in the upper body from behind with your feather wood long sword, tearing apart the fat and bruising the muscle, shattering the left false ribs and denting the heart!
So close...
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 11:39:05 am »

I have no idea how to post an image so here the gist.

The flying <pine bolt> strikes The Opossum in the teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Exploding teeth are vary funny because in the aftermath there is teeth every where and if you actually get to watch it you will laugh... Probably. One other time I got to watch a Mountain Goat lose all it's teeth from a steel serrated disc. It's teeth literally exploded from it's face they flew every where!

have your dorf fort as your active window. hold down alt and press prt scr, you may need to also hold down fn on a laptop. now open ms paint and press ctrl+v bam you now got a picture. save it as a png file
Pages: [1] 2 3