Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My Favorite Diety  (Read 1560 times)

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
My Favorite Diety
« on: May 11, 2013, 11:13:15 am »

Worship time must be fun.

That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

ChuckWeiss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Favorite Diety
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 02:00:35 pm »

Hospitality? Trees!? Melt that god-damned elf-lover down and make a true dwarven deity! One that governs war and vomit!
When he dies for the Mountain, the Mountain will weep not tears, but Blood for the Blood God!

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 03:38:34 pm »

Hospitality? Trees!? Melt that god-damned elf-lover down and make a true dwarven deity! One that governs war and vomit!

Look at it this way - it's the dwarvish god that rules over all things elves hold dear.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 04:01:26 pm »

But Urist, hospitality is a Dwarf right and it is decreed in holy law that only wooden beds shall ever satisfy Dwarven sleeps! You would doom us all to vomitwar!

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 05:30:56 pm »

But Urist, hospitality is a Dwarf right and it is decreed in holy law that only wooden beds shall ever satisfy Dwarven sleeps! You would doom us all to vomitwar!

The stone beds in the Dwemer ruins in Elder Scrolls games always confused me. They could build robots that run properly millennia later, but they can't trade for some goose down or something?
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 08:22:55 pm »

What else would a goddess of fertility and hospitality need?  Wood! (And a nice shower afterwords.)
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 12:47:26 pm »

Dirt dining rooms?  Nature-based religion?  I don't think I like this new generation of dwarves.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 01:18:54 pm »

Dirt dining rooms?  Nature-based religion?  I don't think I like this new generation of dwarves.
What is Dwarf Fortress without nature? A cold, dark hole in the ground bereft of magma.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 09:16:08 pm »

What is Dwarf Fortress without nature? A cold, dark hole in the ground bereft of magma.
Bring the magma up, now you have a warm, light-ish, hole on the ground.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 12:39:28 am »

I once had a deity named Love that had the shape of a creature with tentacles.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 08:04:03 am »

One of my Duchess's kids is a worshipper of Rast, diety of suicide, often depicted as a female dwarf.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 12:13:53 pm »

One of my Duchess's kids is a worshipper of Rast, diety of suicide, often depicted as a female dwarf.
I guess that he's what we call "Emo"...
In a time before time, I had a name.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 02:59:40 pm »

A god-damned god? Interesting.

Also, I think you're forgetting that this is dwarven "hospitality" we're talking about. Dwarves are famed for their "hospitality," often treating visitors to their warm magma spas. They're so "hospitable," in fact, that many people come expecting to only stay for a short visit, but end up staying for the rest of their life!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 03:57:35 pm »

I once had a fort where six of my seven founders worshipped a god of suicide and water or some such...

it did not end well.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 10:17:38 am »

I once had a fort where six of my seven founders worshipped a god of suicide and water or some such...

it did not end well.

In fact it ended in a well! <Groan>
Pages: [1] 2