Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43

Author Topic: Let's Spore: Civilization Stage: The End  (Read 60892 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Civilization Stage: Starting
« Reply #540 on: June 06, 2013, 06:21:41 pm »

I support the Economic path. Really, we don't have any justification for staying Green after the multiple acts of genocide. It's time to nosedive into Blue and get ready for our Red Galactic Crusade.
We didn't exterminate them, we just enslaved them. I think a Gorvask was doodling in the textbook, going by the stick figure. Anyway, as I said earlier, the Green path through Civ is actually far more aggressive than the Blue path.

Green path is waging holy war and forcibly converting other cities to your religion. Seriously.

I still support Blue, though, since it matches our slyness.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 06, 2013, 06:23:40 pm »

We didn't exterminate them, we just enslaved them.
Then where have they gone? Are the slaves all wearing stealth camouflage?
Green path is waging holy war and forcibly converting other cities to your religion. Seriously.
No, see, because it's done in the name of [deity] it's alright and morally just no matter what we do.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 06, 2013, 07:23:16 pm »

No, see, because it's done in the name of [deity] it's alright and morally just no matter what we do.
I could be a diety. I rent myself out for that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 06, 2013, 07:26:13 pm »

I would have guessed it was more of a hobby, but I guess even horrors from beyond the veil of human ignorance need to make a living.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 06, 2013, 07:31:39 pm »

Hobby, rent, same thing really.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 06, 2013, 07:36:03 pm »

What exactly are all the lesser races anyway? We saw their color-coding in tribe stage, but what were they called?
Well, out of the five other tribes, one (the Gorvask) had their names displayed, while the others didn't reveal their names. I've assumed that other Lesser Races were added later, too.

I support the Economic path. Really, we don't have any justification for staying Green after the multiple acts of genocide. It's time to nosedive into Blue and get ready for our Red Galactic Crusade.
Actually, only one or two genocides.
The rest were basically enslaved.

Technically we'll be Shamans even if we kill everyone on the planet with nukes.
In theory. In practice, no nuke access.

I don't think we have any Psi powers. Or the means to create an army of little grey clones.
Tau are n...oh, wrong Ethereals.

Hmm. Might you be interested in adding me to your buddies list? Maybe one of my crazy-ass things will show up during the space stage? :P It's EricBlank on the sporepedia.

I can't play spore right now because I don't have the keycode anymore so I can't install it, but I can still access my account. I've got 138 items I haven't updated since... January 2010... Huh.
Sorry to hear that.
Well, let's see if we can find anything. Who knows--a vehicle of yours might show up before we leave the planet!

The LP fluff is a bit divergent from what's actually happening. But you need to be trying to see the citizens, anyways.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 06, 2013, 07:42:49 pm »

But it's still not friendly in any way. We either kill everyone in the name of [Deity], forcibly convert everyone in the name of [Deity], or buy them out in the name of fun and profit (and possibly [Deity]). The Green path through civ is perfectly justifiable for those who just committed multiple genocides. However, we're not going down that path.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 06, 2013, 07:45:53 pm »

But it's still not friendly in any way. We either kill everyone in the name of [Deity], forcibly convert everyone in the name of [Deity], or buy them out in the name of fun and profit (and possibly [Deity]). The Green path through civ is perfectly justifiable for those who just committed multiple genocides. However, we're not going down that path.
Don't be silly Hugo, showing people the light of [Deity] is a good thing! Sure there might be some resistance along the way, but it's ultimately all in the name of peace and faith. The heathens just don't know what they need, but we'll be good enough to show them Truth.canyoutelliammockingthisideaandthegamedevelopersfornotthinkingitthrough
No Gods, No Masters.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 06, 2013, 08:06:56 pm »

canyoutelliammockingthisideaandthegamedevelopersfornotthinkingitthrough

Not at all! :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Turn Crimson City [19]
« Reply #549 on: June 06, 2013, 11:03:07 pm »

"Inevitably, there were other cities rising up."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Relations with Purple City were excellent."
"More nations were founded."
"The Crimson City offered a primitive version of our modern culture, from the scholar Maerkz Kapetal. Kapetalism was a force that made modern society possible. So Cupcake City made a simple choice: Assimilate the Crimson City as they would villages of Lesser Races. It is a decision that haunts us to this day. All things considered, it was probably best for the Crimsonians."
"For some reason, the leadership of Crimson City did not see it this way."
"Eventually...the inevitable occurred."
"This granted both access to the ocean and to a new philosophy."
"Plans to buy their way into bigger borders were underway. A trade route was shortly proposed with the Purple City, which liked them, and other methods were available to the more militant nations who didn't like them so much..."

-----

What shall we do?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Civilization Stage: Kapetalism Achieved!
« Reply #550 on: June 06, 2013, 11:07:01 pm »

SCRIBBLINGS

I DIDN'T DO IT
NO SERIOUSLY
Sig! Onol

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 06, 2013, 11:08:00 pm »

Generally speaking the economic game is played as such

Armor is the only dump of the economic game as by bribing you can easily avoid combat with even the most hostile of factions. Get rid of all your religious vehicles and build nothing but your economic ones and focus on one city, bribing them until they let you trade, bribing other factions if they are hostile.

Of the three types the economic path is the easiest and fastest, it is more then possible (after a few tries) to complete this stage in less then a hour.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 07, 2013, 12:09:25 am »

Don't scrap all the religious ones yet! If you use them on an epic, it becomes converted.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 07, 2013, 12:56:54 am »

Wait, it will become one of your units? I don't recall that at all!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 07, 2013, 01:12:12 am »

It doesn't become one of your units, it just become passive to your units. Which can save some major expense of rebuilding.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43