Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43

Author Topic: Let's Spore: Civilization Stage: The End  (Read 60933 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Tribe Stage: A Nother Age Dawns
« Reply #390 on: May 26, 2013, 12:26:11 pm »

But shaman peacefulness.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 26, 2013, 12:29:35 pm »

Can we get our ally tribe to join us in our assault? I don't remember. However, I still opt for peace. Shaman is just so useful.

If we do go on offensive, though, I say we ally with lavender but exterminate cyan and pink. It will be doing everyone else a favor, and they look weaker than lavender.

Also yay! 2 creatures of mine showed up :D
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 26, 2013, 01:29:21 pm »

Can we get our ally tribe to join us in our assault?
I don't think so. They don't even help if another tribe attacks and they're standing 10 feet from the brawl.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 27, 2013, 08:36:53 am »

3 Attack vs. 2 Befriend. Luckily, there's five other tribes.

Should we attack three and befriend two, and if so in what order?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 27, 2013, 09:54:11 am »

Attack them in order of how much you hate their authors...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 27, 2013, 12:01:37 pm »

I don't yet know the species of 4 of the 5 tribes, let alone their creators.

And I don't really "hate" anyone.
Sig

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 27, 2013, 12:03:29 pm »

Go for pink, there is no chance to befriend them. Cyan might still be pacified. Lavender is neutral and looks like it's populated by a fairly tough race.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 27, 2013, 01:41:25 pm »

Speaking from experience, a gift followed by a good performance makes Red-Relationship villages not hate you. Just make sure that you don't worsen relations by fighting back when a raiding party strikes.

Kill Pink, fine with everyone?
Sig

Gradiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 27, 2013, 01:52:09 pm »

The thing is that, if we befriend anywhere near as many tribes as we kill, we're going to get a green card for this stage, which, since we've gotten two green cards already, guarantees that we're going to be shamans in the Space Stage. Are people okay with that? If not, then depending on our behavior in the next two stages, it's possible for us to get Zealot (both red), Diplomat (both blue), or Ecologist (One of Each).

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 27, 2013, 01:53:21 pm »

Exterminate the Pink Tribe. Hell, exterminate everything!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn Pinkdead [15]
« Reply #400 on: May 27, 2013, 04:36:55 pm »

((Fun fact: The loading screen informed me that we might encounter Cupcakes.))

-----

Another Journal
We have allied the Gorvask or Brown Tribe. To celebrate, we built a hut full of flaming torches. After the first few fires, we decided to light them after they were distributed.

Our farthest and most hated neighbors are the Pink Village. Hence, we will destroy them. We'll need more people, and for those people to be armed with weapons. Thankfully, three new tribesmen have been born: Wincel, Wyass, and Treya. We brought in one more crop of fruit and then either grabbed torches or set our maracas on fire. (We've got more in the Maracas Hut.)

We started our attack at a good time: We'd just gotten the crop in and ourselves armed, and the enemy was asleep or gone.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Of course, once we launched our attack, more spearmen showed up. Not that that stopped us.
They have their priorities.
I don't know much of what happened next. I awoke in the village. They said they lost one other, and another was near death. They killed every last Pinkie, with the last cursing the Cupcakes. Then, they burnt the hut.
A group of children and a few adults evidently showed up; they were all killed. Reinforcements arrived. Davin was born. A couple badly-wounded folks headed home with some food from the Pink stockpiles. And then I arrived. Only one thing to do: Charge back into the battle and get info from a returning thief.
The Brownies went to our village to babysit Davin and newborn Amasidy and Okahilli, as well as to drop off food. Shame we couldn't have asked them to send a few of their warriors...although I will admit, a warrior armed with a didgeridoo or a cane isn't as threatening as one with a torch. By the time I reached the village, they were already almost dead. There would have been more action staying home and playing with the babies.
Once we finished killing the Pink Tribe again, we went back to destroying its hut. Again. We heard that the Lavender Tribe was attacking, but this was a bad time so we didn't respond. Linatt was born. We FINALLY destroyed the hut.
The men also saw some interesting creatures, as well as a burst of green.
We got some broken spears and scuffed horns, and learned how to make them for themselves. We didn't take the spears and horns themselves, of course, because that would be silly.

-----

What shall we do now?
Sig

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Tribe Stage: Pink Razed
« Reply #401 on: May 27, 2013, 04:49:06 pm »

For tactics, remember to attack our enemies one-at-a-time. If we haven't got good spit, spears would be useful for this. By attacking one-by-one, we get one dead one and one alive one (being attacked by one) instead of two half-injured ones (being attacked by two).

They usually stand and wait for a bit before they go on and attack the huts, so we should have enough time to get back and kill them. Superior tactics shall win the day!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 27, 2013, 04:51:06 pm »

Superior tactics shall win the day!
Superior numbers shall win the day! Divide, and conquer by mobbing them one by one!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 27, 2013, 04:52:46 pm »

Superior tactics shall win the day!
Superior numbers shall win the day! Divide, and conquer by mobbing them one by one!
Superior numbers AND tactics shall completely own them with time left over for supper!

Seriously, though. I bet that, if we put our minds to it, we could wipe out two villages in a single outing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 27, 2013, 06:15:54 pm »

For tactics, remember to attack our enemies one-at-a-time. If we haven't got good spit, spears would be useful for this. By attacking one-by-one, we get one dead one and one alive one (being attacked by one) instead of two half-injured ones (being attacked by two).

They usually stand and wait for a bit before they go on and attack the huts, so we should have enough time to get back and kill them. Superior tactics shall win the day!
I tried the attack-one-at-a-time thing. It worked, kinda. Then they started attacking whoever they could reach.
The spear technology we looted from the Pinks should help, next battle.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43