Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43

Author Topic: Let's Spore: Civilization Stage: The End  (Read 60943 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Creature Stage: Ocelot
« Reply #345 on: May 20, 2013, 04:32:13 pm »

And it shall be known as...

BROCCOLI

I approve of this so frieken' hard right now.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 20, 2013, 04:38:04 pm »

Get better attack parts, sell some unnecessary friendly parts.
Technically attack parts are also unneeded. The only attack part that is still used in the Tribal phase is poison spit.
I'm pretty sure I've seen them charge as well.

Holy crap, did every creature we encountered near the end suddenly become flower mimics as well?
Blame Neonivek, they're pretty much his creatures.

I agree, but I don't think the others want that. I was thinking we'd progress from flower-shaped to some kind of tiered thing, like a coral, or some kind of christmas-tree/wedding cake/edwardian ballroom dress monster.
If a flower leaves us at near-maximum Complexity, how is that going to be under the limit?

Anyways, I've seen at least two complete plans and a bunch of mini-plans for final evolution as well as some things people want to see done (including the surprisingly common suicide-by-epic option). Can we pretty please try to find a consensus?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 20, 2013, 04:48:45 pm »

It's simple: We use flagella scrolled up to massive size, as well as the limbs and wings and details, all based on a decreased spine and inflated main leg. We probably wouldn't need to add any more parts.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 20, 2013, 11:32:18 pm »

We do seem to have a disturbing over-abundance of symmetry.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 20, 2013, 11:36:09 pm »

Well, we want to be careful about asymmetry, as it can unexpectedly increase both cost and complexity with fewer parts.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 21, 2013, 03:53:57 am »

And trust me... Low complexity creatures decked out in gear tend to look WAAAAAAY cooler then overly complex creatures trying hard to fit even a hat on them.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 21, 2013, 06:06:08 am »

It may be more difficult to put a top hat on an old one than Cthulhu, but it is worth it if you succeed...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 21, 2013, 01:19:29 pm »

You don't need to get into red complexity to make a tentacle tree monster, though. And unless you have GA, gear isn't that cool anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 21, 2013, 01:32:28 pm »

You don't need to get into red complexity to make a tentacle tree monster, though. And unless you have GA, gear isn't that cool anyway.

If you know how to use it however.

My Skewturf Alpha has a space age version that is absolutely awesome.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 21, 2013, 06:31:16 pm »

We don't need to plaster it with tons of clothing parts, though. Going for lovecraftian, creature parts are just more interesting, because they animate. Especially the flagella.

With just flagella scaled to maximum size, we could make a pretty good tentacle tree.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 22, 2013, 08:11:48 pm »

Alright, between a major English assignment and various school events I haven't really been paying a lot of attention to this recently. Has some kind of consensus formed?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 22, 2013, 08:30:33 pm »

Hrmm, it seems mostly keeping our history and adding tentacles. Possibly a trunk might be involved...
My vote remains just stuffing an odd number of wings on.

P.S.
Can you do animations? It might be nice to have a brief animation of our thing dancing...
Read the First Post!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 22, 2013, 09:08:22 pm »

Two or three of us support a tentacle tree monster, consisting mostly of enormous flagella plus the functional bits.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 22, 2013, 09:14:00 pm »

P.S.
Can you do animations? It might be nice to have a brief animation of our thing dancing...
I'm not sure how, but that does sound near.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn Clothes-A [13]
« Reply #359 on: May 25, 2013, 02:20:56 pm »

((In the end, I started tweaking and made something kinda like what was wanted. I think I struck a good balance between retaining power, what you wanted and Complexity. Sadly, I couldn't figure out how to duplicate the flagellae, so not many tentacles...))

The sands of time go on...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...and for the Cupcake race, a new...hourglass? was dawning.

-----

Translated ancient Proto-Craftlovian manuscripts from the journal of Parton Flamelord, Immortal-Chief of the Craftlove Tribe
Truly today is a blessed one.
I have cracked the secret of writing! Thus, I can record the tale of my ascent to power.
Soon after becoming [the] Chief of the Craftloves, named because those twins love making new stuff, we made a little village for {mates? allies?} to live in and us to sleep in.
There is no way that could have been done without my advice, as with all our achievements. [This is likely a lie.] Once this was completed, we began work...
...and we may shortly begin encountering other tribes to {conquer? assimilate? devour?}.
But, most importantly, our {wives? partners?} made some [water has destroyed a portion of the manuscript. This jounral entry ends here.]

-----

We have need of an outfit to generate!
Here you can see the Outfit Creation screens. There are six categories which in no way limit the places we can put the parts. Reduced from Creature Mode's over-a-dozen skills, Tribes are reduced to Combat, Gathering, Health, and Social skills. What Skills should we focus on and what should the Cupcake Villager look like if we can?
Remember two things: 1. Asymmetry is possible in this creator as well. 2. We can change the outfit later.
Brainstorm, please! I would like to finalize the outfit (and save) before the day is out!

Finally, my attempt to make an animation thingy:

Ta-da! I did it right!
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43