Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43

Author Topic: Let's Spore: Civilization Stage: The End  (Read 60946 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Creature Stage: Snickerdoodle
« Reply #315 on: May 19, 2013, 09:21:08 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Meh, stuff it, not important.

Get us a third wing and call us the Rubnch

Hm... I think I'll hold onto Cupcake for now. I don't like this name as it's... Not very easily pronouncible.

Suggestion times

Change color to green to better mimic flowers

Add spines along our leg to simulate thorns

Better sing and better dance

Name it "Ocelot"

I'm open to name suggestions for now.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Creature Stage: Snickersnack
« Reply #316 on: May 19, 2013, 09:47:11 am »

If we can, I suggest more tentacles to mimic the idea of stems and branches. Assymetrics may come in handy for this effect.

However, I prefer the focus being their combat abilities. Singing requires a better mouth and dancing requires a better foot. Something that I am already a bit partial to.

However, I would be alright with seeing good jumping feet for the sake of flight. If dance is included with a good pair of jumping feet, then I would be alright with this.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 19, 2013, 09:52:57 am »

Better dance. Get one of them D'orca-line mouths so we can get better sing. Rotate said mouths so they're on their side as one really effing weird mouth.

Add armour on our heads so we can continue training for that day when we hit ourselves on the head with a stick and randomly invent fire.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 19, 2013, 10:53:00 am »

You and your obsession with singing, we need to renounce effectiveness and embrace the force!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 19, 2013, 10:54:39 am »

You and your obsession with singing, we need to renounce effectiveness and embrace the force!
Yeh, but FREAKY DOUBLE-MOUTH THAT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE. Or something like that.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 19, 2013, 11:30:47 am »

Useless limb is just as freaky as massive limb, backwards limb, and absent limb...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 19, 2013, 12:30:25 pm »

Sensing magnetic fields only lets a creature determine the shape of a magnetic field, not the object which generates it. Letters close together would be indistinguishable from each other, unless the creature's electrical sense was like some kind of powerful MRI; that would require vast expenditures of calories, though, and so wouldn't evolve due to simple wave broadcasting being much more efficient for everyday communication.

IRL, electrocommunication works by animals broadcasting waves (higher frequency than radio but essentially the same purpose). Basically, it would be like telepathy, broadcasting thoughts to each other at a speed slightly faster than human conversation, only limited to a range of about 15 feet or so. They could communicate without alerting other animals, but it would be nigh impossible to keep conversations private if others were standing within the 15 foot radius.

These creatures have mouths to sing with as well, though, so maybe the could speak both with sound and EM waves, which would be highly advantageous.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 12:48:24 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 19, 2013, 03:09:02 pm »

Why are those screenshots in color? I seem to remember blind creatures "seeing" in black and white.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 19, 2013, 04:09:11 pm »

However, I would be alright with seeing good jumping feet for the sake of flight. If dance is included with a good pair of jumping feet, then I would be alright with this.
Not just good jumping feet, the best jumping feet, feet that will send you so high in the air you can spit on the Epics' heads (although for obvious reasons this is NOT recommended). I've heard advice that the nearly-as-good-at-jumping-but-faster avian feet are supposed to be better for flight, though.

Get one of them D'orca-line mouths so we can get better sing.
Problem is, those are carnivorous.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2013, 04:10:16 pm »

So Great What do you think of my creatures so far? XD

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 19, 2013, 04:15:19 pm »

In the long-term, what are we hoping for? I think that the idea of a zealot empire was suggested, but I don't see us going in that direction (with all the killing). We already have one green card, so we would need another green and two red. For game reasons, both the card we get in the tribal and in the civilization stage would probably be of the same colours (due to the ending of tribal stage affecting the kind of civilization we will be). So, if we want to be a zealot empire, we will have to be friendly in creature stage, so that we get a green one.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 19, 2013, 04:25:18 pm »

In the long-term, what are we hoping for? I think that the idea of a zealot empire was suggested, but I don't see us going in that direction (with all the killing). We already have one green card, so we would need another green and two red. For game reasons, both the card we get in the tribal and in the civilization stage would probably be of the same colours (due to the ending of tribal stage affecting the kind of civilization we will be). So, if we want to be a zealot empire, we will have to be friendly in creature stage, so that we get a green one.

We just need 2 greens and 2 reds. When we get them isn't really an issue. We can be friendly in the Tribal stage much easier than creature stage. Sure it'll make out abilities less useful but we just gotta buy out a war civ. Then we're good to go.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 19, 2013, 04:44:19 pm »

Remember we can always change it while in the space stage. We just need to find a race with what we want.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 19, 2013, 05:03:06 pm »

So Great What do you think of my creatures so far? XD
Pretty neat.

We started out in the green, do a good amount of socialization, and wound up losing a lot of our fights, so I think we're currently in the green.

We just need 2 greens and 2 reds. When we get them isn't really an issue. We can be friendly in the Tribal stage much easier than creature stage. Sure it'll make out abilities less useful but we just gotta buy out a war civ. Then we're good to go.
Well, convert a military city, but yeah. Which reminds me of this issue I'm having in another world, in Spore, which is on Hard difficulty...but that's a tale for another time, when I really need advice.

Anyways...
Suggestion times
Change color to green to better mimic flowers
Add spines along our leg to simulate thorns
Better sing and better dance
Name it "Ocelot"
If we can, I suggest more tentacles to mimic the idea of stems and branches. Assymetrics may come in handy for this effect.
However, I prefer the focus being their combat abilities. Singing requires a better mouth and dancing requires a better foot. Something that I am already a bit partial to.
Better dance. Get one of them D'orca-line mouths so we can get better sing. Rotate said mouths so they're on their side as one really effing weird mouth.
Add armour on our heads so we can continue training for that day when we hit ourselves on the head with a stick and randomly invent fire.

Alright, some kind of better singing mouth is requested for the Ocelot, as is better dancin' foot (probably the Geckoning), a greener hide, spines and tendrils, and head armor. Sounds like a plan, here's hoping we don't hit the Complexity limit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn Ocelot [12]
« Reply #329 on: May 19, 2013, 05:59:19 pm »

"They evolved into Ocelots, which--wow, only one page left? Sweet! Sorry, sorry. Anyways, uh, the Ocelots were a bit better at being floral, and by then had moved past their ancient stomping grounds and towards the One-and-Fifty Site..."
"They met new friends..."
"By the time the Ocelots reached their known territory..."
"...they had evolved that trait that makes us, us! Soon, other species of Niosans scavenging from Ocelot corpses would pick up this trait as well, but that's for another program because I've run out of script. Good-bye and--[f-]"

-----

And for those of you at home worrying about getting all Zealoty:
Spoiler: EotHS, end of turn: (click to show/hide)

Anyways, we're in the green, so we've got some questions to answer.

1. Shall we screw around some more in Creature stage or proceed to Tribal?
2. If the former, what shall we do?
3. What changes shall we make? We have...254 DNA, plus 50 just for showing up to the new nest, plus whatever we get for cutting stuff to reduce our near-full Complexity.
4. What will the tribe be named?
5. Should we tell the story from the POV of the chief, another random tribe member, someone who lives in the hut, what?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43