Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43

Author Topic: Let's Spore: Civilization Stage: The End  (Read 60809 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Creature Stage: Junglis
« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2013, 06:08:50 am »

Wow. The only consensus I can sense is "tripod," and even that is far from universal, especially given the wide range of ideas. I will say one specific thing, though:

What have you done... it's like a retarded slug......
Well, when no one wants legs or eyes your options are limited.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2013, 06:10:50 am »

Wow. The only consensus I can sense is "tripod," and even that is far from universal, especially given the wide range of ideas. I will say one specific thing, though:

What have you done... it's like a retarded slug......
Well, when no one wants legs or eyes your options are limited.

Make it an upright slug for twenty seconds as a sort of "Alternate Ancestor" line that died out so that it looks less like a "retarded slug" [I personally like it to be honest]

I'll go for tripod. But only if we can name this incantation the "Muffin" [We're not up to Cupcake yet but we're getting there.]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2013, 06:46:08 am »

I am opposed to legs.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2013, 11:24:05 am »

This is awesome :D Lovecraftian tripod is definitely the way to go.

I should dig up my Spore account. I actually am quite happy with all my creations, and would love to have them featured here...

Except for tribe stage. You do NOT want to go against my primary race in tribe stage. I don't think I have ever seen anyone beat them.

EDIT: Aww, it seems that only my highest rated creations survived, which are my creatures. Nothing in tribal+.
This seems to be in part due to the fact that my username was given to somebody else. Damn EA.

Still, here they are if you want to have a peek. Would you add them to the current game? Do I need to friend you for that?
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-1Dissonance1%7C2263956228
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:55:08 am by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2013, 11:49:48 am »

I suggest tripod arms as well, though with three completely different arms along the spine for maximum silliness. No legs are a definite must though. Some of the later non-leg parts give sprint and a whole one speed, so we won't be terribly slow forever. Well, unless the enemy is all the way across the map in tribal stage (goddamn it).

Except for tribe stage. You do NOT want to go against my primary race in tribe stage. I don't think I have ever seen anyone beat them.

What was so special about your primary race that makes them so invincible?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2013, 11:57:05 am »

They had speed, flight, poison and powerful melee abilities. Somehow this combined to make them incredibly hard to beat. I can't say more as it has been (EDIT: 4.5) years since I've played... (might reinstall, though)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:59:27 am by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2013, 12:29:44 pm »

I say legs, we'd be punishing ourselves if we didn't. Tribe stage would be awful without them, and Galactic Adventures as well if we can find it. Eyes don't affect gameplay at all after creature stage (and strangely you can still see in GA), but legs do.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2013, 02:34:51 pm »

actually if enough people don't want legs a good replacement is wings considering the last time legs matter is in tribal and wings are just as good if not better ( if the game likes you that is sometimes they will just not use them the bastards ) as for my wants legs and wings for me I'd say eyes but I know I'd get outvoted every time.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2013, 03:16:05 pm »

Let grow some eyes and legs.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2013, 03:27:32 pm »

actually if enough people don't want legs a good replacement is wings considering the last time legs matter is in tribal and wings are just as good if not better ( if the game likes you that is sometimes they will just not use them the bastards ) as for my wants legs and wings for me I'd say eyes but I know I'd get outvoted every time.

I vote for wings. We need wings and arms, no need for legs. Maybe a large maw on the botton.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2013, 03:28:24 pm »

I vote for wings and arms as well
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2013, 03:46:01 pm »

Also name: Junglis Wambler

We'll need to get some fluff.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2013, 04:30:17 pm »

I say we need ears to make up for having no eyes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2013, 04:33:34 pm »

I'd like to take that challenge. It can't be anything but luck.

EDIT: Aww, it seems that only my highest rated creations survived, which are my creatures. Nothing in tribal+.
This seems to be in part due to the fact that my username was given to somebody else. Damn EA.
Shame. You sent me the right user, right?

Still, here they are if you want to have a peek. Would you add them to the current game? Do I need to friend you for that?
I don't control that, but I believe that buddies' creations have a better chance of appearing.

They had speed, flight, poison and powerful melee abilities. Somehow this combined to make them incredibly hard to beat. I can't say more as it has been (EDIT: 4.5) years since I've played... (might reinstall, though)
Melee? Bah. Venom? Don't make me laugh. Speed and flight? The better to come into our grasp.

I say we need ears to make up for having no eyes.
The ears do nothing!

Anyways, the current idea is "Three arms and a pair of wings". Problem is, there's no way we have enough DNA for all that...priorities? And name? One vote for Muffin, one for "Junglis Wambler".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2013, 04:57:37 pm »

I do suggest that immediately before we make the jump to tribal we simplify our creature as much as possible.

The reason being that it allows us to have more editing options in the Tribal, Civ, and Space phase. I've actually had creatures who didn't have any spare complexity for any tribal enhancement.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43