Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43

Author Topic: Let's Spore: Civilization Stage: The End  (Read 60838 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Civilization Stage: That cost more than $24 of beads...
« Reply #585 on: June 12, 2013, 09:21:35 pm »

They'll follow the vehicle that did the converting, then attack whatever it attacks. It wears off after about 2 minutes, so you can lead it over to a rival city and just leave it there...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:11:25 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Turn Cliffhang [21]
« Reply #586 on: June 15, 2013, 06:26:20 pm »

Alright, I haven't played Spore in a week, let's get a move on!

-----

"Relations with the Pizeans improved once the Imperials loaned them money for their development of various things, allegedly including cannons capable of reaching other continents; this lead to improved relations and even some trade (via Burglars)."
"The final major city of the modern world, Salds, the southern neighbor of the Kaspaitans, was founded. It was a nation under King Braun, who enjoyed and followed the teachings of Spode and hence liked the Imperials from the start."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"On a similar note, the Kaspaitans finalized an alliance with the Imperials shortly after the founding of Salds. A connection is suspected."
"When Hullin was added to the Empire, there was much rejoicing in all parts of it, from the Hullins because of the greater infrastructure budget of the Imperials and the rest because of a recent discovery in Pizean...flight. The Pizeans were coaxed to share this discovery after being reminded of their outstanding debts."
"Thus was born the Airship Enterprise, a massive zeppelin which searched the globe for obscure tribes to locate and sell stuff to. This airship had a wide variety of incidents occur on it, which inspires a series of films and other programs that continues to this day, Cloud Journey.
"The Enterprise inspired the Enterprise-class airships. While not even a third as large as the original Enterprise, these were still quite capable freighters. The E-1 became the backbone of Pizean trade."
"Velbart and Styrumin had been at war for a while, but it was getting to the point where Imperial interests were threatened. Hence, diplomatic measures were taken to prevent this war's conclusion...but it was too late."
"Trade was opened with the neighbors of the Forest Nation, after a generous donation to their infrastructure and military. It was also opened with Salds, without the need for bribery. However, the Homarpians were being besieged by the Forest Nation..."

-----

Will the Red Nation survive siege by the Forest Nation? Will the Forest Nation rival the glory of the Cupcake Empire? Will anyone read this update?
In case the answer to this last question is "Yes," here's a little treat I just made:

In case it's not clear, that is the yert, a Lesser Race mentioned towards the beginning of the Civilization Stage.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Civilization Stage: A Rival Empire
« Reply #587 on: June 15, 2013, 06:41:20 pm »

the turn of events show some potential for storytelling... I'm eager to see how it will turn :)
Please, no more doodles...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 15, 2013, 06:52:33 pm »

Plan A. Bribe them.

Plan B. Play music for them. You know...the special music. That we stopped using because bribes work better.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 15, 2013, 07:32:54 pm »

Oh, by the way, a fun fact:

If we become allies with all other nations, we win the game. We have enough cities for it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 15, 2013, 10:10:32 pm »

What powers do we have? Does cash given to third parties help them fight the forest nation? Does everyone secretly love the scribbles? Will these question be answered in the next exciting update? Tune in to the next exciting update to- oh, wait...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 15, 2013, 10:26:20 pm »

Commander-in-chief of the Econarmy, it can, maybe, possibly.
Sig

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 16, 2013, 01:32:24 am »

I say turn your interests towards an alliance with the forest nation. If it is successful, then they will knock out everyone else that you don't buy up and together you will have unified the planet under some sort of hideous miliaristic-capitalist-jihad... thing...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 16, 2013, 01:36:11 am »

Yeah. Give them all our spice/money.

And compliment them.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 16, 2013, 03:03:03 am »

I say turn your interests towards an alliance with the forest nation. If it is successful, then they will knock out everyone else that you don't buy up and together you will have unified the planet under some sort of hideous miliaristic-capitalist-jihad... thing...

I support. Apparently, when you are allies with the only other powers on the planet, they randomly suggest a merger.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 16, 2013, 03:22:48 am »

As tempting as becoming a perverse amalgam of the entire surviving population of the planet is. Have we stopped to ask "What would the child of the colour of panicked grief, Dracula, and a thirteen-winged lidless eyeball do?"?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 16, 2013, 03:42:32 am »

I don't think they say it when you're allies, but I've had the last surviving Civ mention something about being able to see "the writing on the wall".

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 16, 2013, 04:08:22 am »

That may be an expression, it seems vaguely familiar, perhaps something to do with seeing obvious signs/knowing that you are beaten? Or it could be a hallucination, the horrorterrors are leaking through the walls of their fortress and spelling glorious omens before the doomed assembly...
Read the First Post!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 16, 2013, 09:10:00 am »

... It usually means the former. >->
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 16, 2013, 01:44:39 pm »

Yeah, I'd say the former.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43