Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43

Author Topic: Let's Spore: Civilization Stage: The End  (Read 60788 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Creature Stage: Muffin
« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2013, 08:28:40 pm »

Snickerdoodle is a fine name.

I say more tentacles, bigger fists, and an emphasis upon more fighting power as opposed to socialization. That said, I don't mind a bit more socialization, but we must be able compete with our enemies. Sate bloodthirst! Even if it results in vomiting! As shown by Dwarf Fortress, vomit is a sign of true power over our enemies!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 15, 2013, 08:43:33 pm »

My vote should be obvious: Third arm on our back. But other than that... No preference. Better attacky bits are definitively a priority though. Oh, and change our colour so that we have a crispy, golden underside...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 15, 2013, 09:13:22 pm »

We should wait for the 2nd tier wings before adding flight.
FYI, those are the butterfly wings.

In other news...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2013, 09:14:31 pm »

We should wait for the 2nd tier wings before adding flight.
FYI, those are the butterfly wings.

In other news...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If... If you do not reference this in some way in the next update I shall be sad.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2013, 09:19:36 pm »

The ground seems to indicate the the muffins somehow managed to spread to an entire different part of the galaxy at some point.
It's FEF, not FEOF

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2013, 09:34:57 pm »

The legs were an evolutionary blunder, they must evolve into wings, wings must be odd in number, obviously. And we need an arm on our underside!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2013, 10:48:58 am »

The legs were an evolutionary blunder, they must evolve into wings, wings must be odd in number, obviously. And we need an arm on our underside!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 16, 2013, 12:19:52 pm »

3 Legs, embrace the weird, make the game work for it's claim of "oh we'll animate whatever creature you'll throw at us"!

Clearly, he must have flown to this savegame planet in another save. It's possible, after all. You can do anything but world-wrecking things to other saves. You can't reduce the planet's T-score or grav-wave it, but you can go laser happy or kidnap a bunch of things.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 16, 2013, 12:59:49 pm »

Clearly, he must have flown to this savegame planet in another save. It's possible, after all. You can do anything but world-wrecking things to other saves. You can't reduce the planet's T-score or grav-wave it, but you can go laser happy or kidnap a bunch of things.

Or the game just decided to spawn the creature randomly, unlikely though it might be. A similar thing happened to me once when I went into tribal stage. Around... a quarter of the nests were occupied by the previous versions of my species. A bit odd to say the least.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Spore: Creature Stage: Muffin Voting
« Reply #249 on: May 16, 2013, 03:20:03 pm »

Or the game just decided to spawn the creature randomly, unlikely though it might be. A similar thing happened to me once when I went into tribal stage. Around... a quarter of the nests were occupied by the previous versions of my species. A bit odd to say the least.
It's helped in Tribal by the fact that only about half a dozen species are spawned per Tribal. It happened to me on my first playthrough, though not to that extent IIRC.
And if you look at the screenshot in question, it identifies the planet as "Afiengan" or something like that, not Slendermints.

Anyways, let's get to figuring out what we're doing please!

Current votes:
Closer to the ground, better feet.

Codename: "Snickerdoodle"
Higher above the ground, must be able to reach all the fruit. Less pastry, more lovecraft. Better feet would be good too, need more speed to avoid things. We should wait for the 2nd tier wings before adding flight. We should upgrade both our socializing and murder capabilities. If we have leftover DNA, let's get some more health.
Higher above the ground, must be able to reach all the fruit. Less more pastry and more lovecraft. Better feet would be good too, need more speed to avoid things. We should wait for the 2nd tier wings before adding flight. We should upgrade both our socializing and murder capabilities. If we have leftover DNA, let's get some more health.
I fixed hat for you. I agree with the rest of your non-typoed post.
Snickerdoodle is a fine name.

I say more tentacles, bigger fists, and an emphasis upon more fighting power as opposed to socialization. That said, I don't mind a bit more socialization, but we must be able compete with our enemies...
...Third arm on our back...Better attacky bits are definitively a priority though. Oh, and change our colour so that we have a crispy, golden underside...
Really helpful. I'll try to distill the suggestions:
Spoiler: List (click to show/hide)
As you can see, there's not much consensus. Half a dozen people are voting, the only idea with even half of them agreeing is "Add a Third Arm"--and they're divided on where. So, here's how this will go:
1. No more major suggestions, please. We're spending enough DNA already. (Little things, like recommending what parts to add or bickering about patterns or something, is still allowed.)
2. Any suggestions with more "No"s (or implied "No"s) than "Yes"s will be eliminated, which means that 1, 3, 7a, and 9 are out.
3. Vote on the remainder. To summarize, they are:
Spoiler: Ballot, as 'twere (click to show/hide)
4. To encourage more discussion of other's ideas in the future, the current votes (those listed two spoilers up) will be added to the ones gathered now. This means you can vote twice on the same issue!
5. Once we have votes in, ideas with more "Ayes" than "Nays" will be implemented if possible.

Sound good?

(I'd also like to note that we already have 3 legs.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gradiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2013, 03:26:11 pm »

I've been lurking this thread, and I vote for 1, 2, 6, 7, and 8, vote no to 4 and 9, and abstain to the others.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 16, 2013, 03:52:49 pm »

Reduce Pastry levels

You know... if you played the game as much as I have, this takes on an entirely different meaning.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 16, 2013, 04:14:10 pm »

Yay for 1, 2, 6, 7, 9 and 10. Abstain for rest.
This is a blank sig.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 16, 2013, 04:14:59 pm »

1. Increase "Lovecraft" Level

Yes.

2. Add Tentacles

Yes.

3. Prioritize Combat Skills over Social Skills, but not entirely

Yes.

4. Improve the Feet

No. Feet are an abomination.

5. If possible, improve Health

Yes, as it can help in combat.

6. Add a 3rd arm on belly

Yes.

7. Turn Legs into Wings

Yes. All hail flying tentacle slug overlords!

8. Name the Creature "Snickerdoodle"

Yes.

9. Move the Creature Farther from the Ground

Eh, not sure on this one so I abstain from voting.

10. Increase Fist Size

Yes.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 16, 2013, 04:18:46 pm »

Voting for:
1.Y
2.Y