Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Coffins in Dining Hall  (Read 2080 times)

Victor6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Coffins in Dining Hall
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 04:41:18 pm »

Well, you could always build some outdoor mausoleums, or a pyramid - Just wall around each level once it's full and build a floor above it.

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 04:45:44 pm »

Also coffins do block pathing... ( I need to do all my smoothing/ engraving first).  My dining rooms tend to be stupidly large... so I'm not to worried abour fort space.
Are you sure?  I normally use large rooms filled with wall to wall coffins for my non-noble burials, and I've never had trouble with them pathing to coffins in the center of the room to bury someone.  Maybe they prefer to not path through coffins, but can if there is no other way.

Shame I can't put them outside... I could line the road to the Trade depot with them.
If you really want to do this, you could build a roof over the side of the road to make them indoor tiles.  I don't think they need dark/subterranean for coffins.

Edit: ninja'd by Victor...
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 04:56:39 pm »

Well, you could always build some outdoor mausoleums, or a pyramid - Just wall around each level once it's full and build a floor above it.

I could be wrong... I just remember having walls that were never touched by my engravers after coffins were put up along side of them.
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Victor6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 06:01:00 pm »

I could be wrong... I just remember having walls that were never touched by my engravers after coffins were put up along side of them.
Wires crossed here. - You're right that coffins, like statues block access so you have to engrave first. I was suggesting an alternative to lining the roads with them.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 07:00:38 pm »

Gotcha!
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 06:25:10 pm »

You could mass-deconstruct them when you are done with the fort and have it instantly fill with horrible ghosts
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 [2]