Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblins not attacking  (Read 326 times)

Dycedarg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Goblins not attacking
« on: May 08, 2013, 02:33:42 am »

So I started a new fortress for the first time since the new version came out, and after playing for a few years things have gotten kind of boring because for some reason I haven't gotten any goblin ambushes or sieges or anything. It's been nearly 4 years and I have 242 dwarves in my fortress and well over 450k created wealth, so I would have thought they'd have attacked by now. It's been a while since last I played but I though I remembered getting ambushes within the first year or two in my last fortress. I know that there's a goblin civilization nearby because I got some goblin thieves (although even that took nearly 2 years to happen). The only thing I can think of is I checked them at the civilization screen, and the only leader they have is a law-giver; do they need generals to attack or something? Anyway, if they haven't attacked by now, are they going to, or do I have to go dig for fun in the caverns or some such?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins not attacking
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 03:35:32 am »

if you had snatchers, you'll get ambushes and sieges too, just give it time. Sieges are hard to organize
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.