Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My Best Dwarf Yet  (Read 1398 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: My Best Dwarf Yet
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 04:08:45 pm »

That's not an injury, that's the results of a demonic ritual.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 04:30:12 pm »

Something similar happened to me, the dwarf should be dead but he got stuck in some kind of limbo... if her thoughts havent changed in a long time then its the same
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

-Urist McMason, enraged at having found a Gecko Man in his fortress.
Urist McMason likes Gecko Man Eyes.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 05:33:58 pm »

Possibly caused by a similar bug that causes miners to get stuck in the air sometimes?  I've noticed that using DFHack to teleport things around can cause very strange behavior like this.  For example, I had one dwarf become immune to flinging / smashing by drawbridges because I set his position using DFHack without setting the occupancy flags on the source and target tiles (presumably that was the cause).  Moving dwarves up in the air into tiles that aren't properly loaded by the game will cause them to just stand there, immune to everything that I've tried to do to them.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 09:47:21 pm »

I tried to "abandon" the savegame and look in legends mode at the dwarf's history (perhaps old war wounds?), but history was set as obscured at worldgen. Is there a way to get around that?

Jahsg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 04:12:24 am »

It Lives... yet it dosen't seem to know what to do. Also there is a fireman in your volcano.
Pages: 1 [2]