Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Candy box !  (Read 23150 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Candy box !
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2013, 01:45:44 am »

Which makes the Firesword the best sword.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2013, 03:02:06 am »

Summoning sword doesn't go above level 5, making it useless later on.
What makes you say that? Because, it goes above level 5. At some point (STILL later than 5) you stop getting a different kind of summon for flavor purposes, but the stats still keep improving. I'm using a level 12 summoning sword right now and it's a hell of a lot better than it was at level 5.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2013, 03:51:38 am »

At first glance, but no it is the worst sword for getting past that. Since your minions are too slow to kill the knights and stop you from dealing the majority of the damage. (you need a level 4 sword to have a guaranteed chance of passing that stage)
Not true, actually. What you "need" is the boots. Monsters will stop spawning on their own (even though there's a metric shit ton of them) and then you can get through unhindered. Stock up on health potions.
That being said, firesword is the best sword, as it makes all stages easier, where as the sumon sword make some easier, but not others leading to a rather uneven progression. And some ever so slightly harder (so far entrance and hell).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2013, 09:14:24 am »

Monsters will stop spawning on their own

What!?!

Dear goodness!

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2013, 12:34:34 pm »

I closed my browser without saving. Welp.

I'd eaten millions of candies...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2013, 01:06:05 pm »

I will say not picking the Fire Sword REALLY slows you down.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2013, 01:55:33 pm »

I used a cloning potion (from the wishing well) and pretty much walked into the castle.  I still haven't picked an upgrade for the sword.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:00:05 pm by RanDomino »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2013, 01:56:46 pm »

I used a cloning scroll and pretty much walked into the castle.  I still haven't picked an upgrade for the sword.

It is the dragon that is slowing me down. With invulnerability I can deal 400 damage to him.

I calculate I need 1000 hp to take him down... possibly more.

I don't think any of the scrolls are useful against the dragon either.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2013, 02:06:16 pm »

I used a cloning scroll and pretty much walked into the castle.  I still haven't picked an upgrade for the sword.

It is the dragon that is slowing me down. With invulnerability I can deal 400 damage to him.

I calculate I need 1000 hp to take him down... possibly more.

I don't think any of the scrolls are useful against the dragon either.
Yep, I just ran into it.  Ouch.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2013, 02:08:24 pm »

With the firesword I would already be in the killing distance. Assuming that each level of Firesword is just a +1... if it isn't... then I am WAAAAAAAAAY in killing range with that weapons... But I have the summoning sword.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2013, 02:11:47 pm »

in Castle Entrance, very rarely defeating a knight (the KNI guys) will have you pick a "strong armour" , and finishing the level (escape potion does not do the trick) will add that "strong armour" to your inventory.

So after grinding a lot to get lots of candies (and eat them for lot of HP) and a good weapon (i found the fire weapon upgraded a few times helps nicely there) so you can actually complete the level, it is interesting to replay it a few time.

Can't say how much it helped against the necromancer after that as i was using scrolls and potions like a crazy to survive there, hopefully it's not a waste of time to get that "strong armor"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2013, 02:14:12 pm »

i found the fire weapon upgraded a few times helps nicely there

You NEED the Fire weapon for the Castle. It is the part of the game where you realize it was balanced for the Fire Sword. The Summoning sword and the Healing sword just become liabilities.

While there are some strategies you can employ to beat the Necromancer relatively soon. The amount of times you will have to redo the entrance for Candy with the summoning sword really kills the game's curve. I stopped having fun and I just want to beat the game now.

It is to the extent that I have 500 life, a level 5 summoning sword, and a bajillion potions... and I honestly believe I could replay the game and beat the dragon faster with the fire sword... Then I could trying to beat the dragon right now.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:16:50 pm by Neonivek »

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2013, 02:30:21 pm »

All you need to beat the necromancer is a single imp invocation scroll.  That's it.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2013, 02:47:41 pm »

The only combination I can think of that would allow me to beat the dragon... today

Is if I get a lot of teleport scrolls and Invulnerability scrolls.

I can use invulnerability, then teleport until the cool down is gone... Then invulnerable again.

The issue is that I need about 4 teleport scrolls per invulnerability and I think I only do 200-400 damage a run. So I'd need about 20 teleport scrolls with no guaranteed chance to get it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2013, 02:51:59 pm »

The only combination I can think of that would allow me to beat the dragon... today

Is if I get a lot of teleport scrolls and Invulnerability scrolls.

I can use invulnerability, then teleport until the cool down is gone... Then invulnerable again.

The issue is that I need about 4 teleport scrolls per invulnerability and I think I only do 200-400 damage a run. So I'd need about 20 teleport scrolls with no guaranteed chance to get it.

Been much less for me, 2 teleports per 1 invulnerability. 1. Just time the invul potions right before the dragon to get the most out of it, and 2. when it runs out, tele away, 3. move right before the dragon, 4. tele away again 5. GOTO 1
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10