Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Candy box !  (Read 23171 times)

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Candy box !
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2013, 09:55:27 am »

Code: [Select]
You threw 1130 candies on the ground...? (;_;)
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2013, 11:18:15 am »

Why those kind of game are so addicting?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2013, 03:29:20 pm »

The joys of letting the game idle while you're away. That's all I have to say.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2013, 04:48:31 pm »

I need more Lollipops
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2013, 05:09:36 pm »

You have 339210752880249700000 candies!

I've been converting them for about ten minutes now and it's yet to go down. I'm going to save and eat and see what breaks.

EDIT: Eating them was boring. Sent my HP nice and high but still got one-shot by the DEV. Decided to wait and see if the converter ever goes into overdrive and gives me enough lollipops to see those higher level bugs.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 05:25:45 pm by palsch »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2013, 05:41:39 pm »

To repeat, the Sword of Summoning is the best. It's hard to get the Imp scroll from the merchant, so use the wishing well for it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2013, 05:44:31 pm »

I ended up with the fire sword and am working on beating the dragon. Should I bother replaying for the summoning sword?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2013, 05:49:03 pm »

I ended up with the fire sword and am working on beating the dragon. Should I bother replaying for the summoning sword?

I've heard Fire is second best, just use IMP scrolls for Hell and the Stairs.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2013, 05:49:30 pm »

What's the max level for the summoning sword anyways?

I'm up to 8 and it seems it has given me the same summon as the last one :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2013, 05:56:13 pm »

I wouldn't bother swapping swords.

Frankly all the swords are pretty similar when it comes down to it. You are much more dependent on other items for any strategies. Certain swords let you farm certain levels more easily, so if you want to blow through any particular part then go with the sword best for that part. Summoning is better for farming the whale, life for the castle entrance, flame for the keep/dragon.

I actually went with flame for this run after using the summoning sword first. Restarted because I'd blown my wish early. This time I left it running for pretty much the whole weekend at 300/s lollipop production before blowing the x8 wish and upgrading a little. Now I have the Sword of Liflamesummoning and level 69.

As far as I can tell there isn't a max level for anything. Life steal increases, flame damage increases, summoned monster health (and I think damage) increases.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2013, 06:19:01 pm »

So, umm, anyone have tips for the Computer yet? It's so hard to do the seed thing when the things are all flashing everywhere, but that's probably just me, should look at the stats instead. The randomized attack and health and number of monsters thing is really scary, too. And I heard about the secret when you get to the end, so it sounds like I'll have to do the thing multiple times. :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2013, 06:23:20 pm »

Christ, this is grindier than Disgaea and the Digimon DS games bastard child.
What should I have for taking on Mount Goblin? HP? Equip?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2013, 06:25:46 pm »

Christ, this is grindier than Disgaea and the Digimon DS games bastard child.
What should I have for taking on Mount Goblin? HP? Equip?

Spoiler: Spoiler response (click to show/hide)

And the game is only grindy if you want it to be! You could just leave it open in another tab for a while if you wanted. But you can do the Peaceful Forest and later, GMOH potions and other levels for candy if you want to grind.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2013, 06:30:58 pm »

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2013, 06:40:58 pm »

So how useful would you guys say Jelly is?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10