Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Candy box !  (Read 23140 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Candy box !
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2013, 02:53:40 pm »

Neonivek, you seem to be stuck in the idea that the fire sword is better than the sword of summoning, and you're wrong. The sword of summoning is massively better than either of the other swords in any level that has extra enemies, and in the others you're going to be spamming invuln + tele anyways.
You also didn't finish reading the list of potions you can make. Try again.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2013, 02:59:50 pm »

The clone potion has too long a cool down, the Jelly works behind me, The Tree protects from enemies infront of me, the Super man potion does nothing, the Turtle potion has a cool down longer then its use as well as a very complicated recipe, the health potions do not heal faster then the dragon...

Which potion are we talking about?

The sword of summoning is massively better than either of the other swords in any level that has extra enemies

I can mitigate them much more easily then any huge boss. As well the more damage you do to an enemy the less it damages you. But I have two Candy Boxes up, we will see which one beats the dragon first.

The one I started yesterday, or the one I started a few minutes ago.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2013, 03:10:18 pm »

I beat the dragon with health potions, teleportation scrolls, and trees, though invulnerability potions work as well in place of the health potions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2013, 03:13:54 pm »

I beat the dragon with health potions, teleportation scrolls, and trees, though invulnerability potions work as well in place of the health potions.

Wish there was a way to guarantee scrolls.

I have over 100 health potions though. just to grind the entrance. Yet grinding the keep is much more effective.

With the Seed exploit I don't need the Firesword anymore, mind you.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:34:03 pm by Neonivek »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2013, 03:47:16 pm »

Seeds take a long time to kill, at least at the point where you're first killing the dragon. One seed is longer than it'll take for the potion to cool down. Potion>Scroll>Seed>loop

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2013, 03:47:49 pm »

Seeds take a long time to kill, at least at the point where you're first killing the dragon. One seed is longer than it'll take for the potion to cool down. Potion>Scroll>Seed>loop

Oddly enough I failed that twice, the second time was because the dragon was able to hit my while it was dead.

Err thrice, the third time was because I keep mentally thinking Superman potions make me invulnerable.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2013, 03:48:53 pm »

Alternately Scroll->HealthHealthHealthHealth->attack

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2013, 03:49:58 pm »

Alternately Scroll->HealthHealthHealthHealth->attack

How fast do your scrolls refresh? I don't even get one before I am fighting the dragon again.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2013, 03:52:04 pm »

Er, I meant Scroll->Seed->HealthHealthHealthHealth->attack

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2013, 04:43:06 pm »

invuln -> teleport -> tree -> wait for cooldowns = made of win

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2013, 05:31:36 pm »

I used a cloning scroll and pretty much walked into the castle.  I still haven't picked an upgrade for the sword.

It is the dragon that is slowing me down. With invulnerability I can deal 400 damage to him.

I calculate I need 1000 hp to take him down... possibly more.

I don't think any of the scrolls are useful against the dragon either.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2013, 05:32:36 pm »

Ohh I beat the dragon.

That unicorn horn certainly makes grinding easier. Once I have 2000 hp I may even be able to grind the keep.

---

The hardest part about Hell is the fact that selecting some potions deselects the screen, so you can lose control (at least on my web browser)

Goodness I've lost some runs I was winning only because I suddenly lose control after popping some invulnerability.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 06:42:08 pm by Neonivek »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2013, 07:29:33 pm »

So, chuck norris is pretty brutal. I got him down a good ways, but then I teleported and used seeds to heal... I launched my second assault with myself and a clone, only for him to kill the clone and me in one hit each. Wut?

Edit: Yeah, he gets extra nasty after he hits 600 health.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2013, 11:13:56 pm »

Just beat the dragon by using a health potion once I lost 100 health and then an invulnerability potion. Only took a million tries. Time to do it again for the horn.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2013, 11:23:14 pm »

once you get the cauldron, the key to literally every challenge with immobile enemies is run up > invuln > tele right as or before the invuln runs out > seed to let potion timer lapse > repeat. Well, not every challenge... the "Yourself" level is just waiting until you are both down to ~25 hp and then use a fire scroll :P

For Chuck I'd go with teleporting right before the invuln runs out and planting a seed immediately after getting back to the start of the level. The only issue I really had was with Hell and that was mostly me not noticing I was getting teleported back to the start of the level whenever I broke through a wall piece. Once I figured that out I ran up to the dev, invuln'd, and poked him in the face with my fire sword. I had about 800 HP when I beat the final level the first time.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10