Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Your favorite creepy game moments/Easter Eggs  (Read 13779 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite creepy game moments/Easter Eggs
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2013, 02:48:16 pm »

Somebody's face is made into the sky texture.
I think it was actually a Ratticate. But damn, Red and Blue was so long ago...
Good, we put the thing out of it's misery.  Seriously those things are messed up.  Not only are they neigh worthless, their teeth are so big they can't close their mouth!  Can you imagine if you could never close your mouth? 

Even if it got an overbite or underbite closing it's mouth would send it's teeth through it's jaw and face.

Some of these pokemon must seriously live tortured lives.
Reminds me of Agrajag from 'Life, the Universe, and Everything'.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2013, 03:08:22 pm »

Actually, that's a valid fear for most rodents.  Rodents are identified because their teeth never stop growing, which is why they gnaw things - to file down their teeth to safer points.
Same for rabbits. Do an image search on "rabbit overgrown teeth" for a face full of body horror.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 03:21:38 pm »

Actually, that's a valid fear for most rodents.  Rodents are identified because their teeth never stop growing, which is why they gnaw things - to file down their teeth to safer points.
Same for rabbits. Do an image search on "rabbit overgrown teeth" for a face full of body horror.
Rabbits are rodents.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 03:28:00 pm »

Rabbits are rodents.
I used to think that too. They're not.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2013, 03:34:43 pm »

Rabbits are rodents.
I used to think that too. They're not.
Science used to think so as well!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2013, 04:09:17 pm »

No, their teeth keeps growing because they're constantly gnawing them down on everything :P
Love, scriver~

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2013, 05:07:18 pm »

Everyone's favorite! I'm kind've surprised it hasn't shown up yet.

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2013, 08:34:02 pm »

LSD came out in 1998 and Yume Nikki came out in 2004.

As for my contribution, I'll say the heart of the Statue of Happiness in GTA4.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2013, 08:49:16 pm »

I was recently playing Star Ruler and experimenting trying to find a good way to clear large numbers of enemies from a system. There's one weapon called the Shield Bomb that rapidly pushes your ship's shields outwards to do damage as things crash against it. They're the only weapon that cannot possibly miss and they affect everything in range with each attack. They're supposed to have very small range but I put them on a scale 100,000 ship and made them as large as possible to get see what the range would be. As soon as the ship jumped into the enemy system the horror started, less than a second later not only was the enemy gone, all the planets were gone too.

I have created a weapon that wipes entire solar systems worth of planets from existence instantly.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2013, 09:26:22 pm »

Oh, I remembered a proper easter egg one.

In the original Animal Crossing for Gamecube, when you took the boat to the island, there was apparently some incredibly small chance of coming across a fish shadow in the water that was absolutely massive. Many times larger than your boat. Since you only see it mid-boat ride there's no way to catch it, and it doesn't correspond to any fish programmed into the game.

I never actually saw it myself, but as someone who's always had a phobia of being in/near water with giant fish, the boat rides after I heard of this were rather...tense.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2013, 09:30:41 pm »

In the original Animal Crossing for Gamecube, when you took the boat to the island, there was apparently some incredibly small chance of coming across a fish shadow in the water that was absolutely massive. Many times larger than your boat. Since you only see it mid-boat ride there's no way to catch it, and it doesn't correspond to any fish programmed into the game.

I never actually saw it myself, but as someone who's always had a phobia of being in/near water with giant fish, the boat rides after I heard of this were rather...tense.

Huh, I've never heard of that. Any sources or discussions on it? Or just a rumor?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2013, 09:59:08 pm »

Huh, I've never heard of that. Any sources or discussions on it? Or just a rumor?

http://nookipedia.com/wiki/Whale

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2013, 10:04:16 pm »

As for my contribution, I'll say the heart of the Statue of Happiness in GTA4.

oh, huh, always heard the opposite. Good to know. :P

Also yeah the GTA4 heart is great.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2013, 12:13:16 am »

Speaking of LSD, jesus fucking christ the grey man gave me nightmares.

Wandering around the dark city...... When suddenly, you turn around and there's a guy in a fedora, and you're not sure what to do at first, so you just sit there and watch him. And then he shoots you.

The worst part is that getting shot wipes your dream log, which has implications.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2013, 12:59:03 am »

I just want to say, from that post alone, I kind've want to play LSD dream emulator now. I love surreal horrorish games.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5