Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advanced/Improved schedual and organiser noble  (Read 373 times)

louismoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Advanced/Improved schedual and organiser noble
« on: May 04, 2013, 02:53:31 pm »

Just in case something similar has been posted before, I did search but I couldnt find anything similar so please dont complain.

When first playing dwarf fortress I found organising militia training very complicated and confusing and I still cant make much sense of the schedule, I though it would be better to have some way of making a more detailed schedule. This would be on the same screen as before just changed by appointing an 'organiser' noble. This noble would need a office and uses the same skills as as a bookkeeper and manager.

The new option of the advanced training would mean you could designate your dwarves to train specific skills in each month instead of them randomly grabbing weapons and either sparring or going to individual combat drills. The things you could set to train would be the combat skills already in the game.

So it would work like this, say you make the squad train their sword skill in the month of granite, and everyone in that squad will pick up available/designated swords and train that skill in that month. Anyone without an available sword would just continue doing individual combat drills.

I do know the champion noble is already used for training, but in my experience I do not find him/her particularly useful and I think this new noble idea would be much better.

assasin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced/Improved schedual and organiser noble
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 05:29:01 pm »

A drillmaster I could see. But I don't see such a noble as specifly being used to change one menu. To access the menu maybe. If there was a drillmaster I him more as someone who has the highest teaching ability in your fort and would help train all of the squads. Of course that doesn't mean there can't be a UI update. I just don't see why they have to be linked.

louismoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced/Improved schedual and organiser noble
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 06:53:35 am »

Maybe they dont, I''m not saying if anything like this was implemented it would have to be exactly like this. These are obviously a few ideas I've had and thought it would be cool if something like this was implemented. Maybe the organiser could do other things as well. Another thing could be that the manager noble could do this as well as his job.