Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: The Islands of Misery: Another Turn  (Read 52362 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: One Death Short
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2013, 12:38:52 pm »

NOOO! I had so much plan for her.

Spoiler: Bah! (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2013, 12:40:40 pm »

"oh, god, what the heck did you just do? Why? What have I done?"
Check leg, stop bleeding if there is any.
Ask the weirdo lady the question above.
Try to figure out if the shirt thing can transform someone else.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2013, 02:37:08 pm »

Shy away from the commotion, and avoid launching stones at anyone.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2013, 03:16:10 pm »

Edmund sighs, lightly rubbing his knuckles.

"Well, I think I'll be going. More productive things to do and all that."

Walk south along the cliff, searching for anything interesting in the landscape.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: The Island of Misery
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2013, 05:45:21 pm »

"What a jerk. wait... this could be useful. Hey, um... you never did tell me your name did you. Whatever, anyway, so these socks have some kind of healing ability? Well, we have someone here I could try it out on and figure out how it works. Lets see here..."

Put the leather socks on, and try to heal the random guy's eye. listen to any advice given by the others on how to activate the ability.
The man just wanders off, muttering about productive things to do.

"Well, I've been through worse." Go and rap about my day.
[7-2+2] You rap well.

"Sweet.... do it some more to the guy.... actually... I bet it'll work better if you hug him... well you you don't mind hugging a guy with a withered leg."
Have Mylio hug the guy she touched. Unless someone else tries hurting me or her, then hug them instead. Do stuff to figure out this godifying enchanment while she's doing her thing.
"oh, god, what the heck did you just do? Why? What have I done?"
Check leg, stop bleeding if there is any.
Ask the weirdo lady the question above.
Try to figure out if the shirt thing can transform someone else.

"Oh, God, what the heck did you just do? Why? What have I done?"
"You...I dunno, actually."
"He'll pay for it! Hug him!"
"This will be the worst hug ever."
[6+2] The lady turns into a chipmunk! "Chut chew!" she chitters angrily as she tests to see if she can still warp when chippified. [1+2] Turns out, she can't. Chipmunks also seem to give really nice hugs, even if they get itchy.
[5+1-1] E.U. feels the power in his grasp for a second, but it slips away.

Wave to the nice people, then edge out of the door and press the button. if anyone comes towards me, aim at them before pressing the button.
[6-1+5] You point the club away and press the button. Out flies an emerald, which soars gracefully over the cliff's edge, leaving a trail of greenish fluid in its wake.

Shy away from the commotion, and avoid launching stones at anyone.
You back away, almost going over the edge.

Edmund sighs, lightly rubbing his knuckles.
"Well, I think I'll be going. More productive things to do and all that."
Walk south along the cliff, searching for anything interesting in the landscape.
[8] You see, far below, an island--a few times wider than the mountain, yet clearly boasting some signs of human habitation. Right next to the mountain on your side, you see far below a place where the earth is apparently disturbed from burying stuff there.

'.,*'',.;`,',.`
'.`',.`'.`,.*',
";.`,'"`.;,`:'.
'.-o'.`,;`'.:`'
;'*;'`"[,;'`.',
':.`*
--;--'`;,.
-.'`,|c@+|;';.,
':`.,
,@I++'*@.@
o;'`.|
+++|'*"@,
".`;,--+--'.`,:
;`';.@*
@.`':".`
'.-o'.`
@;`'.,`'
"`.,;'`".,;`".,
;`*'.;,`";.`'"@
"*;.,'*;,o.;"`,

-----

Statuses

-----

So nice to have quick updates...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2013, 06:26:34 pm »

"Um, Ok... well, he's crazy."
Ahrian turns around and looks over at the spear-bearing-girl.
"Hey, careful now, falling off that cliff would really suck."
Ahrian offers a hand to the spear-carrying girl, and watches in case she might stumble off the cliff.
If she does stumble off the cliff, try to catch her, but don't go so far as to dive off the cliff myself.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2013, 06:38:31 pm »

Challenge someone to a rap battle that isn't Superblast.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2013, 06:41:27 pm »

I refuse to take part in a rap battle.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2013, 09:42:14 pm »

((This looks fairly interesting!))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2013, 10:02:20 pm »

Back away from the edge, attempting not to bump anyone. Gaze out over the edge and look for a damned way down.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2013, 11:18:17 pm »

Try to find a way down. Preferably one that doesn't end in my death.

Also, be slightly willing to do rap battles, I guess.

Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 06, 2013, 01:05:47 am »

'Hey..... does anyone know the way down?'
Search for anyone who doesn't appear to want me dead. Propose a team up.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 06, 2013, 11:33:02 am »

".... Erm...."
Shrug
"that was strange"
Walk off and look for something intreresting.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 06, 2013, 12:53:08 pm »

"You was supposed to wither him like a slug! Not turn cute and furry! I'll just do it myself...."

Knock out the guy and steal his stuff. If anything looks fun dangerous, use it on him.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: End of an Era
« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2013, 08:18:14 pm »

"Um, Ok... well, he's crazy."
Ahrian turns around and looks over at the spear-bearing-girl.
"Hey, careful now, falling off that cliff would really suck."
Ahrian offers a hand to the spear-carrying girl, and watches in case she might stumble off the cliff.
If she does stumble off the cliff, try to catch her, but don't go so far as to dive off the cliff myself.
Back away from the edge, attempting not to bump anyone. Gaze out over the edge and look for a damned way down.
Ahrian reaches a hand to her new friend, or at least she thinks she's a friend. Faye steps back, considering how to get down. Well, there's nothing obvious on this side, [7+1] but there's clearly a rope on the other side of the mountain one could climb down...a little...

Challenge someone to a rap battle that isn't Superblast.
Try to find a way down. Preferably one that doesn't end in my death.

Also, be slightly willing to do rap battles, I guess.
Edmund contemplates ways to get down, but gets nowhere before Snow comes out of it and starts rapping!
Spoiler: Rap Battle III (click to show/hide)
Wow, for a rapper, Snow sucks at rap. Anyhoo, a point to Edmund from Snow.
As Billy Snow skulks off a bit, he hears a deathgroan from the building. Weird, normally he didn't notice others deaths. Weirder, he can see a strange item materializing. They're a pair of simple, dark blue, high-heeled boots. They come into half-being, float over to Billy, and merge onto him before solidifying. As they do so, he can hear the voices of half a dozen whispering in his ear. From the sound of it, they sound as confused as he does.

'Hey..... does anyone know the way down?'
Search for anyone who doesn't appear to want me dead. Propose a team up.
There are several options. Surprisingly few people are actively trying to kill you. There's those other women on the edge of the cliff, the rapper rapping against some kind of poet (and losing), and even those guys in the building aren't trying to kill you. You're paralyzed with indecision...Try being more specific.

".... Erm...."
Shrug
"that was strange"
Walk off and look for something intreresting.
"You was supposed to wither him like a slug! Not turn cute and furry! I'll just do it myself...."
Knock out the guy and steal his stuff. If anything looks fun dangerous, use it on him.
[9-3-1v3+1] Evil Unlucky swings at Ludian but is too slow to strike a crawling man. Pathetic. He curses at Mylio, who chitters angrily back, presumably complaining that she's not any more thrilled about the result than E.U. is. [3-3-1-1v10+1] Angrily, E.U. stomps over and smashes at the other man's head, [10+1+2v1-3-1;6+1v2-3] caving it in instantly. Hm, maybe "knocking out" someone requires a more...gentle touch? Still, something gives him a willie. Not the willies, just one. Maybe two.

The First Age has ended! The last survivor: Billy Snow!
As the Age of Confusion has ended, let the Second Age begin!

Nancy Albello Spawns!

Nancy screamed as she fell into the book, and then picked herself up. This wasn't the library, and it didn't look like the inside of any book she had seen. There were vines and a tree inside a solid-looking stone building, with a big, angry man standing over the corpse of a withered man with a crushed skull, and a chipmunk who looked somewhat irritated. Weird. Weirder, and that's a word that's being bandied about a lot, there's a fading sound of epic but ominous music. As Nancy stands up, she notices a weight on her back. It is a white, skull-shaped backpack, and in it is a little book with her face on it...
But that man...that mad man, he must die. She knew it.

'.,*'',.;`,',.`
'.`',.`'.`,.*',
";.`,'"`.;,`:'.
'.-o'.`,;`'.:`'
;'*;'`"[,;'`.',
':.`*
--@--'`;,.
-.'`,|c@+|;';.,
':`.,
+,I++'*'@:
o;'`.|
@++|'*"@,
".`;,--+--'.`,:
;`';.@*
@.`':".`
'.-o'.`
@;`'.,`'
"`.,;'`".,;`".,
;`*'.;,`";.`'@@
"*;.,'*;,o.;"`,

-----

Statuses

-----

Who wants to guess what ends eras?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27