Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: The Islands of Misery: Another Turn  (Read 52485 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: Neither Horse-Shoes Nor Hand-Grenades
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2013, 12:13:14 pm »

"idiots."
examine building. How tall is it? Is the roof flat? How hard would it be to climb up there?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2013, 03:05:55 pm »

Rip off Dakota's underwear triumphantly. THE POWER OF VINES ARE MIIIIINE!
I feel compelled to point out that there are no vine powers in dakotas pants. At least in a literal sense.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2013, 03:25:05 pm »

I feel compelled to point out that there are no vine powers in dakotas pants. At least in a literal sense.
They're on his pants, not in his pants.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2013, 03:34:19 pm »

Oh. You said they were his underwear :P

"Hm... need a better way off this island..."

Head back to Dakota. Punch him in the nuts. Steal vine creation device.
The vine creation device is my underwear. WHY THE HEEL WOULD YOU WANT TO STEAL IT!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2013, 03:39:56 pm »

I am Dakota, and I appear to have been framed....... :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2013, 04:22:57 pm »

Oh. You said they were his underwear :P

"Hm... need a better way off this island..."

Head back to Dakota. Punch him in the nuts. Steal vine creation device.
The vine creation device is my underwear. WHY THE HEEL WOULD YOU WANT TO STEAL IT!
They're on his underwear not in his underwear and I appear to be refering to myself in the third person. THis is getting really confusing.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: Spearplate
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2013, 09:16:31 pm »

Hit another button. If nothing happens, press and hold the vine button.
[10-2+1] You discover a pattern of buttons that seems to create a cursor that you can move around and select people with. Who do you want to select?

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH" Screams Lucky.... what? Of course he's gonna scream his arm just got cut off.
Pick up my arm and try to reattach it in hopes that I'm so lucky that by some miracle it actually works. If that fails to just do what i can to stop the bleeding.
((Luck don't fail me now.... like you just did.... well then again I might dead if my luck didn't help me))
You grab your arm and hold it against your stump. This causes your arm to fall to the ground again. You then see if you can stop the bleeding...somehow. You hope your Luck Powers can save you. [7-2+1-3] (Your Luck kicked in, but you don't really have much to work with.) Well, you don't make things worse...
[1-2+1] For all of Lucky's luck, he bleeds to death.
Lucky is Dead! He could use a better name.

'Loooooooot.......   Fezzy, give me strength.'
Attempt to steal the detatched pauldron, and lethally prevent Lucky from doing so.
oh, and if i get a chance, attempt to create some sort of healing device / new flesh to fill holes via means of my overalls. prioritize this if bleeding out roll goes badly.
Also, if bleeding out roll = death, impale self on halberd. hope for reanimation.
EDIT: Protect pants too.

You snatch the Snug Pauldron and [7-3] realize you're on the right track to activating your Overalls; you could probably do it next turn. You consider impaling yourself on the halberd...and decide you should. [5-1] You worsen the bleeding, then feel a rush of power as Lucky dies. Gosh darn it...
[2+2-2] You bleed out. It should be noted that his attempt at suicide merely accelerated the inevitable.
Dakota Jones is dead! Not often someone is killed by their own weapon by someone else while they're wielding it.

You decide to wait until he dies and stops waving his thing around, but then you strip off his overalls and rip off perfectly mundane underwear! Hoorah!
Nut.
Anyways, from causing the death of Dakota, though he tried to take his own life, you did do it in a cool manner...I'll give you a Loot and a Karma Point.
You get a blunt screwdriver.

...Please act like you think you're a magical girl.
(Can do)
Thanks for the enthusiasm!

"Okay, I need to keep my real name hidden sooo in this form, I'm Princess Silver!"

Look for my cute animal mascot.
[8-1] Hm. Maybe you're the kind of magical girl who doesn't have a cute animal mascot?

"idiots."
examine building. How tall is it? Is the roof flat? How hard would it be to climb up there?
Hm. It seems to have a rounded roof, and the walls are about 30 feet high. You might be able to climb it, but that would require somehow getting a rope or something to climb up. And before you get ideas, the vines are on the inside of the building and don't go nearly high enough.

Faye and Kyle Johnson Spawn!

Faye wakes up, confused and uncomfortable. The comic book she was reading last night is still clutched in her hand, and she's wearing what she wore to bed, but...this isn't home. Where is this? And what is this thing on her chest? It seems like it is some kind of weird...thing. Its main part is a two-ended spear, covered in lots of chains, including a short one connecting one end to a hollow thing like a little breastplate which is around Faye's torso.
Kyle Johnson stands, vaguely aware of his past and surroundings. And the fact that he is wearing a pair of red leather pants with these glass rods loosely attached to the upper thighs. He hears a rapper snickering, although since he seems to be wearing a one-piece bathing suit under his hoodie he doesn't have a lot of room to laugh.

'.,*'',.;`,',.`
'.`',.`'.`,.*',
";.`,'"`.;,`:'.
'.-o'.`,;`'.,`'
;'*;'`".,;'`.',
':.`*
--;--'`;,.
'.'`
@|@`+|@'`.,
':`.,
",*@+'*'.:
o;'`.|++
@|'*";,
".`;,--+--'.`,:
;`';.:*
@@`':".`
'.-o'.`
@;`'.,`'
"`.,;'`".,;`".,
;`*'.;,`";.`'",
"*;.,'*;,o.;"`,

-----

Statuses

-----

Cool. That Spearplate is an excellent example of the cool stuff that this generator can come up with.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2013, 09:24:57 pm »

Inner thoughts : "I don't know you but now I'm going to hurt you!"
Kyle looks for a weapon.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2013, 09:25:43 pm »

((Could you PM me the generator? I'd like to see how this works.))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2013, 09:27:23 pm »

Select Kyle because of his obvious lack of fashion sense.
Sigtext

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2013, 09:28:17 pm »

Head west, hide behind boulder. Check properties of screwdriver.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2013, 09:38:06 pm »

((Could you PM me the generator? I'd like to see how this works.))
I would, but it's currently on half a dozen sheets of partly crumpled, college-ruled, double-columned, double-sided notebook paper (with each column often having a main and subtable. It doesn't fit well into my USB port, but I can give you a brief overview:
Spoiler: Overview (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2013, 10:03:16 pm »

Thoughts: "Oh, ah, oh gods, where am I? And... Eeek! This dosen't make any sense! I-I-I guess since I heave a weapon, it's going to be OK, but this is so cumbersome...

Attempt to wield spear any way possible. If I can comfortably grab it and swing it around usefully, stab it into the ground and attempt to figure out what it does. If it's too short to be of any use, try to activate it while it's in my hands, and use it as defense if I'm attacked.

"Uh, everyone is armed... don't hurt me? Please? I-I can be of help, I promise, I, just, uh... I'm not good with fighting, you know, and... I'm kinda afraid. Like, need-a-Scooby-Snack-or-seven afraid.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2013, 01:15:46 am »

Name: Evil Unlucky
Appearance: Big and powerful!
Personality: He's evil... but his luck sucks! Most definitely a lolicon.
Background: Read above!

Agi 13
Clv 13
Dex 13
Lor  3
Luk 3
Per 13
Str 13
Tuf 13

Traits (if any): Nemesis
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2013, 03:33:23 am »

Spoiler: app (click to show/hide)

And looking over the character sheets....... what happened to the skill point limit ???
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 03:40:57 pm by sjm9876 »

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27