Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: The Islands of Misery: Another Turn  (Read 52492 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: Spawn
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 05:40:45 pm »

Alright, now that I've triple-posted we're ready to start.

-----

The people appear within a small building, about 20 feet across, give or take a few feet depending on if you count from the outside or inside.

'.,*'',.;`,',.`,
'.`',.`'.`,.*',
";.`,'"`.;,`:'.
'.-o'.`,;`'.,`'
;'*;'`".,;'`.',
':.`*--+--'`;,.
'.'`,|
@+@|;'`.,
':`.,+
@O++'*'.:
o;'`.|
@@@|'*";,
".`;,--+--'.`,:
;`';.:*'.`':".`
'.-o'.`,;`'.,`'
"`.,;'`".,;`".,
;`*'.;,`";.`'",
"*;.,'*;,o.;"`

Each of them had something, or somethings, that they didn't before.

Ace Grave, survivor of far worse than this, had a pair of silvery greaves strapped over her fatigue pants. They looked like silver but were a lot lighter than that worthlessly precious metal. They didn't seem very odd compared to what some of the other people had.
Billy Snow, a rapper whose skills are as horrible as his attitude, realized that his hoodie and sneakers were all that remained of his rappin' gear. Underneath the hoodie was a white one-piece bathing suit unlike any he had seen before. It was made of thick, white rubber, and felt like something less bendable was within it. Most oddly was a series of plastic buttons in the front like a remote control!
Dakota Jones, searching for fame, had instead found a number of odd objects. In his hands was a large poleaxe similar to a halberd, but with a spear at each end and many further spikes along its haft. He was also wearing a pair of wooden overalls, made of planks with linen for the joints. Most interestingly, of course, was his fez, but he had that for much longer and got it in another story.
Freeform the Scholar saw nothing immediately odd in his possession until he shifted an arm and noted that his shirt was much less comfortable. It had been replaced by one made of a yellow, plasticky substance! How strange. Not quite as uncomfortable as you'd think, but more so than a nice, cotton shirt would have been.
Lucky was another with two items, both slightly influenced in appearance if not function by a past life. One was a tall, brown hat which looked like an angel in the form of a young girl in a dress, and the other was a pair of pink-and-black pauldrons*, each engraved "Lu & Li," which fit quite tightly over his shoulders and would have looker menacing if they weren't so silly.
Finally, Ludian had two other items. Over his suit was a normal-looking set of chain mail in the form of a shirt, which would provide a bit of extra protection at the cost of fashion. The other was, oddly enough, a damp, dirty, and inexplicably chilly rag.

The six looked at each other and planned their first moves...

*Those shoulder thingies. Am I spelling it right?

-----

Statuses

-----

Wow. Rolling up these items is a lot of fun, especially to music. TopHat, the music hit a crescendo when rolling up one item, and boy does it fit...
What were you listening too?
Some playlist of "legendary" songs. I think it was the soundtrack from one of the Star Wars movies.

Oh, and superBLAST: You can have a lot more Attribute points spent.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 06:05:36 pm »

Dang it! I missed it. I'll make a character later for the wait list.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 07:54:53 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 06:38:28 pm »

Dang it! I missed it. I'll make a character later for the wait list.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: A Game of Loot and Goals
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 06:48:09 pm »

If there's room, or waitlist, as this looks quite fun:

Spoiler: Faye (click to show/hide)

((Damn, ninjad by five posts.))
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 06:53:44 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 06:51:54 pm »

Freeform makes a Lore roll to determine the properties of his shirt. He also moves through the northern door out of the building.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 07:03:04 pm »

Spoiler: Tardy to the pardy (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 07:11:24 pm »

Freeform makes a Lore roll to determine the properties of his shirt. He also moves through the northern door out of the building.
An action! What a novel sight!

On a more serious note, I hope it's a good thing that there are so many waitlisters...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 07:36:31 pm »

Look for a way out... and get out of the building to get away from the other people for now. Then try to figure out much my stuff does.

((And on my stats... just add 3 to everything and then add the 3 left over points to Lore.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 09:09:55 pm »

Can you tell us what color we are?

Press the top button on the suit.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 09:15:42 pm »

((There's rollover text.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 09:25:48 pm »

((There's rollover text.))
I also tried to make the colors match the person. For instance, Billy Snow is white.
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 09:32:10 pm »

((WHY AM I YELLOW, THEN??))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 09:50:32 pm »

((WHY AM I YELLOW, THEN??))
Because no colors really seemed to fit.
Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 02:34:21 am »

Damn. I can't read rollover text on this thing.
*clicks quote post* ahahah black I get it.
Exit building via NE exit, if indeed an exit that is.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 02:40:11 am »

Check my greaves and then walk west till I see something of interest or hazard.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27