Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: The Islands of Misery: Another Turn  (Read 52352 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: Unlucky Death
« Reply #300 on: June 16, 2013, 11:48:32 am »

Roll around a bit.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 16, 2013, 12:06:22 pm »

Hand Ahrian a cup of tea, bask in the goodness of tea.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 16, 2013, 12:39:40 pm »

Take the shirt, without wearing it. Await the Return of Lucky, and reward him with his loot when possible.

Examine sapphire power badge, and assign both points to lowest stat.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2013, 03:19:33 pm »

Hmm... Would it be possible to get a trait that'd give me a bonus when I kill someone in the name of justice(or, in self defense, I guess. But justice sounds better), but subtracts from an attribute when I kill someone without provocation?
That sounds like a nice idea. The only question is, how would I objectively determine when such a thing is?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 16, 2013, 03:27:16 pm »

Hmm... Would it be possible to get a trait that'd give me a bonus when I kill someone in the name of justice(or, in self defense, I guess. But justice sounds better), but subtracts from an attribute when I kill someone without provocation?
That sounds like a nice idea. The only question is, how would I objectively determine when such a thing is?
Maybe if the person's wounded my character (or maybe also other people's?) for no real reason other than greed or random violence?
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 16, 2013, 04:45:47 pm »

"Well... I guess this isn't the worst bloodbath I've seen, and I didn't even inadvertently cause this one... Although this is not quite what I expected from a MYSTERIOUS TOME."
Calmly exit the building through the nearest door, and then try to figure out if my weapon has any special properties.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 17, 2013, 09:14:29 am »

Well, take a point from a random stat. Loot Unlucky and put on his gold shirt. also wander around making vines again.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2013, 11:04:22 am »

Well, take a point from a random stat. Loot Unlucky and put on his gold shirt. also wander around making vines again.

Threaten him over the shirt, but don't actually fight for it. Hand it over if it leads to a fight. (I don't care all that much about the shirt, so feel free to have it.)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 17, 2013, 10:44:49 pm »

Maybe if the person's wounded my character (or maybe also other people's?) for no real reason other than greed or random violence?
Since I'd really like to add more traits, I'll add something like this to the OP. I'll call it "Just".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 18, 2013, 10:03:42 pm »

who are we waiting on?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 20, 2013, 11:58:21 am »

Could I get a trait that gave me a bonus to Lor on mechanical items but a negitive on ancient, magical items?

Call it Mechanics Eye: Mchn for short?

If yes add it too my character please

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 20, 2013, 11:58:51 am »

Name: Charles McGuffin
Apperance: A wild, adventurous man in his 30's. Wears suspenders and has aviator goggles with a leather cap (safety first!)
Background: Charles was raised as a proper victorian-era gentleman at 18 he began working with gears, wings, steam, and other contraptions. multiple failed attempts at flying were rewarded one day as his (now known as steampunkish) flying contraption took off. 15 seconds into the ride he disappeared and wound up where ever the heck we all are now.

Agi:8
Clv:15
Dex:12
Lor:13
Luk:10
Per:10
Str:9
Tuf:7

Trait: None. Unless Mechanics Eye gets approved

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 20, 2013, 01:51:41 pm »

I came up with three new trait ideas, if you're still looking:

Undead (Or maybe Vampire):
Every few turns, for example 3, an Undead goes without killing, they lose a skill point. However, they gain extra skill points from kills and every kill all the points they lost are restored.

Guardian:
A Guardian is assigned to a random player at spawn. The guardian will lose several skill points if that player dies, but get extra points for protecting their target.

Soul Linked:
A step up from guardian. When two people who pick Soul Linked spawn, they are linked. From this point, their skill points are linked. If one gains a skill point, they both do, if one loses a skill point, they both do, but if one dies they both will die.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 20, 2013, 04:18:55 pm »

Another trait idea.

Collector - Bonus skill points are based solely on how much loot they have. The more loot they have in their possession the more skill points they have, but if they lose their loot, they lose their skill points too.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 20, 2013, 04:44:41 pm »

Another one:

Make Rap, Not War: Killing people has no effect on you, but you are unaffected by losing a rap battle.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27