Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 62

Author Topic: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game  (Read 105886 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game
« Reply #450 on: June 20, 2013, 08:59:39 am »

I know let's add

Web-spinning
+1. It's yours. You can have it.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 20, 2013, 09:15:53 am »

Faster

Stronger

More Agile

Bone blades on it's wings

Better protection

Are we allowed to +1 ourselves?

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 20, 2013, 09:19:20 am »

Symbiotise trees
Make cattle digest wood

+1
I know let's add

Web-spinning
+1

Better brains

Faster

+1

These things would be terrifying  in real life
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 20, 2013, 09:38:59 am »

GUYS. WE ARE BECOMING INTELLIGENT, FLYING, OMNIVOROUS SPIDER-SQUID. HOLY FUCKING GOD.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 20, 2013, 09:39:54 am »

So are those +1s to my ideas, Gamerlord?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 20, 2013, 09:40:23 am »

FUCK YES.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 20, 2013, 09:41:57 am »

Symbiotise trees
Make cattle digest wood
+1
I know let's add
Web-spinning
+1
Better brains
Faster

+1
These things would be terrifying  in real life
+ another 1

Parisitise balloons x2
+1, sort of. Only instead of using them as highly explosive hive base thingies, we use our new web ability and mini-forms to exploit the hell out of them. String up webs between them, possibly between them and the trees, consider evolving a moustache and the ability to cackle as the larger, presumably clumsier and less-guided-by-minions-and-non-sight-senses flying predator species stumble around the skies. Between that and the earlier suggestion we get suction cups, (+1ing that, btw), we should be able to develop a whole new form of mini-us, based around sticking on to balloons, trees and the like then ambushing others when they get hampered by webs.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 20, 2013, 09:45:41 am »

Okay, so we've got a few metric effloads of stuff. The current things are:

Parisitise trees x2
Symbiotise trees x7
Parasitise EVERYTHING with hive spores controlling their minds x3
Make cattle digest wood x4
Parisitise balloons x3
Faster x4
Strength x1
Suction cups for climbing x2
Intelligence x4
Better swimming x1
Web-spinning x5
Bladed wings x1
Armour x1

Staying here x1

Just in case anyone has any last +1s. UPDATES SHALL SOON.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 20, 2013, 09:48:38 am »

Waaait.

+1 to web spinning, parasitise ballons and intelligence

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 20, 2013, 09:49:38 am »

Suction cups get a +1.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 20, 2013, 09:50:16 am »

Parisitise trees x2
Symbiotise trees x7
Parasitise EVERYTHING with hive spores controlling their minds x3
Make cattle digest wood x4
Parisitise balloons x3
Faster x4
Strength x1
Suction cups for climbing x2
Intelligence x4
Better swimming x1
Web-spinning x5
Bladed wings x1
Armour x1

Staying here x1

Just in case anyone has any last +1s. UPDATES SHALL SOON.

I +1 anything that can b by me

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 20, 2013, 09:58:23 am »

Okay, I am now satisfied with the +1s. Someone post so I can get up the next update.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 20, 2013, 09:59:36 am »

Boobies.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 20, 2013, 10:18:27 am »

EVOLUTION ATTEMPTS: Symbiotise trees- 1+2=3, Hive spore mind control- 5, Parasitise balloons- 2, Cattle caste wood digestion- 4, Speed- 2, Suction cups- 4, Intelligence- 6+1=7, Web-spinning- 5+1

Webber slicers have recently evolved in the forests of the continent. These animals are highly intelligent, and play a large part in the ecosystem. Their hives have another caste, the radio caste, which imbeds itself in the brains of other flyers and controls their behaviour. Herbivores of all kinds now gather into one spot, becoming herds that the webbers keep together. These creatures also create webs, gluing balloons together to create fields for their livestock to graze on and trapping animals to be eaten. The massive success of these animals has meant more energy to go to brains, and they now are intelligent enough to have true pack hunting instead of mobs.

Cattle caste guidelings can now digest wood. This takes a lot of time, though, and other food sources are available. It does, however, help break down the wood slightly.

Strangely enough, the concentration of herbivores has in fact made the forest even denser, by letting more light to the forest floor and spreading balloon seeds through the area. The trees are even more purple than before, to cope with the increasing lack of green light. However, there is a problem growing. CO2 is being used up and trapped in the rotting wood, turning the climate colder. The other problem is that higher decomposition rates (thanks to cattle guidelings) is creating layers of methane on the forest floor, killing off many ground-dwelling species. This, alongside the increased density of hydrogen balloons and decrease in thunderstorms and lightning, is starting to turn the forest into a veritable time bomb.

GENERATION 22:
Webber slicer
A mottled purple-and-green bird-like animal that hunts above the swampforest. They use their fanged tentacles to attack and kill their prey. They mostly fly. They grow up to 40 centimetres long, and their offspring are called tentaclets. They use two claws on their back to snatch prey from the ground or air.
SOCIAL: They work together to chase or ambush prey. They put their hives together, so whole swarms of guidelets can protect them.
SENSES: It has a sense of touch that lets it figure out if it's touching food, and an extremely good sense of smell/taste. Symbiotic guidelings help it find live prey. A keen electrical sense lets it find creatures that are close to it, and it can feel vibrations from moving creatures. Its hearing is superb, and it can echolocate.
REPRODUCTION: It 'kisses' a mate it approves of, passing male cells to it, and growths grow inside of the womb. Tentaclets follow their mother until they can be dropped off at their hive. They eat mucus that the hive creates and, when they are large enough, find a suitable guideling to make a nest with.
MOVEMENT: They fly by using their front wings to glide and their back wings as engines. They have two legs on their underside.
EATING: It impales small animals and digests them by drawing them into the guts. They are able to prey on fast swimmers, and they  use venom. Most of their food is from grazing worms and the dense vegetation. Other prey include land-dwelling spearfaced worms (slitherers) and other flappers. We can use a precise jet of neurotoxin, laced with silica shards (to pierce the skin), to kill prey.
PREDATION: We are mostly unpredated.
COMPETITION: We are currently the dominant predator of our environment.
ENVIRONMENT: A massive swampy forest, with torrential downpour and balloons filling the sky.

HOME TERRITORY:  Swamp forest
NEARBY ENVIRONMENTS: Montane forest, saltwater swamp, swamp forest on another continent, cold forest

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 20, 2013, 10:18:41 am »

Hehehe permanently enlarged mammary glands acting as secondary sexual characteristics to attract mates
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 62