Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62

Author Topic: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game  (Read 105971 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game
« Reply #345 on: May 28, 2013, 10:17:19 pm »

Make a 'swarm' guideling caste. Covered in tiny spines and bearing small wings. Carry them on the main creature and use them as bombs.
Improve our agility while in the air.
Improve our poison into a device that launches small stinger proectiles at opponents.

Or combine them with this and cover them with our poison first.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2013, 11:03:38 pm »

Develop iridophores on the outer skin. They're cells that reflect light for camouflage. Squid use them, so they should work well underwater. Dunno about how that much that would benefit the slicers while flying.

EDIT: +1 to improved agility and spitting poison, as well as the new caste
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:07:39 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 29, 2013, 04:16:52 am »

Improve our poison into a device that launches small stinger proectiles at opponents.

+1 to that.

We should move inside land, or anywhere there is enough water to sustain us. Conquer the world!
Yeah, that means longer flight time and somehow moving the hives.

-1 to suicide bombers.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2013, 05:53:34 pm »

Is this dead?
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2013, 08:07:44 pm »

I hope not.  I only just found this and it's bloody good.  :D

Make a 'swarm' guideling caste. Covered in tiny spines and bearing small wings. Carry them on the main creature and use them as bombs.

Or combine them with this and cover them with our poison first.
+1 to this, by the by.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 13, 2013, 10:55:21 pm »

Yay this is still - oh just a bump.
Err...
I hope this is revived.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2013, 09:39:11 am »

Yeah, it is revived. I was planning to get it up again, but yeah, procrastination.

Current vote list:

VOTES-

Aerial agility x6
Stinger-gun x6
Size x1
Swarm caste x4
Develop light-reflector cells on skin for camouflage x1
Mobile hives x1
Longer flight x1

Move to shore x1

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2013, 09:59:14 am »

+ to camo and size.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2013, 12:13:24 pm »

Suggestion: stop hitting the already-procrastinating OP with new suggestions until he catches up with where we already are.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2013, 12:14:02 pm »

I'm not. They're on the list already.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2013, 12:27:05 pm »

Just wait for the update.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2013, 01:58:24 pm »

I'm not. They're on the list already.

They were on the list at 1 support, minimum to pass is 2, which they now have.  That's new things he gets to deal with now.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 14, 2013, 02:10:26 pm »

EVOLUTION ATTEMPTS: Aerial agility- 4+1=5, Stinger-gun- 5+1=6, Swarm caste- 3

Waspsting slicers are a new breed of aerial predator. They can shoot silica shards from their neurotoxin jets, turning a weapon that only affects the already-injured into a lethal and terrifying weapon. They have also developed a neck, enabling them to aim better and fly better. Their wings are stronger and larger, and rounded similarly to a hawk's. They dominate the sky, although larger predators often compete with them.

Hives are still underwater-with-landing-pad, and the guidelings are all still relatively the same.

A dramatic change has happened to the environment. Where once there were algal plains, there are now hugely dense swamp forests. The trees have affected the environment by making it much more humid, and we now have to survive in a rainforest environment. The sky balloons are far more common with this torrential downpour, and the trees below have a purple tinge (from symbiotic algae) to help them absorb more light. This change in environment is generally bad for us, as it's harder to locate our hives and it's hard to get through the canopy. The guidelings' gliding skills mean that they're doing better than ever, however. Some new species are doing away with their slicers altogether, and/or vice versa.

GENERATION 20:
Waspsting slicer
A grey bird-like animal that hunts above the swampforest. They use their fanged tentacles to attack and kill their prey. They mostly fly. They grow up to 40 centimetres long, and their offspring are called tentaclets. They use two claws on their back to snatch prey from the ground or air.
SENSES: It has a sense of touch that lets it figure out if it's touching food, and an extremely good sense of smell/taste. Symbiotic guidelings help it find live prey. A keen electrical sense lets it find creatures that are close to it, and it can feel vibrations from moving creatures. Its hearing is superb, and it can echolocate.
REPRODUCTION: It 'kisses' a mate it approves of, passing male cells to it, and growths grow inside of the womb. Tentaclets follow their mother until they can be dropped off at their hive. They eat mucus that the hive creates and, when they are large enough, find a suitable guideling to make a nest with.
MOVEMENT: They fly by using their large pectoral fins as wings and their thorachic fins as engines. They have two legs on their underside.
EATING: It impales small animals and digests them by drawing them into the guts. They are able to prey on fast swimmers, and they  use venom. Most of their food is from grazing worms and the dense vegetation. Other prey include land-dwelling spearfaced worms (slitherers) and other flappers. We can use a precise jet of neurotoxin, laced with silica shards (to pierce the skin), to kill prey.
PREDATION: We are mostly unpredated.
COMPETITION: Larger aerial predators sometimes compete with us, but we're generally fine.
ENVIRONMENT: A massive swampy forest, with torrential downpour and balloons filling the sky.

HOME TERRITORY:  Swamp forest
NEARBY ENVIRONMENTS: Montane forest, saltwater swamp

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2013, 02:12:31 pm »

Right. Get the hive onto the pand and possibly into the trees ASAP.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2013, 02:15:06 pm »

If anyone's wondering, by the way, these trees were introduced as spores by some of our more migratory cousins.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62