Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can you get dwarves to drink at tables?  (Read 8324 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can you get dwarves to drink at tables?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 01:48:05 pm »

I put a small drink stockpile in my dining area that is linked to a much bigger stockpile so that it is constantly full. As my dining halls are always cross-shaped, I put those little stockpiles in the corners. Here's a picture, using Phoebus tileset:

You have a lot of stills there.  How do you ensure your dwarves don't just convert all plants to drink instead of saving some pig tails for thread, for example?

Press [z]
tab over to 'kitchen'
From here you can toggle cooking and brewing permissions on every piece of food in your fort.  Don't want your biscuits to be made of anything but tallow? Don't want to brew the pig tails? Toggle it and make it so!
I put a small drink stockpile in my dining area that is linked to a much bigger stockpile so that it is constantly full. As my dining halls are always cross-shaped, I put those little stockpiles in the corners. Here's a picture, using Phoebus tileset:

For some reason that reminds me of Hogwarts  ???

Wow you focused on REALLLY different things than me.

My first reaction was: there are at least 2 dead dwarves I can see in the dining room. I'm pretty sure that is a dead baby near the middle. The dwarf in the screeny is horribly mangled and custom named "Squidtamer". Yet the Duke? Count? seems to be having a calm drink and there is no tantrum spiral visible.

What the hell is going on in this fort??!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:51:00 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 03:26:54 pm »

You have a lot of stills there.  How do you ensure your dwarves don't just convert all plants to drink instead of saving some pig tails for thread, for example?

Press [z]
tab over to 'kitchen'
From here you can toggle cooking and brewing permissions on every piece of food in your fort.  Don't want your biscuits to be made of anything but tallow? Don't want to brew the pig tails? Toggle it and make it so!

For some reason that reminds me of Hogwarts  ???

Wow you focused on REALLLY different things than me.

My first reaction was: there are at least 2 dead dwarves I can see in the dining room. I'm pretty sure that is a dead baby near the middle. The dwarf in the screeny is horribly mangled and custom named "Squidtamer". Yet the Duke? Count? seems to be having a calm drink and there is no tantrum spiral visible.

What the hell is going on in this fort??!

Thank Armok, I am not the only one who is wondering

Everyone lese seeme to take it in stride
"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 08:11:05 pm »

I put a small drink stockpile in my dining area that is linked to a much bigger stockpile so that it is constantly full. As my dining halls are always cross-shaped, I put those little stockpiles in the corners.

Your design for dining rooms is one of my favorites by far.

There's a simple trick you can use to reduce the ludicrous time consumption of drinking - enroll all civilians apart from miners, woodcutters and hunters in 'no-uniform' squads with no duties and set their provisions to 'carry any drink' and 'carry no food'. They'll pick up and use waterskins/flasks, and a drink happens almost instantaneously, i.e. it takes an in-game minute or two instead of several days.

Great tip!  I was thinking of switching to civilian off-duty militia to rid them of slowly degrading clothing.  Nice to see another bonus for it, too.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:16:08 pm by VerdantSF »

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 08:20:07 pm »

strange... you was supposed to be the only one wondering...
Only 3 non-psychopaths can survive at the same time here...
In a time before time, I had a name.

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 11:31:34 pm »

You obviously haven't read my past posts.....
"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 07:43:56 pm »

You obviously haven't read my past posts.....
Nice! Now you know why I said 3...
I'm not exactly sane also... well, forget.
In a time before time, I had a name.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 12:13:12 am »

no one noticed the ghost?

also leaving stills on [R] isn't a big deal.  Plump helmets, fisher berries, and strawberries are exclusively used for brewing year round.  Whip vines, pig tails, rope reeds, and dwarven/longland wheat are brewed when I have surpluses of them (which is a lot).
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku
Pages: 1 [2]