Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: GhoulBusters: THE UNFORTUNATE SLEEP STASIS  (Read 6062 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
GhoulBusters: THE UNFORTUNATE SLEEP STASIS
« on: May 02, 2013, 01:57:59 pm »

Looking For Work

Anything Ghost-like, Ghoulish, or generally Creepy

Call at 555-GHO-STLY

Yeah, that seems like a good enough poster. Now to post it up around the city. Maybe you'll beat your record for the circuit. You step out of the office you made from scratch, if only to get some privacy for your co-workers. Suddenly, the Company Phone starts ringing! Everyone dives for the landline, leaving you to step carefully over the mess of people on the ground. Office workers were never known for their superior leaping distance. You pick up the phone and hear hysterics on the other end.

"I-i-is this GhostCrue? I-I'm terribly sorry to be bothering you at this hour, but I'm in a lot of trouble right now."

You take a moment to do a fist-bump with one of your co-workers on the floor, and ask her to tell you everything.

"Well, it started when I had my lawyer, Felix Ridge, over to my place for dinner. He agreed to come, as we were to discuss the payment for my most recent legal endeavour. So far I've had 12 husbands, all of them divorced. Anyway, we were in the middle of the second course, when he gave me the bill. He expected ME, Valerie Thorson, to pay him Two-Hundred and Thirty-Six Thousand dollars for a Divorce Case! I refused, naturally, but he didn't just leave in a huff or try to plain steal the money like the others did, no, HE stood up, grabbed a knife, and cut a strange star shape into the Roast Beef! He began chanting in who knows what language for who knows how long, before my Butler came and ushered him out of the house. I just thought he was crazy! But now..."

She stops talking for a moment, and you urge her to continue.

"Things have...happened. Furniture coming to life, things flying across rooms, food being eaten, and worst of all, my money is slowly disappearing from the vault in my room! I think ghosts have invaded my home, and I heard that you were the people to go to if we had problems like this. I want you to get rid of the ghosts, find out who did this, and...do something with them! I can't take all this stress..."

You reassure her that you're a professional, and you'll be there with your team to check the place out as soon as you get your gear together. In the meantime, she should stay at a hotel or something, and meet you there later.

"Thank you. I will pay greatly, I just want this all to end!"

You hang up the phone. Now to fill out the paperwork...

TL:DR, Now, what the hell is this?
Welcome to GHOULBUSTERS! This is going to be a Ghost-Hunting Roll To Dodge with the Atmosphere of Ghostbusters and the Gameplay of Luigi's Mansion! 6 people will be going on the first job, with waitlisters getting the first priority on the Second Job.

That sounds Swell, but what are we supposed to do?
There will be a variety of goals each mission, with some being mandatory to completion, and others being challenges set by the Waitlisters, your Co-workers, in bets. If you complete them, you get money, if you attempt them and fail them, you lose money from the Job, and it goes to that player in the next mission they're in. You can choose to not even attempt them, and not risk your money, though.

Cool, but How do I join GhostCrue?
Well, you just have to fill out the Form BELOW:
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Okay, So, While I'm Filling This Out, What Are We Facing Here?
Well, it all depends on the job. There are thousands of Ghost Species out there, and you never know what you'll find when you make a house call. As you collect ghosts without destroying them, you can bring them back for research, and put them in the Data Banks. At any time, you can check it out via your Watch.

My Watch?
Yes, your watch. It's been fitted with a Scanning Software that can house any data found on any ghost brought back, and can scan a site to gain the floor plans for it, giving you a view of your surroundings. Plus, we've given them all voices! The problem is, we could only get a few people in to do the voices on our low budget. You'll see.

So, I need Gear, eh? So, What do I get?
Well, we don't provide the gear for you. Considering this will be your first mission, you still need to buy your gear. We've given you 100$ to spend on ParaNormalTM.com. We've managed to get a discount on some of the older models, so the more work you do, the the higher and more frequent the discounts wil be. Here's the link.

So now that I've got my gear, how do we fight ghosts?
God. Do I have to explain everything? Well, if you manage to stun a ghost with your flashlight, then you get a chance to catch it. Your Vacuum has a built in dice-roller that decides how well the catch intro goes. If it goes well, then you can continue the fight, rolling your pulling force against its pulling force. If you lose enough battles, it'll escape your grasp and head back into the house. BUT, the more bouts you win, the more of the Ghosts' Heath Force will deplete. Once you deplete it's health, you'll suck it up and keep it in the base of your Vacuum. When you get back to the office, you'll release your ghosts into our research facility. Don't worry, they're kept in Ecto-Proof boxes.

Why dice?
Fuck if I know. Now, are you ready to go bust some Ghouls?

One last thing.
WHAT.

What does the sheet mean by Rankings and what are the Strategies?
Well...
Here, you get paid based on your ranking in the office. For every mission you complete, you go up a rank, and get a higher salary. You can also gain rankings when off-duty, by doing things around the office and around town, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. As for the strategies, the Researcher strategy mainly takes place when Off-Duty. You are one of the few people who have a key to the Research Chambers. After a Mission, you can study the ghosts, and gain information about them. Weak Spots, Strengths, Stats, etc. Until you send it to your co-workers, you are the only one who knows this information. The downside is, you aren't much of a powerhouse, and your vacuum compensates by rolling a die from 0-5 instead of 1-6. As a Gadgeteer, you can disassemble your and your co-workers' gear, and attempt to rebuild them into more powerful models. You can attempt this once per job, and can hone your skills with the robotics lab in the back. You're not exactly the fastest, though, and you have a disadvantage when it comes from escaping attacking ghosts. As Muscle, you're built to handle ghosts. Your Vacuum will compensate and roll a 2-7 die. The downside is, you kinda have a habit of...destroying ghosts when you capture them. As a Runner, you have an advantage when attacked, but can't handle physical damage, and take twice as much damage from it. As the Leader, you're...well, pretty normal. Nothing really special. BUT, as the Hider, you get to blend into shadows. You're virtually unseen by anyone, as long as you're standing still. However, you're a prime target for attackers.

That about does it. I'd better go suit up.
You do that.

Active Players:
SomeStupidGuy
Persus13
Dwarmin
Chink
Brood
Anailater

In-Office Thread
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:21:04 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GhoulBusters: An Adventure Into Teamwork and Broken Promises! 4/6
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 01:58:21 pm »

Reserved for likely future use!

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 02:13:07 pm »

Reserved.

Name: Alexandria Kitty. (( My wife is playing this game, me playing a girl would be weird ))
Appearance: 5 ft 9 with long brown hair down to the small of her back and warm brown eyes, has a slim but full figure and a soft kind face that has stopped more then 1 passing man in his tracks.
Why Did You Join GhostCrue?: A ghost haunted her bedroom when she was little but one day she scared the ghost so badly it left and she discovered she enjoys scaring people, she worked as a lingerie model when she first got out of school but after a few years she decided she needed more excitement in her life, beware her temper, you'll know whats coming when she stops flirting and starts to look excited.
Ghost Hunting Strategy: Muscle
GhostCrue Rank: 1
Salary: 100$ Per Job
Flashlight Model: Basic Flashlight
EctoVac Model: Proton-Pack
Jumpsuit Colour: Pink and several sizes to small so it shows every curve of her body and doesn't close completely at her chest.
Cash On Hand: 0
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:50:46 pm by Brood »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 03:04:57 pm »

Name: Bruce Thomson
Appearance: Brown hair, blue eyes, glasses. Hair goes halfway down head on both sides, has a mustache. Likes to wear T-shirts in black and jeans in black as well.
Why Did You Join GhostCrue?: It's a paycheck and it has a lot of room or advancement.
Ghost Hunting Strategy: Hider.
GhostCrue Rank: 1 (Leave This)
Salary: 100$ Per Job (This Too)
Flashlight Model: Blue-Light.
EctoVac Model: Poltergust 1500.
Jumpsuit Colour: Black.
Cash On Hand: 100$ (Leaf Dis 2)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 03:05:59 pm »

Name: Gerome Blue
Appearance: Long brown hair and green eyes, youngish at 25, looks spindly but agile. Usually wears business casual and a tie. His ties usually have a tacky aquatic motif.
Why Did You Join GhostCrue?: Raised in a loving home, the only son of a Witch and a Warlock couple, Gerome always knew his life would be...weird. After being kicked out of Greenblotz Magic College for actually having no real magical skills at all, he became a Ghost hunter for hire, using his ingenious knowledge of technology and the arcane arts to accomplish what he could not do naturally, much to his parents slight dissapoint. His first years were in an outfit called 'Ghostbursters', who collapsed into debt and humiliation when they accidentally let a horde of angry Seminole warrior spirits from the depths of lake Okeechobee rampage through Miami, ruining property values and upsetting old folks. Gerome's skills were somewhat in question at this point, so he took the next job that came referenced-Ghostcrue!
Ghost Hunting Strategy: Gadgeteer
Flashlight Model: Basic
EctoVac Model: Poltergust 1500.
Jumpsuit Colour: Orange

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBObJhcy8Wg
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:22:02 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 03:12:11 pm »

Name:
Appearance: Generally weird. In fact, his ghostbuster gear closely resembles his casual outfit.
Why Did You Join GhostCrue?: To study those things men was not meant to now.
Ghost Hunting Strategy: Researcher
Flashlight Model: Standard flashlight
EctoVac Model: Protonpack
Jumpsuit Colour: Active camouflage
Cash On Hand: € 0

« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:16:31 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 03:20:47 pm »

Name: Thomas Thornton
Appearance: An aged British Aristocrat with and eyepatch and cane
Why Did You Join GhostCrue?: Descended from a family of supernatural hunters, and retirement got boring
Ghost Hunting Strategy: Leader
Flashlight Model: Basic
EctoVac Model:
Jumpsuit Colour: Red
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:50:31 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 03:31:22 pm »

Yay, I was wondering when you were gonna post this. :D

Name: Dexter Sage
Appearance: Short-ish messy black hair, grey eyes. Has slightly tanned skin and a thin build.
Why Did You Join GhostCrue?: Believed his (now ex-)girlfriend was possessed by a ghost and sent in an application for the sake of taking vengeance upon the ghosts.  She actually had epilepsy, as he later found out.
He still took the job since it seemed like a pretty interesting place to work and plus, he'd likely be unemployed otherwise.
Ghost Hunting Strategy: Runner
Flashlight Model: Basic-Flashlight
EctoVac Model: Proton Pack
Jumpsuit Colour: Navy
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 03:38:49 pm »

Name: John Smith
Appearance: Rather odd. Is somewhat chubby, and is very tall.
Why Did You Join GhostCrue?: He got tired of living in his parent's basement, and GhostCrue seemed to offer all the fun of a video game with all of the money of a real job.
Ghost Hunting Strategy: Gadgeteer
Flashlight Model: Blue-Light
EctoVac Model: Poltergust 1500
Jumpsuit Colour: Deep Blue Oh, then Red.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:09:40 pm by Chink »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 03:59:36 pm »

Just so you know, the Jumpsuit colour is the colour YOU are going to be talking in! So Active Camo, while effective, won't be very effective for you. Unless you want me to represent it with white so it blends with the background.

And Dwarmin and Ebbor, you get to be the first members of the In-Office Thread! Which will be up in....five minutes!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: GhoulBusters: An Adventure Into Teamwork! 5 and a half/6
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 05:09:40 pm »

Uh actually I changed my mind about joining, so you can go on ahead
It's FEF, not FEOF

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GhoulBusters: An Adventure Into Teamwork! 5 and a half/6
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 05:19:28 pm »

"Okay, guys, once I finish filling out this paperwork, you'll be off. I'll brief you on the ride there."

((In other words, I'll be writing up the first Job Intro either tonight or tomorrow.))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: GhoulBusters: An Adventure Into Teamwork! 6/6
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 05:26:58 am »

Waitlist pl0x.

Name: Jim Jameston
Appearance: Nerdy, tall, lanky, big hipster glasses, wears large comic bowtie, speaks with a lisp.
Why did you join GhostCrue: Jim always thought he was a ghost. Ever since preschool. Nobody talked to him, nobody picked up his calls, ladies walked right past him etc. He was a lonely ghost, so when he found a company that looked for ghosts, he joined in to look for his people.
Strategy: Researcher
Salary: $100
Flashlight model: Basic Flashlight
Vacuum model: Poltergust 1500
Jumpsuit color: Red
Cash on hand: $100

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 04:56:06 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 11:17:11 am »

Waitlist pl0x.

Name: Jim Jameston
Appearance: Nerdy, tall, lanky, big hipster glasses, wears large comic bowtie, speaks with a lisp.
Why did you join GhostCrue: Jim always thought he was a ghost. Ever since preschool. Nobody talked to him, nobody picked up his calls, ladies walked right past him etc. He was a lonely ghost, so when he found a company that looked for ghosts, he joined in to look for his people.
Strategy: Researcher
Salary: $100
Flashlight model: Basic Flashlight
Jumpsuit color: Red
Cash on hand: $100

It will be very difficult for you to capture ghosts without a Vacuum, sir.

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 12:07:23 pm »

Name: Derrick
Appearance: Tall and lanky with an intense stare, Derrick has a habit of making others uncomfortable by looking at them too long.
Why Did You Join GhostCrue?: In normal jobs, people tend to be uncomfortable around Derrick. This makes him sad. So he's found a line of work where people are usually experiencing things far more disconcerting than himself.
Ghost Hunting Strategy: Muscle
Flashlight Model: Blue-Light
EctoVac Model: Poltergust 1500
Jumpsuit Colour:  Maroon
Cash On Hand: 0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5